Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Aww @Noodles
hugging.gif
I feel bad you clicked the spoiler.

I started to write a quick review and it then somehow took on a mind of its own and become some kind of epic essay lol

I hope you can still enjoy the film and I'll be interested to hear your views and also @Flloydo's take on the film when you've both seen it :)

You causing trouble again lol

Yeah I'm still up for it,

Looking forward to @Noodles views too. We had a big chat in this thread a few months back about certain scenes in the trailer and theories so I'm looking forward to that in the film and hearing what he has to say.

Reactions: Flash and Noodles
Ive tried to avoid the thread too mate until i see the film and my last couple of posts were ignored by most lol and thought I was going to get a lot of back lash (another reason I was avoiding it but it was ok in the end - just hope people see What I was trying to say and not take it to heart). I'm sure I've offended someone here when I wasn't trying to direct certain things at people except one quote i quoted but again that was to prove a point, not to directly pick on that person.
When I do finally see it I'll have to come back here and read through them and I'll probably have a lot to say too. hah
I'll see what you meant then too
I've obviously missed a lot in here then, because I have no idea what post(s) you're referring to lol. But, yeah... I'll probably revisit this thread once I've seen the film and read everyone's thoughts and finally open the spoilers! :D

Aww @Noodles
hugging.gif
I feel bad you clicked the spoiler.

I started to write a quick review and it then somehow took on a mind of its own and become some kind of epic essay lol

I hope you can still enjoy the film and I'll be interested to hear your views and also @Flloydo's take on the film when you've both seen it :)
No worries! Wasn't your fault at all... I should've paid more attention to what I was doing lol. You only confirmed something I was 99% sure would happen anyway...

I thought one of them would die, and I couldn't see it being Batman as his standalone film has already been announced... so that just left Superman, who they could easily bring back since he's the one who actually has super powers/abilities, so his death made more sense.

Again, not to worry. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing the movie! :)

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
I've obviously missed a lot in here then, because I have no idea what post(s) you're referring to lol. But, yeah... I'll probably revisit this thread once I've seen the film and read everyone's thoughts and finally open the spoilers! :D

No worries! Wasn't your fault at all... I should've paid more attention to what I was doing lol. You only confirmed something I was 99% sure would happen anyway...

I thought one of them would die, and I couldn't see it being Batman as his standalone film has already been announced... so that just left Superman, who they could easily bring back since he's the one who actually has super powers/abilities, so his death made more sense.

Again, not to worry. I'm still very much looking forward to seeing the movie! :)

Lol most of them were in reply to you, you prob did read them.
It was just little rants I suppose

Damn I didn't realise when you quote someone with a spoiler you can see what they have wrote in that spoiler!. I just see the first line of your spoiler lol so I hope that's another character to the 3 main characters!

I'm definately going to have to stay out this thread lol

Lol most of them were in reply to you, you prob did read them.
It was just little rants I suppose

Damn I didn't realise when you quote someone with a spoiler you can see what they have wrote in that spoiler!. I just see the first line of your spoiler lol so I hope that's another character to the 3 main characters!

I'm definately going to have to stay out this thread lol
Oh? I don't recall seeing any replies to me, but a lot has been said about a lot of different things, so maybe I just didn't realise it was in reply to me lol. I'll have to go back and check at some point.

Crap! Sorry mate... didn't think about that. I should've done separate posts for my replies to you both. Hopefully you didn't see too much...? :ohno:

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh? I don't recall seeing any replies to me, but a lot has been said about a lot of different things, so maybe I just didn't realise it was in reply to me lol. I'll have to go back and check at some point.

Crap! Sorry mate... didn't think about that. I should've done separate posts for my replies to you both. Hopefully you didn't see too much...? :ohno:

I think it was the last page or the page before. Don't matter. Think it was the reply to your "and breathe" post lol

No mate not your fault. I never noticed it before and I've quoted people with spoilers in the past.

