Batman: Arkham City - Prequel to feature Justice League!

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Last night’s Spike TV VGA’s played host to the official unveiling of super hero sequel Batman: Arkham City, the debut trailer of which can be seen below for your consumption courtesy of the chaps at GameTrailers.

Plot info:
Quincy Sharp is no longer running for mayor.
Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
Hugo Strange is now in charge of Arkham City.
Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
The overdose of venom may not be what's wrong with the Joker.

Gameplay info:
You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
More puzzles.
All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
Side missions now feature in the game.
Gangs roam Arkham City. These are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
You find people who work for the Riddler to find Riddler challenges.
Batman has smoke bombs.

Screens:

BatmanAC.jpg

BatmanAC2.jpg

BatmanAC3.jpg

BatmanAC4.jpg

BatmanAC5.jpg

BatmanAC6.jpg

BatmanAC7.jpg

BatmanAC8.jpg

BatmanAC9.jpg

BatmanAC10.jpg

BatmanAC11.jpg

BatmanAC12.jpg

BatmanAC13.jpg

BatmanAC14.jpg

BatmanAC15.jpg

BatmanAC16.jpg

BatmanAC17.jpg

BatmanAC18.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Japanese are getting a colored statue on their LE package....BS :squint:

I have to say that we are most likely getting the same exact figure also painted. To be fair here the images of the collectors edition we have there is a fair bit of gray scale being used in the photo. The base on the figure for ours looks a little weird due to it being toned down from the deeper color on it. All of the figures are being made by the same company that is based in Japan. There is no way we won't see color on this one.

Looks pretty good tho, I seen the DC Universe special edition is now dropped in price at Best buy which includes that other fig.

Can't wait for this game to come out. It's got to be my most anticipated game of the year. Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 follow that up, but this one just looks better and better every time I read something new about it.

~~Anyone in Australia want to help me out with getting that Steelbook in my hands???

You won't have to wait for a "Game of the Year" version to play Batman: Arkham City in 3D. When the game ships in October, it'll have two varieties of 3D support built in. The Xbox and PS3 versions will be playable in stereoscopic 3D on compatible televisions, using active-shutter glasses. The PC version will include Nvidia 3D Vision tech to support 3D output on compatible TVs or monitors, if you happen to have a GeForce GPU.

In addition, the game supports regular old anaglyph 3D when played on an HDTV with "3D glasses available for the video game." This is likely the same TriOviz tech used in Arkham Asylum. So even if you don't have a fancy 3DTV (and just a fancy HDTV), you can see some cape virtually up in your face.

Source: Joystiq

Pretty cool. Looking forward to play on 3D.

Time is going too slow - come on October!

This year is really interesting for PS3 fans - AC Revelations, Arkham City, Uncharted 3..... Definitely a must buys for me!

Last edited:
This game is looking good!

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:693312/cp~vid%3D693312%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A693312" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/latest/music.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Music News</a></p></div></div>

Last edited by a moderator: