Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 14, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order live on August 23 at 12 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £27.99 (3D)

12258499-9484697907240786.jpg
12258500-2024697909040132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve put this in maleficent and I’ll put it here

Zavvi are getting a lot of backlash on twitter for this red carpet rubbish. Zavvi haven’t actually announced it on their twitter which I find odd (like they know they will get sh!t for it) but if you search the word ‘zavvi’ and not actually click on their twitter page you will see lots of people complaining
From people that will more than likely moan about it but pay the fee anyway :rofl:

From people that will more than likely moan about it but pay the fee anyway :rofl:

Possibly but quite a few seem to be very p*ssed off by it. A few “I’m not ordering again” etc comments which is probably a lie. One guy brings up quite a few interesting points about it and similar to what I think about the whole scenario.

Mainly that the email basically says - you’re our valued customer BUT if you want free shipping or to order a steelbook a day early you need to pay for this privilege.
And I agree, It’s a bad way of treating your customers. okay £10 ain’t much but the fact that this has all been free before just makes me not want to deal with them anymore. I will, but it does take the biscuit. And before anyone starts banging on about amazon prime, I don’t opt in for that either because I don’t agree with it and their price is even worse. Only time I’ve used it is for free trials because I can

Also someone said they saved a few quid on shipping already and now only need another 6 ordered to be in pocket!! Umm no you don’t because you never paid for shipping before on steelbooks

Last edited:
They won’t get too many people paying for a service like that, the price is worse than Amazon Prime here in the US if you don’t do month to month and with Prime you get Prime Video too not to mention thousands upon thousands of products delivered sometimes the same day or one day delivery

Nice try Zavvi (not!)

I’ve just received one of the worst emails from zavvis customer service

So I sent a lengthy email and In that I asked what their plan is with limiting orders, will there be enough for normal customers who don’t want to be apart of this red carpet bullsh!t (marvel etc), why is this the only way to get free shipping when every other retailer in the U.K. offers it or with HMV it’s above £10, amazon above £20 and so on and this was a part of their reply (they didn’t actually answer any of my questions, instead they have tried to tell me that the answer is to go on the red carpet lol pr*cks)

This is genuinely in the email I received:

If you are concerned about missing out on items you would like to order and the delivery costs that have now been added to exclusive Steelbooks, then we would strongly recommend that you review the decision you have made about the service.

The Red Carpet is here to stay.

Red Carpet is UK only that causes problem for lot of customers based outside UK when it comes to high demand releases and very limited releases having early access to pre orders
Some of these releases could very easily be sold out before customers based outside UK can even attempt an order.

Reactions: Flloydo
I’ve just received one of the worst emails from zavvis customer service

So I sent a lengthy email and In that I asked what their plan is with limiting orders, will there be enough for normal customers who don’t want to be apart of this red carpet bullsh!t (marvel etc), why is this the only way to get free shipping when every other retailer in the U.K. offers it or with HMV it’s above £10, amazon above £20 and so on and this was a part of their reply (they didn’t actually answer any of my questions, instead they have tried to tell me that the answer is to go on the red carpet lol pr*cks)

This is genuinely in the email I received:

If you are concerned about missing out on items you would like to order and the delivery costs that have now been added to exclusive Steelbooks, then we would strongly recommend that you review the decision you have made about the service.

The Red Carpet is here to stay.

I wonder, what about those with non UK addresses?
(as they mention on the Red Carp*sh#$ that ONLY those with UK address can join)

@Flloydo got to laugh at their reply. :rofl:
Yeah man. That was awful

Red Carpet is UK only that causes problem for lot of customers based outside UK when it comes to high demand releases and very limited releases having early access to pre orders
Some of these releases could very easily be sold out before customers based outside UK can even attempt an order.
I wonder, what about those with non UK addresses?
(as they mention on the Red Carp*sh#$ that ONLY those with UK address can join)

This is all in my reply back to them.

I’ve said so if anyone outside the U.K. complains about this are you going to tell them the same to asses their decision to join even though they can’t join.

I’ve asked again what their plan is to limit scalpers, will there be enough stock if a title that goes up is somthing that will sell out etc so I’ll wait for that answer

Honestly, if you’re not happy with all this red carpet stuff then let loose on them. Message them and Give them hell.

Thing is zavvi aren't bothered about scalpers, it's just money for them same with the red carpet subscription. They just care about money in their pockets not customer care or satisfaction. Yeah it's only £10 and in all honesty I feel majorly pressured into signing up in order not to miss out on getting items like this. I'm a new steelbook collector and I've had to buy most of my steelbooks off scalpers on eBay as I've missed the zavvi window, which leaves me with two options pay £10 a year to get early access and buy off a site that doesn't care about customers or buy off eBay sellers that are guilty of cashing in on demand? Yes if enough people protest against the red carpet it might get turned over due to backlash but right now zavvi seem set on pushing this and even if they do turn it over in a week or two weeks or whatever what happens to those who have signed up? Money back? Carry the scheme on for a year? Find another way to get money out of people. As for non UK customers it's first come first served way it should always be. I've always thought the demand was high enough to start selling exclusively to certain markets have zavvi UK for the UK and Ireland, have a euro site for customers in Europe, a usa site for the US and Canada ect. As a UK customer it makes sense that way everyone has a fair shot no matter where you are.