It's all good, I literally see the first 6ish words so it could of been anyone you was referring to, and my guess is it isn't the main 3 (bat, supes or wonder) otherwise the justice league film wouldn't make sense lol

Reactions: Noodles
I think it was the last page or the page before. Don't matter. Think it was the reply to your "and breathe" post lol

No mate not your fault. I never noticed it before and I've quoted people with spoilers in the past.

It's all good, I literally see the first 6ish words so it could of been anyone you was referring to, and my guess is it isn't the main 3 (bat, supes or wonder) otherwise the justice league film wouldn't make sense lol
Ah, I definitely didn't see that then... think that was the point I stopped visiting this thread to be honest.

Must admit, I've never noticed it before either... or at least never accidentally read a spoiler I'm quoting. At least we know to be extra careful in future now though. :)

That's good then! I won't say anything more about it. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Off to see this tomorrow evening, just the standard 2D showing. Gotta say though, I am more looking forward to seeing The Killing Joke (especially since the trailer dropped) then BvS, just a shame isn't out for a lil while

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Well I finally saw it, glad I went when tickets were cheap. I really didn't like it, though at least it wasn't Green Lantern level of Bad. I guess I should have known what to expect as I didn't like Man of Steel. If Affleck directs a solo Batman movie as rumors suggest then I'd watch it, if it's Snyder again then no thanks.

I loved the Bat Suit and Bat Armour though as they were pretty much exactly the same as the comics.

Okay I've just seen the film,

I've got so many mixed feelings about this film. I don't even know where to start. I'll add it all in a spoiler

Also I need to see this again just to digest it more but I think I'll wait for the uncut version

Really sorry but this is quite long .....

First off I went in forgetting about everything I might of read about the critics and had a fresh head,
I came out the cinema about 4 hours ago and had a lot to think about since leaving
There was a lot I liked but also a lot that f*cked me off
I thought the film started great, loved the introduction to batman (he looked scary in the corner of the ceiling when the officer is in front of him)
And I loved seeing the other side to the end of man of steel through Wayne's eyes, can really understand why batman sees him as a huge threat even if it's 1% as he says and on how hellbent he is on killing him.
I thought irons was great as Alfred. Very different to what we are used to. Loved that.
Glad Costner got a little scene too

I loved that batman was angrier than normal, and although a lot will disagree and usually i don't like the idea but batman actually killing people was quality for me whether it was a grenade, neck snap, bullet and other things but only because of his anger and rage since the superman incident at the end of man of steel and he's older now and why not after 20 years lol
I see it as enough is enough

I really enjoyed the scene at Lex's party with superman knowing straight away who batman is and the introduction of wonder woman.
I thought gal was good and I preferred her as Diana but not so much wonder woman (she looked f*cking hot though :) )

I enjoyed lex at times, sometimes not so much but i serioulsy can't understand the confusion people had with him being Lex's son. (I don't mean on here I mean people complaining about Jesse outside of this website). Now granted I opened a spoiler by accident and read it but I actully forgot about that earlier and he mentions it twice when you first meet him. So I'm confused why people didn't pick up on that lol

Superman was one of my biggest issues, I really enjoyed man of steel but something wasn't right about him in this. I know batman is a bit more central to the story and focus in this film and as a welcome to the new universe I liked that, but superman was different and I don't mean character development (he's screaming about Martha when batman has his size 14s in his neck was the worst acting ever)

I also thought some of the CGI was really bad in this especially doomsday. He really looked shite. Like an Orc in the first process of visual effects.
Also some the fighting with superman was dodgy and too quick plus where most of this was at night it made it harder to see, man of steel had a lot of day time scenes and looked a lot better and clearer and still managed to keep it moody and darker in a way.
The scene where he saves lois from being pushed looked so bad and then some dodgy birds eye view
Also darkseids flying minions in the knightmare are looked so shabby

Now I love the tone of the film and it being dark in that sense but the films visuals were far too dark. Maybe it was my cinema screen but it made some of the fights hard to see what was going on.

The knightmare, I liked the scenes (apart from the flying things) especially when angry superman turns up and just burns through the rebels but I hated the fact batman is pretty mush having a preminition or vision. That makes O sense to me and is stupid. Why do that.
I'd prefered if it was literally a messed up dream. But considering lex at the end says he's coming and has learned about other alien planets and species we know it's a preminition.

I did like the time travel bit with flash, very different for a batman film but why directly after the preminition?
Does that mean the future justice league are tapping into Bruce's subconscious or purely coincidental timing?
Also he warns batman that lois is the key and basically assemble a team

Was Lois the key at the end when batman is about to kill superman becasue she turns up and explains who Martha is stopping batman killing him and understanding they are fighting the same cause or is this for another film in the future?
That lost me
Wasn't sure if that's why he backed off because he's listening to his vision what flash said and listend to her about his mum.

Also find it hilarious both their mums are Martha! I didn't know that, I actually laughed out loud lol
And then all of a sudden batmans his mate lol happend so quickly!
Silly
I get batman is a little psychotic and thought I have a chance to save a Martha but that was funny.

But I do like that batman is darker and more broody,
I know it's a vision but I loved the fact batman was actully shooting people, that never happens and it was like well I'm here, there's a lot of you, the end of the world is near and im angry, **** it your getting shot lol brilliant
And then whacking them over the head with the gun.
His fighting was awesome
Even out of the vision he was killing people, superman killed zod so I like they have both killed.
Also batman branding people was quality lol

The best fight was when he's rescuing supes ma. That was awesome (although when he throws that box with his grapple it was a it strange)
I think this is the best film for batmans gadgets. They were awesome. He definatly liked guns in this one, a sniper esque gun for the tracking dart and a grenade launcher esque kryptonite blaster. Very cool

His suits were cool too but I think I prefer the Nolan suits. Not sure yet

I liked his batmobile but it seemed extremely strong, hated the scene when he's coming back from supes stoping him and he uses the road to dive into the bat cave. Another example of dodgy CGI
I did love the batwing though.

Also love batmans traps for superman at the end. Love how he was happy with the sound wave one
The little smirk was awesome but I also loved the fear in him a few minutes after when the kryptonite has worn off and he steps back kind of cowering from him. Never seen that side of batman (maybe a little in the bane fight in rises) also same with superman when he was weak.

I thought Aquaman looked ridiculous but the flash scene was cool. But the cyborg one stole the show. Out the 3,
Cool that the photo includes the cast of the wonder woman film too

I didn't like the whole bit how lex made doomsday, I thought the final fight was cr*p, hard to see and rushed. That annoyed me

Also the only way to save his mum is to kill batman? He's superman I thought he can hear stuff? I know lex didn't know where she was but none of that made sense to me!

But I really hated that superman dies even though he hasn't. That p*seed me off for some reason and I agree with you @tridon about Zacks reasons for it. It's lazy. Plus how is he not going to be there when batman goes looking, it's going to take a while to find everyone and convince them anyway and he wakes up pretty much as everyone's waking away lol don't get it
Oh @Flash (and noodles when you finally watch it) I actually thought the death scene was going to be supes mum or lois, not actually him. Glad I didn't continue reading lol

Oh and why is metropolis so close to Gotham? That bit where you can see the Batlight, I thought they was far away, it looked cool but again didn't make sense.

That deleted scene @thewoe was 44 seconds, why couldn't they just keep it in?!? Lol
I get lex knows about everything about other aliens/ planets and he asked for that but why cut that out.

There's more but I've forgotten lol

I did really like affleck as batman and Bruce Wayne though, he's my favourite Bruce Wayne but I can't choose out of him or bale as batman (especially bale from batman begins)

I'm looking more forward to the uncut now and I'll just wait and watch that

Sorry on how long that is but I'm being honest, half of it was really awesome and half was very bad. It's a hard one and that don't make a great film all the way through but it definately needs a second watch. Plus it is a lot to take in

Last edited:
Here's some of my "personnal answes"
The knightmare, I liked the scenes (apart from the flying things) especially when angry superman turns up and just burns through the rebels but I hated the fact batman is pretty mush having a preminition or vision. That makes O sense to me and is stupid. Why do that.
I'd prefered if it was literally a messed up dream. But considering lex at the end says he's coming and has learned about other alien planets and species we know it's a preminition.​
The flying things are the minions of Darkseid, the ULTIMATE DC vilain.

