Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

I am not sure what the enormous criticism is about, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. There were some small issues I personally had but I loved it. I find it funny when such an epic film gets slaughtered by the critics. I do wonder, are they so jealous of its potential success they slate it in a bid to stop people from going to see the film. I am happy that by the looks of it people are not so easily swayed and are going to see the film and loving it. The characters huge fan base I think is gladly strong enough to defy the critics.

The film took me on a small ride of self-discovery, who was my hero, Batman or Superman? I have always been a huge fan of both characters but if I had been asked to choose Batman had always been my guy. However Affleck’s portrayal of Batman did make me question that. I am a fan of Affleck as an actor but I wondered if Batman was too big a role for him to take on. There have of course been many actors who have portrayed Batman over the years but having particularly been a fan of Christian Bale as Batman to then have yet another different actor I was not so sure. I don’t think there is enough of an introduction to another actor playing Batman at the beginning of the film. It’s hard to warm to this Batman at first as he seems to be pretty mean. I oddly found myself falling a bit out of love with Batman as the film played. He was too different, too angry and I questioned should I have picked Superman all along? My mind wandered back and forth between the two, why had I picked Batman when Superman was the epitome of a hero? I really like Henry’s portrayal of Superman but as the film progressed I warmed to Ben’s Batman and fell in love with Batman in preference all over again. I accepted this was a very different take on Batman and I loved the different costumes he had, the trench coat and goggles in his dream and the armoured Batman suit was incredible.

I sadly like many others didn’t realise that Jessie was not supposed to be Lex Sr and I hated him throughout the film, then later realising he was supposed to be his son only mildly reduced my dislike for his performance it was all a bit over the top, a tad unnecessary and frankly annoying. Again I am not sure there was enough emphasis on his introduction to tell you he was not in fact Lex himself. I don’t know perhaps my Batman or Superman dilemma was too in my head to hear the bit about he’s not Lex. His portrayal was the biggest issue I had with the film.

Wonder Woman on the other hand was amazing, the wee girl inside me cheered when she appeared in full gear, it was done so beautifully in a serious tone which I think is great. I noticed Chris Pine in the old photograph of her and knew this was no small chance appearance. I later found out he is to play Steve Trevor. Trevor was the main love interest of Wonder Woman in the comics and Pine will feature as Steve in the upcoming Wonder Woman film which sounds awesome.

There was very little that I didn’t like about the film. I think it has a great story/script and good acting (excluding Jessie) great fights, not too over the top CGI for me. I loved Jeremey Iron as Alfred and the film for me had real passion and ethos, I loved seeing the three of them (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) standing together to fight.

The only small things I was disappointed about were, firstly Aquaman’s extremely limited role in the film. He seemed to have literally a two second part which was a shame. I just personally expected a bit more considering the promo, the Aquaman merchandise, figures and huge hype surrounding the character. I guess we shall have to wait for his own film to see more of him. I am also a bit sad that Grant Gustin’s portrayal of the Flash is not being used when it is already incredibly successful and all set up. However instead someone who is described on his Wikipedia page as an actor/musician/model well I have personally never heard of him although I know he has done some stuff. I give everyone a shot and if he is good in it then fine but if I was to choose I would have kept Grant. The suit, the graphics are excellent and the fan base already exists. Zac can say what he wants about the tone but it seems pointless when everything is already set up instead of having to embrace yet another person but we shall see.

I think anyone still on the fence but truly loves these characters should go and see the film. It is a very dark take and yes there is little comedy but I think the tone was good and am slightly concerned about these reshoots on Suicide Squad supposedly to make it funnier as Batman vs Superman has been criticised for its lack of humour. I hope they don’t get the tone of that wrong, they are villains, setting it just like this would be perfect for me.

P.S. I did almost cry when Superman died :arghh:

I actually liked Lex, or Lex Jr should I say. I also thought that Affleck's Batman is arguably the best I have seen on film. Imo of course.

I actually think people can't wait to hate movies these days, the big movies. I mean, there was Internet uproar about Ben Affleck been Batman before he'd even put on the Bat cowl.

I find the petitions all a bit silly. If you don't like the movie don't watch it again. There are far more worthy subjects to start a petition over.

I did not meant to be rude. truly not. but IMO thinking there is somekind of critics conspirasy against BvS is ridiculous. I mean, most of the critics here in Finland has bashed this movie, did they contact their collagues around the world to set this up. really, you think so ? really ?

Yes I do sometimes think they want to hate big films and give unnecessary criticism. There is very little wrong with this film and the ridiculous amount of abuse it's got from the critics is nonsense.

