Avengers: Infinity War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #50) [China]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: 2018 TBC
Group buy: To be hosted by cooey
Price: TBA
Note: Limited to 4000 copies

Group buy update - click the spoiler for info

GB will be live Friday 16th November at around 7:30 - 8:00 PM UK time.

All editions will be available apart from fullslip and quarter slip. Limited quantity of complete package and one click.

Notes - If you have transferred your Black Panther purchase to this, you cannot join the GB. If you do, your purchase will be immedialtely cancelled and refunded. And these are extremely limited at 1 edition per member - if you buy a Complete/One Click/DL/SL, you cannot then purchase any other edition, if you do your order will be immediately cancelled on the additional item and refunded.

Double Lenticular | Single Lenticular | Full Slip | One Click | 1/4 Slip

9a438038gy1fwzd3ld1w9j221l18i4bl.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3mgpj3j221l18m47e.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3pdwblj221k18j7hy.jpg9a438038gy1fwzd3k106pj221m18iwse.jpg9a438038gy1fwtnqjdtm2j221n18mn92.jpg
222BC943-C7E9-4113-8507-8A3E834CFEB9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for yet another opinion:D
Bare in mind when looking at my photos, they're not the sharpest. It's dark in England - flash was required and the photos suffered because of it. Zoom into the infinity stone stickers just to see how blurry my photos are. Just imagine therefore how much better they all look in hand.

Firstly I was amazed by how not disappointing these lenticular's are. There's definitely some sharpness lacking but if I'm honest, I really like them both. Of the two lenticulars I agree with @Covcraig the single is the nicest. Thanos has more detail in his face than I was anticipating. The streams of light by the gauntlet and by spider-man really pop all the way in the foreground against the background. You can see by my photograph below that the title is far less jagged on the single.

Here they both are compared to Thor Ragnarok. Clearly a lack of clarity in the foreground of both Avengers releases. Holding them in hand, Thor's face is sharper in the Avengers DL than the Thor Ragnarok and I think that's why some are saying the elements of blur are so bad. They're jarring compared to how impressive the rest of the lenticular is. I think the key difference here is the use of colour. The Infinity War posters are much more muted and desaturated. The over-all blue scheme to Ragnarok or Purple to GOTG Vol 2 really aids them. I think going forward blufans need's to put their emphasis on brighter, more colourful artworks. I can imagine that the main Infinity War poster would've been generally better received as a lenticular regardless of depth.
At a normal A5/ Blu-ray size poster, you can already see, even in the digital versions that the Avengers lenticular would suffer compared to the Thor Ragnarok. The contrast is low and the artwork features tiny faces in the foreground. Heimdall in the Thor Ragnarok release isn't much sharper than what's to be found on the Avengers release.

The Avengers lenticular isn't much sharper then the Guardians vol 2 but the lack of colour is what really differentiates them. This isn't to fault the lenticular itself as the posters innately have different colour pallets but perhaps a different poster should have been chosen.

TLDR; These lenticular's aren't as bad as people are saying and if you like the artwork chosen you'll enjoy the package.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Great review and totally correct :thumbs::cigar:

The front lenti of the DL is decent enough, it’s not perfect or sharp everywhere but it’s okay. The problem with the DL is the back lenti, which is just a blurry mess really.

• Thanks
Reactions: el barto
Received my SL on Saturday and sold it right away. Seriously, the lenti is awful and from what I've seen of the packaging and contents, nothing inside (except the steelbook itself) is worth opening this edition. So sadly, DL and SL are huge blurry disappointments for me. The FS doesn't even have that good of a finish but it's the edition to own here. I mean, if people are happy with those lentis, great. ^^ I, however, expect a lot more and I'm not paying these kinda premium prices for a lenti with 4 non-blurry characters. And before anyone goes "oh but that's because of Ragnarok and the superb quality of the lenti!" I had the Ragnarok SL and it was awful. So no, I don't have the Ragnarok DL as comparison, I got other Blufans lentis though and a lot of them are gorgeous. However, they just sometimes manage to suck real badly at lentis, especially when there are dozens of characters on them. See the Doctor Strange SL. Great effect but it's so damn pixelated it's not even funny. Still better than the Infinity War DL and SL though.

• Thanks
Reactions: el barto
Received my SL on Saturday and sold it right away. Seriously, the lenti is awful and from what I've seen of the packaging and contents, nothing inside (except the steelbook itself) is worth opening this edition. So sadly, DL and SL are huge blurry disappointments for me. The FS doesn't even have that good of a finish but it's the edition to own here. I mean, if people are happy with those lentis, great. ^^ I, however, expect a lot more and I'm not paying these kinda premium prices for a lenti with 4 non-blurry characters. And before anyone goes "oh but that's because of Ragnarok and the superb quality of the lenti!" I had the Ragnarok SL and it was awful. So no, I don't have the Ragnarok DL as comparison, I got other Blufans lentis though and a lot of them are gorgeous. However, they just sometimes manage to suck real badly at lentis, especially when there are dozens of characters on them. See the Doctor Strange SL. Great effect but it's so damn pixelated it's not even funny. Still better than the Infinity War DL and SL though.
Can you give us some examples of lentis BF has produced in the past that are better than these? (Without counting the ones you've already mentioned.)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The Doctor Strange single lenticular is a different breed of shocking compared to these
True, it's pixelated but with a nice effect while these here are pixelated and blurry ... XD