I stopped buying this line at Guardians of the Galaxy (and since sold most of them) but did make an exception with Civil War and I'll make an exception with this one as well. This is my favourite IW poster mainly due to Gamora being front and centre :drool:

Does anyone know when it's going live and can someone remind me of the link to get the code working?

Thing is zavvi aren't bothered about scalpers, it's just money for them same with the red carpet subscription. They just care about money in their pockets not customer care or satisfaction. Yeah it's only £10 and in all honesty I feel majorly pressured into signing up in order not to miss out on getting items like this. I'm a new steelbook collector and I've had to buy most of my steelbooks off scalpers on eBay as I've missed the zavvi window, which leaves me with two options pay £10 a year to get early access and buy off a site that doesn't care about customers or buy off eBay sellers that are guilty of cashing in on demand? Yes if enough people protest against the red carpet it might get turned over due to backlash but right now zavvi seem set on pushing this and even if they do turn it over in a week or two weeks or whatever what happens to those who have signed up? Money back? Carry the scheme on for a year? Find another way to get money out of people. As for non UK customers it's first come first served way it should always be. I've always thought the demand was high enough to start selling exclusively to certain markets have zavvi UK for the UK and Ireland, have a euro site for customers in Europe, a usa site for the US and Canada ect. As a UK customer it makes sense that way everyone has a fair shot no matter where you are.

They do cancel bulk orders but not sure it’s all the time

I stopped buying this line at Guardians of the Galaxy (and since sold most of them) but did make an exception with Civil War and I'll make an exception with this one as well. This is my favourite IW poster mainly due to Gamora being front and centre :drool:

Does anyone know when it's going live and can someone remind me of the link to get the code working?

No idea when it goes live but if these are now going live a day early for this red carpet bullsh*t then I doubt the codes will work anymore. Time will tell I suppose with when maleficent goes live for the peasants.

Actually I’m surprised zavvi didn’t start their message to me with “dear peasant”

Zavvi customer service is horrendous. I was one of many who were incorrectly awarded the Champions League final tickets, I'm a Liverpool fan too. Only to then be told it was a mistake by Zavvi and here's 15% off your next "full price" order. Shocking and can't say I'm surprised by the reply floydo received.

Zavvi customer service is horrendous. I was one of many who were incorrectly awarded the Champions League final tickets, I'm a Liverpool fan too. Only to then be told it was a mistake by Zavvi and here's 15% off your next "full price" order. Shocking and can't say I'm surprised by the reply floydo received.

Lol I forgot about that. Also won that too.

I wonder if anyone didn't win it and if there really was one winner.

I thought that at the time too. Didn’t the message say, we will contact the actual winner separately or somthing.
Also in the terms and conditions it said you had to be ready for photos etc

Zavvi never even posted anything on their social media with the winners in Madrid. I would say they were clever to avoid backlash but the amount of stupid sh!t I’ve seen this company pull over the years that still wouldn’t bother them.

But yeah, I’d never seen such a backlash toward them, was interesting because for once it weren’t just us lot saying we ain’t happy with the new iron man 2 4k steelbook price or complaining that a code disabled 5 minutes earlier than usual lol, it was actual hate from thousands of football fans lol

I thought that at the time too. Didn’t the message say, we will contact the actual winner separately or somthing.
Also in the terms and conditions it said you had to be ready for photos etc

Zavvi never even posted anything on their social media with the winners in Madrid. I would say they were clever to avoid backlash but the amount of stupid sh!t I’ve seen this company pull over the years that still wouldn’t bother them.

But yeah, I’d never seen such a backlash toward them, was interesting because for once it weren’t just us lot saying we ain’t happy with the new iron man 2 4k steelbook price or complaining that a code disabled 5 minutes earlier than usual lol, it was actual hate from thousands of football fans lol
Especially the Liverpool and Tottenham fans I nearly cancelled surgery because I thought I had won. They would have probably thought bad publicity is good publicity. Bring back Play.com

Especially the Liverpool and Tottenham fans I nearly cancelled surgery because I thought I had won. They would have probably thought bad publicity is good publicity. Bring back Play.com

Wow, lucky you didn’t. I remember reading that people had cancelled holidays and stuff.

Good ol play.com

one thing gamers taught me is that consumers are actually quite stupid. they will pay for anything. and before you know it you are paying for things that used to be free and should be free. they will only charge if people pay. and pay they will. those people with no willpower will ruin it for everyone. paying to pre order.. pft.

how about make it so you pay a deposit on pre orders instead... paying for the privilege to pre order, (and not the pre order itself) is money for nothing.