I actually liked Lex, or Lex Jr should I say. I also thought that Affleck's Batman is arguably the best I have seen on film. Imo of course.

I actually think people can't wait to hate movies these days, the big movies. I mean, there was Internet uproar about Ben Affleck been Batman before he'd even put on the Bat cowl.

I find the petitions all a bit silly. If you don't like the movie don't watch it again. There are far more worthy subjects to start a petition over.

I agree totally.

...and once more. if you love/like this film - it's truly ok for me. for me the best movie ever is apocalypse.now [redux]. and there are people who cannot watch it. and that is ok. but coming up with conspiracy theories is ... well ...you know ...

Yes I do sometimes think they want to hate big films and give unnecessary criticism. There is very little wrong with this film and the ridiculous amount of abuse it's got from the critics is nonsense.

"There is very little wrong with this film" that is your opinion.
"ridiculous amount of abuse it's got from the critics" those are critics opinions.

both are entitled to theirs. yours.

why do you think critics opinions are nonsense ? because they do not agree with you ?

"There is very little wrong with this film" that is your opinion.
"ridiculous amount of abuse it's got from the critics" those are critics opinions.

both are entitled to theirs. yours.

why do you think critics opinions are nonsense ? because they do not agree with you ?

I SAID it was my opinion, I'm not getting into an argument with you mate.

In MY opinion I think the film is really good so FOR ME I can't understand the criticism I am not going to repeat myself it's my opinion, read my earlier longer post for why I feel the criticism was excessive when I PERSONALLY loved it.

Last edited:
I SAID it was my opinion, I'm not getting into an argument with you mate.

In MY opinion I think the film is really good so FOR ME I can't understand the criticism I am not going to going to repeat myself it's my opinion.

ok. I'll stop here.

...and btw I have understood that you are a female, and I do really like that this forum has female users too. you are too rare items here. gems. so I really do not have anything personal against you !

smileys-cheers-222480.gif

@Scary Hair too !

From some of the critics comments I have seen, they seem to criticise it because it is different from Marvel films. Of course it's different, it's darker for one. Why should it be like Marvel films? Are all super hero movies supposed to follow the same template?

From some of the critics comments I have seen, they seem to criticise it because it is different from Marvel films. Of course it's different, it's darker for one. Why should it be like Marvel films? Are all super hero movies supposed to follow the same template?

Well said :thumbs:

@Flash I got so into reading your review that I opened the spoiler without paying attention to what I was doing lol. :facepalm:

I did kind of expect it though, so nothing spoiled for me really. Can't wait to check it out for myself! :)

@Flash @nefilim

Had a quick read through of what you both think and thats good oposit opinions .

See it's lost on me because I dont never have done Superman . He's a wuss . I won't go because he is in it . I find him too whiter than white all American fly the flag way to go YUCH . Same as Spiderman rearly .

Now Batman I LOVE . The death toll in The Dark Night Rises for me was so it was the fact like a video game no real sence of indevidual loss .

I Like Ben Afleck to always have done . Not enough to put my bum on a seat to watch this .

Zack Snynder has always turned out a good movie however with the 12A rateing I get it could have been handcuffed by the BBFC to get that rateing .

The pair of you I LOVE to peices .

Flash Nef's first language is not English honey so sometimes his posts read a little harder than he means to be .

Nef Flash is passionate about stuff to the point of coming across slightly sharp . Far from it she is by far like you one of the most kind hearted generous people on here .

Pair of you now group hug and play nice

Aww *hug* but did you like the review?

Thanks @Scary Hair
I did! I completely agree with what you said about the critics, and I also have a feeling that I'll mostly agree with what you said about the movie too. Eisenberg is my only concern at the moment, but I'll obviously give him a chance and judge his performance once I've actually seen it. :)

Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
Well, I was a little bit disappointed. The whole pros and cons Superman topic was dragged on in my opinion. I would prefer the short variation or more extra Superman and Batman solo action scenes during the first half to lighten the mood. There were also few scenes which didnt fit and I didnt like. The ending was also so pointless:
first the short fight against Doomsday and then the "death" of Superman. During the last casket scene you saw that the dirt/dust levitated, so why the pointless "death" scene? Come on - everyone knows that he is still alive!

Question
How does Superman know that Bruce Wayne is Batman? Because he heard the communication between both?

It was a very good movie, but not as epic as I thought it would be. Not the story direction I wanted to see.

Maybe I'll like the movie more when I'll watch the Blu-ray.