Can you give us some examples of lentis BF has produced in the past that are better than these? (Without counting the ones you've already mentioned.)
Eh from the top of my head? GOTG SL and GOTG2 SL are awesome as is the Blufans Homecoming DL (even though the front could be a tad bit sharper for my taste and the back less monotone). Dunkirk lenti is better too. Even the old TFA and TWS lentis by Blufans are better than the IW ones coz while pixelated (and way to dark in case of the latter), at least the characters are sharp whereas the IW lentis are, as mentioned before, blurry. You know, if you have a lenti with 23 characters on it and you only manage to get 4 sharp no matter how you turn it, that's pretty bad. The SL isn't much better here coz yeah, Spidey, Strange, Star-Lord and probably Thor are sharp but how is that good when the entire cast at the bottom is blurry and so is Thanos? Tony isn't sharp either.

To each their own, ya know, good for people who like these releases I guess but I for one don't and I'm waiting for another company to pick IW up. Maybe FAC. I mean, I don't own any of their lentis that blew my mind but at this point I'm pretty positive FAC could produce much better editions than Blufans.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Eh from the top of my head? GOTG SL and GOTG2 SL are awesome as is the Blufans Homecoming DL (even though the front could be a tad bit sharper for my taste and the back less monotone). Dunkirk lenti is better too. Even the old TFA and TWS lentis by Blufans are better than the IW ones coz while pixelated (and way to dark in case of the latter), at least the characters are sharp whereas the IW lentis are, as mentioned before, blurry. You know, if you have a lenti with 23 characters on it and you only manage to get 4 sharp no matter how you turn it, that's pretty bad. The SL isn't much better here coz yeah, Spidey, Strange, Star-Lord and probably Thor are sharp but how is that good when the entire cast at the bottom is blurry and so is Thanos? Tony isn't sharp either.
That's fine, thanks. I thought you had a few in mind already since you did say:
I got other Blufans lentis though and a lot of them are gorgeous.
So you think GOTG SL, GOTG2 SL, Dunkirk DL, CA TFA, CA TWS are better. Being specific I'll be able to put mine to the (quality) test, hopefully soon.

That's fine, thanks. I thought you had a few in mind already since you did say:

So you think GOTG SL, GOTG2 SL, Dunkirk DL, CA TFA, CA TWS are better. Being specific I'll be able to put mine to the (quality) test, hopefully soon.
I have never seen such bad lentis from Blufans. That was my point. All the lentis I have from them are better than the IW ones. To be fair, that doesn't mean all of them are great, just that imo all are less ******. There are some stellar ones but from what I've seen, Blufans aren't the ones I would count on to always produce gorgeous lentis with amazing sharpness and depth.

• Thanks
Reactions: el barto and DMD4k
I think I own lenticular's that I like less. Not necessarily worse. (Blufans Age of Ultron for example. Sharper than these but less exciting artwork and a muted colour scheme). The blur in the fore-ground of these Infinity War releases is noticeable but theres also a lot to like imo. I like the ensemble artwork. I like the compositions. I like the colours. But I agree in terms of quality alone, if you hate the artwork, the quality alone wont win you over.

I think why I'm piping up is because I feel there are a lot of beloved Lenticular's (admittedly from other companies) which are worse. I've already mentioned Kimchidvd Thor TDW which is a blurry mess. And I immediately sold the adored HDZeta Blade Runner.

more like wich ones from BF's are worse then IW ones, would be an easier and shorter reply.:LOL:
Well, I don't know that for a fact. Apparently you think so, and so does KittyCat, and that's fine, but others have said different. For now I'm just contrasting info and I'll make up my own mind when I have mine in hand.
For now, judging from the better photos shared here I think there are more fair reviews on this than yours and KittyCat's, which isn't to say you're wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
There are some stellar ones but from what I've seen, Blufans aren't the ones I would count on to always produce gorgeous lentis with amazing sharpness and depth.
And who are? Who "always produce gorgeous lentis with amazing sharpness and depth"?

tumblr_o4b6dy6Qjf1s5anqko2_250.gif

From my experience of NOT receiving my one click this morning, and reading through posts, lets just chalk this one up to personal experience of having it in hand as it's always going to be subjective whatever comments are put here.
@matthewtheunicorn has proposed the best argument for this so far, yet still subjective. If a title is jagged then it's a fact to us all... but if one isn't fussed by that level of jaggedness then it's a win. If that level of jaggedness haunts your dreams
then it's a loss, and you can quickly scalp shift it on through the bay for £90.

Moral of the story: Get it anyway because that gap in your collection gonna haunt your dreams more!