Batman Begins (4K + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDZeta Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: December 8 December 22, 2018 (TBC)
Purchase link: HDzeta (Pre-order November 11 at 10 AM EST)
Price: $149.99
Group Buy: $198
WEA steelbook, 4K UHD+2D+Bonus
1 Click Only HERE
Information at the moment:
  • Sold as one click only, there will be no single sales
  • Price will be $109 + shipping and fees
  • There will be a deposit system for TDK and TDKR at $20 each as an addition to the Batman Begins one click
  • Purchasing all three gets you the same number and the large storage box
More info available November 10th per @wxlinkswd

Boxset is due to ship late March

full

1541954211284.png1541954247202.png1541954280881.png1541954307335.png
batmanbegins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame that the slips/boxset/extras seem to be what win out over the HDZeta steels.
The lack of bossing really weakens the overall steelbooks they put out. Sometimes full glossy steels just isn't good enough, this is why I think the Manta Lab Wonder Woman steelbook for example is far superior.

Take the Manta Lab Constantine, gorgeous steelbook in gloss but just having that debossed title really makes it pop.

It's a shame that the slips/boxset/extras seem to be what win out over the HDZeta steels.
The lack of bossing really weakens the overall steelbooks they put out. Sometimes full glossy steels just isn't good enough, this is why I think the Manta Lab Wonder Woman steelbook for example is far superior.

Take the Manta Lab Constantine, gorgeous steelbook in gloss but just having that debossed title really makes it pop.
Thing is, HDZ can do it when they want to though. Their T1 for example. Beautiful steel with awesome artwork, full glossy and embossed :drool: All round perfect steel for me. It would be nice however if they were to do this more often. I'm not sure why they don't :dunno:

20170804_142515.jpg

20170804_143551.jpg

20170804_120643.jpg

All of ‘zeta’s Warner Bros steels are flat. Not sure if it’s by choice (for consistency), or something WB takes issue with. Manta’s Man of Steel was certainly allowed ‘bossing, but they might be dealing with different distributors/rules, what with it being a different region and all.

Side note, @Mickle_89: just happened to take that T1 steel out yesterday to admire it. Definitely one of the best in recent memory. :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
My T1 only arrived a few days ago after finally finding one to buy.

Haven't opened it yet. I know I won't be disappointed.

Would be great if HDZeta even did a little subtle bossing on more steels. Can really add to the overall look when done well.

All of ‘zeta’s Warner Bros steels are flat. Not sure if it’s by choice (for consistency), or something WB takes issue with. Manta’s Man of Steel was certainly allowed ‘bossing, but they might be dealing with different distributors/rules, what with it being a different region and all.

Not many Warner steels I own have any bossing, off the top of my head just the recently released WWA Wonder Woman, and the two Manta Lab DC films (Man of Steel and Wonder Woman)

It's too early to make a final decision, but the more I look at the steelbooks, the firmer becomes my decision to just stick with the trilogy boxset and my custom glossed steels:

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

I like this one (Batman Begins) best out of the three HDzeta steels, though.
Maybe the slips will change my opinion drastically. We'll see.

Last edited:
I feel like the obvious the characters get overused on these Dark Knight trilogy steelbooks, I would like ones with Harvey Dent/Two Face (who I personally believe stole the show in Dark Knight) and Catwoman, mix it up abit

Not many Warner steels I own have any bossing, off the top of my head just the recently released WWA Wonder Woman, and the two Manta Lab DC films (Man of Steel and Wonder Woman)
You can be sure that there are plenty out there you don't own . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, best thing about this trilogy is that they go well together unlike every other steelbook trilogy released thus far - the obvious being similar/same colouring on each across the covers, similar sized and positioned Bat symbol on the backs, similar style and size front / spine titles, single figure centrally placed on the front etc. . . .
upload_2018-1-26_0-23-56.png
upload_2018-1-26_0-27-16.png
upload_2018-1-26_0-24-37.png

You can be sure that there are plenty out there you don't own . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, best thing about this trilogy is that they go well together unlike every other steelbook trilogy released thus far - the obvious being similar/same colouring on each across the covers, similar sized and positioned Bat symbol on the backs, similar style and size front / spine titles, single figure centrally placed on the front etc. . . .
View attachment 354951 View attachment 354955 View attachment 354953

Didn't the Amazon.co.jp Steelbooks have matching elements, as well? One trilogy was white with centered title placement- the other trilogy had matching title spines and the same evolution of the batman emblem across the three films, correct?

Didn't the Amazon.co.jp Steelbooks have matching elements, as well? One trilogy was white with centered title placement- the other trilogy had matching title spines and the same evolution of the batman emblem across the three films, correct?
Of course there will be elements similar in each steelbook trilogy release . . . just saying this is the most homogeneous yet.

As for the Japan trilogy: Yes, you've got the white colour . . . with the main glaring difference being the scaling of the front images on all three:-
upload_2018-1-26_10-22-29.png

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Of course there will be elements similar in each steelbook trilogy release . . . just saying this is the most homogeneous yet.

As for the Japan trilogy: Yes, you've got the white colour . . . with the main glaring difference being the scaling of the front images on all three:-
View attachment 354992

That's true- the scaling is a bit of an issue- and I think that those Steelbooks look better individually than they do as a set of three.
But I personally really like these Amazon.jp releases- all different color schemes, all distinctly unique and not frequently used artwork.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69242/
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69243/
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69244/

That's true- the scaling is a bit of an issue- and I think that those Steelbooks look better individually than they do as a set of three.
But I personally really like these Amazon.jp releases- all different color schemes, all distinctly unique and not frequently used artwork.

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69242/
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69243/
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ay-steelbook-amazon-jp-exclusive-japan.69244/
Yes, that set looks reasonably OK as far as these sets go . . . although spoiled somewhat by the cast names at the top on two out of the three and by the very basic Bat imagery and little else in the way of artwork on the backs even though, yes, there's plenty of room for that wodge of text on the back but, still, it does not look nice . . .
Anyway, text on the back, especially when placed over exterior artwork, should be a no-no in this day and age.
Pics courtesy eBay:-
upload_2018-1-26_12-36-36.png
upload_2018-1-26_12-37-13.png

. . . and a campaign should be waged by collectors to have "clean" steelbooks from every studio . . . not just Metropolitan in France - a company that went from . . . to . . . (see SPOILER) after listening to their discerning customers (or at least to those that voted in the poll / wrote in / signed the petition):-
....................................................................................................................This .................................................................................................................................................... tothis .................................................................
upload_2018-1-26_12-48-14.png
upload_2018-1-26_12-49-11.png
/
upload_2018-1-26_12-50-8.png

................................................................................................................................... and finally to this ......................................................................................................................
upload_2018-1-26_12-52-41.png
upload_2018-1-26_12-53-58.png

. . . or clean as a:-
d86916608bf8e2ba84b95ad40ab6629d.jpg

RE: TEXT ON BACK OF STEELBOOKS - WB will hopefully continue with what they've been doing recently and put it inside on the left or better still under the disc/s on the right.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Yes, that set looks reasonably OK as far as these sets go . . . although spoiled somewhat by the cast names at the top on two out of the three and by the very basic Bat imagery and little else in the way of artwork on the backs even though, yes, there's plenty of room for that wodge of text on the back but, still, it does not look nice . . .
Anyway, text on the back, especially when placed over exterior artwork, should be a no-no in this day and age.
Pics courtesy eBay:-
View attachment 354997 View attachment 354998

. . . and a campaign should be waged by collectors to have "clean" steelbooks from every studio . . . not just Metropolitan in France - a company that went from . . . to . . . (see SPOILER) after listening to their discerning customers (or at least to those that voted in the poll / wrote in / signed the petition):-
....................................................................................................................This .................................................................................................................................................... tothis .................................................................
View attachment 354999 View attachment 355000 / View attachment 355001
................................................................................................................................... and finally to this ......................................................................................................................
View attachment 355002 View attachment 355003

RE: TEXT ON BACK OF STEELBOOKS - WB will hopefully continue with what they've been doing recently and put it inside on the left or better still under the disc/s on the right.

That’s fair- but I still prefer that set to this set. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Status
Not open for further replies.