Reactions: Flloydo
I want to go see the film again just to try and take it all in as a lot does happen.

In a way I understand some of the plot holes and issues with story telling that people have but I think most of the issues people have are because they had to make big decisions with the film and had to kick off the DCMU as fast as possible to try and catch up with Marvel. I don't see the point in that and believe they should have taken their time instead of risking it all just to get the ball rolling asap. At the end of the day WB and DC are really wanting that superhero money!! They are businesses so I understand why they took the risk.

Regardless of money and risk taking I still think Zach Snyder done fairly well to tell several stories, introduce new characters and actors, build upon a fresh universe and propel it towards several stand alone films and team up films. In the business eyes he done a great job and has secured the companies billions in future profits!

It's ashame that businesses only have money in their eyes and not the hearts of the fans. But people like Zach Snyder are trying their best to please both of these parts of society which must be a very hard thing to do. And we should be greatful to him and his colleagues for trying their best and working really hard countless hours a day for several years to bring us a vision whereby they try and do countless things and make as many people happy as possible.

Wow so many spoiler boxes I want to open but haven't seen the film yet so I can't and I want to read @Flash comments but can't.
@Noodles I've nearly done that so many times mate especially in here lol

Do love that this film has devided so many people.

Getting a bit bored of reading about critics comparing it to the marvel universe though.

We all know that films like this are going to extremely p*ss people and mega fans off if not done right. (again not saying this isn't done right because I still haven't seen it yet but high hopes come with these kinds of films nowadays) Jeez imagine if the force awakens was garbage! That would of been a geek tragedy

Petitions are not a new thing. Heath ledger had a huge one for the joker and my understanding is that most actors and actresses get told this in pre production and when cast. They are told to ignore Internet and petitions and all get warned about it.
I think I've even seen affleck (and other actors) mention this in a interview for daredevil.
Although some casting goes down a treat for fans. Just a guess but i can imagine Robert downing Jr. And hemsworth didn't get much heat for their casting as iron man and Thor but I'm not sure.

There are petitions for a lot of things for instance beiber not to enter to the UK aswel as that tit Donald trump. Pretty sure Kanye has had a few against him too lol

I think the affleck thing was mainly because of daredevil plus he was always looked at as a bit of a joke and then he became a director and wowed people with gone baby gone and then stared in his next two self directed films and was great in them and then earning an Oscar for the last so although the petition did get a lot of signatures I still think in a whole more people were happy about the casting due to his last 3 films (obviously wasn't in gone baby gone but for me it's his best directed film)
But again I bet most that signed were psycho fan boys that take all this a little too serious.

Wow so many spoiler boxes I want to open but haven't seen the film yet so I can't and I want to read @Flash comments but can't.
@Noodles I've nearly done that so many times mate especially in here lol
I actually decided to avoid this thread just a day or two ago for that exact reason, but nipped in here earlier due to a certain post being reported and needing a mod's attention. Flash's post stood out to me though and I got carried away reading it, then without even thinking about it I clicked the spoiler box and instantly realised what I'd done, but by then it was too late... just those few words that I saw pretty much revealed the outcome of the film. As I said before though... I expected it anyway, so I'm not too bummed about my mistake lol. But, yeah... be careful mate!

Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
I actually decided to avoid this thread just a day or two ago for that exact reason, but nipped in here earlier due to a certain post being reported and needing a mod's attention. Flash's post stood out to me though and I got carried away reading it, then without even thinking about it I clicked the spoiler box and instantly realised what I'd done, but by then it was too late... just those few words that I saw pretty much revealed the outcome of the film. As I said before though... I expected it anyway, so I'm not too bummed about my mistake lol. But, yeah... be careful mate!

Ive tried to avoid the thread too mate until i see the film and my last couple of posts were ignored by most lol and thought I was going to get a lot of back lash (another reason I was avoiding it but it was ok in the end - just hope people see What I was trying to say and not take it to heart). I'm sure I've offended someone here when I wasn't trying to direct certain things at people except one quote i quoted but again that was to prove a point, not to directly pick on that person.
When I do finally see it I'll have to come back here and read through them and I'll probably have a lot to say too. hah
I'll see what you meant then too

Reactions: Flash

Aww @Noodles
hugging.gif
I feel bad you clicked the spoiler.

I started to write a quick review and it then somehow took on a mind of its own and become some kind of epic essay lol

I hope you can still enjoy the film and I'll be interested to hear your views and also @Flloydo's take on the film when you've both seen it :)

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo