Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jun 17, 2018
UK
Release date: October 26, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £74.99

12687281-7744795635676725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already on pre order the Italy 4K steelbooks trilogy edition but I perfer the UK Box artwork

I also expect we will see announced in next few days a Amazon Exclusive possible will be hoverboard edition but that's TBC

There must be another steelbook edition in UK if Zavvi only was allocated a very limited amount

Even if Zavvi was offered a very limited amount, still does not explain why red carpet members didn't get first stab at it

I think the wording was wrong in the email and that’s where the confusion is. Their twitter which they tweeted it’s available to pre order mentions nothing about limited stock or RC access before hand. Same as their app. I get notifications for that and it plainly said “now live”

I’m guessing like sonic and 1917 it is infact very limited stock. And like both of those, it will be back after release but probably for minutes lol

Not everything goes through RC. I think when it has other releases in other countries they don’t have RC pre orders. Something along those lines. Is that right @paulboland ?

offer extremely limited stock to RC members exclusively. what exactly is the benefit of red carpet? an ego boost because you get to pre order two hours ahead of standard buyers?

Reactions: kipper15
To be fair, for every steelbook release, I ALWAYS get a red carpet alert
That is the only point of having a red carpet membership

That's why this is so confusing... Someone obviously forgot to turn on the red carpet switch for this one
Even the whole email from Zavvi seems wrong... with the "extremely limited stock" thing
Which implies it's already gone live

Also, red carpet is typically announced or known before hand for e.g midday on Saturday
Something gone wrong here

It would appear someone from Zavvi has indeed screwed up.

Remember the Champions League Final VIP trip prize f**k-up?

It would appear someone from Zavvi has indeed screwed up.

Remember the Champions League Final VIP trip prize f**k-up?

Sorry no. It isn't clear that someone from Zavvi has indeed screwed up.

Was it announced somewhere that there would be an exclusive pre-order for Red Carpet members?

No. If they had announced an exclusive pre-order for Red Carpet members and then not had a pre-order for Red Carpet members then that would be a screw up.

I have already on pre order the Italy 4K steelbooks trilogy edition but I perfer the UK Box artwork

I also expect we will see announced in next few days a Amazon Exclusive possible will be hoverboard edition but that's TBC

There must be another steelbook edition in UK if Zavvi only was allocated a very limited amount

I sure hope you're right about another steelbook edition coming in the UK - or at the very least another round of stock coming Zavvi's way. I really wanted that UK set but there are some on this thread who went online to order within a very short space of time from receiving an alert from Zavvi and it showed as "sold out".

Was the stock SO limited that it sold out that fast? I am finding that hard to believe and that actually there's been a mistake somewhere along the line.

I sure hope you're right about another steelbook edition coming in the UK - or at the very least another round of stock coming Zavvi's way. I really wanted that UK set but there are some on this thread who went online to order within a very short space of time from receiving an alert from Zavvi and it showed as "sold out".

Was the stock SO limited that it sold out that fast? I am finding that hard to believe and that actually there's been a mistake somewhere along the line.
Wouldn't sell out that fast for sure at that price

I'm a red carpet member and when I clicked on the link, it wasn't available to me and that was 3 seconds after I get the email

strange. I got the twitter, email and app notifications all within seconds of each other and it was live. Hence why I posted it in the steelbook sales thread

Reactions: Stygian