Batman: Arkham City - Prequel to feature Justice League!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Last night’s Spike TV VGA’s played host to the official unveiling of super hero sequel Batman: Arkham City, the debut trailer of which can be seen below for your consumption courtesy of the chaps at GameTrailers.

Plot info:
Quincy Sharp is no longer running for mayor.
Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
Hugo Strange is now in charge of Arkham City.
Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
The overdose of venom may not be what's wrong with the Joker.

Gameplay info:
You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
More puzzles.
All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
Side missions now feature in the game.
Gangs roam Arkham City. These are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
You find people who work for the Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
Batman has smoke bombs.

Screens:

BatmanAC.jpg

BatmanAC2.jpg

BatmanAC3.jpg

BatmanAC4.jpg

BatmanAC5.jpg

BatmanAC6.jpg

BatmanAC7.jpg

BatmanAC8.jpg

BatmanAC9.jpg

BatmanAC10.jpg

BatmanAC11.jpg

BatmanAC12.jpg

BatmanAC13.jpg

BatmanAC14.jpg

BatmanAC15.jpg

BatmanAC16.jpg

BatmanAC17.jpg

BatmanAC18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How many DLC's were released for this game (were they worth it?)... I haven't played the game since release so Im wondering what Im missing out on?

^^^ theres a couple of them but they were mostly Challenges instead of continuing the story like Harley's revenge. You might want to get the Game of the Year edition, it comes with all the Content including skins and challenges.:D

^^^ theres a couple of them but they were mostly Challenges instead of continuing the story like Harley's revenge. You might want to get the Game of the Year edition, it comes with all the Content including skins and challenges.:D

naw Im not that hardcore, lol. Ill have to find out more about these DLC's. I was planning on playing the game again. I think after 5+ years of "online games" Im starting to enjoy more "offline" games again more. There really fun all of a sudden again like this one was when I played it first.

I was a hardcore COD onliner for about 3 years and just exhausted myself, lol, and now I suck at online FPS games! I was one of the top gamers online on COD4.

I got it yesterday and it adds a little bit to the story . You play as Robin and goes back to Batman, pretty good for $10.00 . If you enjoyed the game you'll enjoy this too :D

Summed up perfectly, to a tee.

It's nothing groundbreaking, or revolutionary, but it expands upon the excellent storyline and game. Plus it's pretty cool that it features Robin, too. I don't think it'd have been worth the £6 odd I paid for it if it was just Batman as like I said, it's nothing groundbreaking.

Quite looking forward to the sequel. It'd seem that they're going to play on Batman's emotions following the events in Arkham City. Quite liked what they did, regarding this, in the DLC.

The next game in the Batman Arkham series will be a prequel featuring characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash.

According to a report by Variety, the story will centre on Batman’s first encounter with the Joker and draw heavily from DC’s ‘50s comic book series that saw the formation of the Justice League of America.

The report also speculates that the title is aiming for a 2014 release date “at the earliest.”

Finally, Variety also mentions that Arkham Asylum sold in the region of 4.3m units, while the latest instalment, Arkham City, reached over 6 million.