Was Lois the key at the end when batman is about to kill superman becasue she turns up and explains who Martha is stopping batman killing him and understanding they are fighting the same cause or is this for another film in the future?
That lost me
Wasn't sure if that's why he backed off because he's listening to his vision what flash said and listend to her about his mum.​
IMO, he backed off as he understood they were both fighting the same cause (as you said). Bringing the name "Martha" caught him off guard that even a "God" can have a mom.

Also the only way to save his mum is to kill batman? He's superman I thought he can hear stuff? I know lex didn't know where she was but none of that made sense to me!​
Yeah... super hearing and X-ray were kinda lost in that movie... I know Snyder explained some bs reason but still... doesn't make sense to me either...

But I really hated that superman dies even though he hasn't. That p*seed me off for some reason and I agree with you @tridon about Zacks reasons for it. It's lazy.​
Hum... I don't agree. Showing the World and especially Batman how Superman is committed to the Human race by doing the Ultimate sacrifice is the #1 priority in this movie. That way Batman will never have any doubt on how well Superman will always want to contribute and eventually create the Justice League

Oh and why is metropolis so close to Gotham? That bit where you can see the Batlight, I thought they was far away, it looked cool but again didn't make sense.​
Yeah... just for the movie I guess...

Here's some of my "personnal answes"

cheers

Yeah I knew they were darkseids minions, i mentioned that on the dodgy CG bit but didn't know what they was called. I was just saying the CG is really weird with them, in the trailer did they edit those out? When he's on his knees, clever if they did.

Ok, yeh I had a feeling it was a number of things like same cause, but I thought because of flash telling him lois is the key, her running in at the end also seemed crucial to that vision and her being the reason for batman not killing superman leading on to batman teaming up with him, if he did kill superman then humanity would of been destroyed by doomsday which possibly equals to no justice league formed. So I thought batman didn't kill him because of either/ and/ or • fighting for the same cause, • his vision told him lois is the key and he listened to her, • supes mum shares the same name as his mothers and he's given another chance to save a Martha (you can tell that from the promise he makes him to save her) and like you say • realisation of a god can have a mother. But i think the name plays on batmans mind because of the way he reacts to superman saying the same name as his mothers. Hugely psychological and supes didn't even know (I don't think)

Yeh the whole X-ray and super hearing was lost in this film lol only used in a few scenes (working out batman and finding lois twice for heating and a few times for x Ray)

I'm not saying I disaagree with the reason i just think it's odd and lazy.
He don't have to die for the world to see how much he cares for Earth IMO and I've not read the comic and I didn't know he was going to die but when it happned you knew he was going to be alive, just found it pointless and they just tried adding more drama. At one point i thought it wasn't going to end lol

I also got a little bored in the middle for about 10/20 mins

See for me after teaming up with him batman shouldn't have any doubt of superman anyway so that another reason I find it lazy, just because I feel like they don't know how to put superman in with others espiaclly a Normal person like batman, well not normal lol but you know what I mean (human/ mortal)

In the final fight batman didn't do much fighting because he couldn't, just grappled out the way, did a few dives and managed to find one last kryptogrenade
I feel like getting superman out for a bit makes the next film a easier project for them

Another thing i forgot about
Has there been any info on the suit he has in the glass unit that looks like the joker has defaced?
Obvioulsy he makes the comment on he's already dealt with freaks in clown outfits and we know batman has been around 20/25 years so who's suit is that? Wasn't sure if it was Robin or night wing or an old batman costume.

One thing is I am looking forward to finding out more info on batmans past as these go forward. (Well I hope we do) I want to know what villains he's already faced and if he's had a Robin and nightwimg etc
also we see riddler question marks which we all see in the trailers anyway.
And he turns up in suicide squad but apparently to do with the joker.

I do want to see a joker in another solo batman film again tbh

Last edited:
cheers

Another thing i forgot about
Has there been any info on the suit he has in the glass unit that looks like the joker has defaced?
Obvioulsy he makes the comment on he's already dealt with freaks in clown outfits and we know batman has been around 20/25 years so who's suit is that? Wasn't sure if it was Robin or night wing or an old batman costume.

One thing is I am looking forward to finding out more info on batmans past as these go forward. (Well I hope we do) I want to know what villains he's already faced and if he's had a Robin and nightwimg etc

Check the upper right corner (under the last AH!)
image.png

Check the upper right corner (under the last AH!)

Cheers for the photo

Ohhhh dur its Robin lol I'm a doughnut and he's holding the staff too
So what do you think happened to him? Do you think he turned into joker? That storyline, or maybe killed by him?

Via TheRealStanLee

Are You Ready For More ‘Batman V. Superman’: The Three Hour, R-rated Ultimate Cut Is Coming

It will clock in at close to 181 minutes. That’s just a tad over three hours. It will incorporate footage previously removed to reduce the running time, as well as amp up the violence lessened to earn the coveted PG-13 rating. Indeed, according to director Zack Snyder, the new R-rated “Ultimate Cut” of Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, promises to provide answers to some of the nagging questions fans had after sitting through the March 25 original, as well as restore some performances that were trimmed or excised altogether.

With an extra half-hour of more included, the new cut has raised expectations. It’s also continued to fuel the ongoing argument over the MPAA and superhero films recently raised by Deadpool. Indeed, that film, which was planned and executed as a hard-R from the start, became a big box office hit despite removing most the demographic – pre-teens and teens up to 17 – from the mix. On the other hand, Deadpool was a critical hit. Batman V. Superman struggled to impress reviewers and the Ultimate Cut is an unknown from a journalistic standpoint.

Will We Finally Get To See Her Like This?

jenamalone.jpg

Still, it if clears up Lex Luthor’s plans, if it offers us a chance to see Jena Malone as (rumored) Barbara Gordon, if it makes the final battle with Doomsday seem less chaotic, then it will be worth it. Besides, fans are always complaining that they want more, more, more from their superhero movies. At least the producers of Batman V. Superman are paying attention to the needs of their audience and are giving them what they crave.

The Director Talks Deleted Scenes

Via TheRealStanLee

Are You Ready For More ‘Batman V. Superman’: The Three Hour, R-rated Ultimate Cut Is Coming

It will clock in at close to 181 minutes. That’s just a tad over three hours. It will incorporate footage previously removed to reduce the running time, as well as amp up the violence lessened to earn the coveted PG-13 rating. Indeed, according to director Zack Snyder, the new R-rated “Ultimate Cut” of Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, promises to provide answers to some of the nagging questions fans had after sitting through the March 25 original, as well as restore some performances that were trimmed or excised altogether.

With an extra half-hour of more included, the new cut has raised expectations. It’s also continued to fuel the ongoing argument over the MPAA and superhero films recently raised by Deadpool. Indeed, that film, which was planned and executed as a hard-R from the start, became a big box office hit despite removing most the demographic – pre-teens and teens up to 17 – from the mix. On the other hand, Deadpool was a critical hit. Batman V. Superman struggled to impress reviewers and the Ultimate Cut is an unknown from a journalistic standpoint.

View attachment 236912

Still, it if clears up Lex Luthor’s plans, if it offers us a chance to see Jena Malone as (rumored) Barbara Gordon, if it makes the final battle with Doomsday seem less chaotic, then it will be worth it. Besides, fans are always complaining that they want more, more, more from their superhero movies. At least the producers of Batman V. Superman are paying attention to the needs of their audience and are giving them what they crave.

Hell Yeah! :woot: Bring on the Ultimate Cut! :drool: :cool: :notworthy:

Thanks @Apollon :thumbs:

Reactions: ash333 and IRON MAN
Via TheRealStanLee

View attachment 236912

The 3 hours cut will answer a LOT of fans questions about how messy the editing of this movie was... I'm sure of it!