Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

:OMG:

Say what? I was not aware of that!

He briefly mentions it in the film (his own name with jnr in it and something about how his dad would feel about the company)

Alot of people hate him in the movie because they get it mixed up thinking he is Lex Luthor, he is a luthor but he isnt THE luthor we all know and love from the comics, cartoons etc.

I think it gives them abit of freedom with him being as he isnt the luthor everyone thinks he is.

Reactions: Flloydo
He briefly mentions it in the film (his own name with jnr in it and something about how his dad would feel about the company)

Alot of people hate him in the movie because they get it mixed up thinking he is Lex Luthor, he is a luthor but he isnt THE luthor we all know and love from the comics, cartoons etc.

I think it gives them abit of freedom with him being as he isnt the luthor everyone thinks he is.
The fact that I thought he was THE Lex Luthor is pretty much the only reason I wasn't sure about Eisenberg playing the role (I was still excited to see how he did though), so this revelation changes everything! I'm surprised I didn't come across the news much sooner to be honest... although, I have been avoiding trailers/articles on the movie for a while now to be fair.

Reactions: Flloydo
The fact that I thought he was THE Lex Luthor is pretty much the only reason I wasn't sure about Eisenberg playing the role (I was still excited to see how he did though), so this revelation changes everything! I'm surprised I didn't come across the news much sooner to be honest... although, I have been avoiding trailers/articles on the movie for a while now to be fair.

I didn't get why everyone was hateing on him as lex's son at first but i figured out after seeing the movie that people didnt realise its his son because they don't give you a proper indication that he is lex's son and not lex himself in the movie other than his name and not everyone follows the marketing campaign stuff.

There is a interesting Marketing fake article here on it: http://fortune.com/contentfrom/2015/10/5/lex-luthor-jr/ntv_a/3dsBA58oDAfxgFA/

Last edited:
Yeah that son of Lex Luthor confused a lot of people including some hardcore comic book fans. But it is clear in many trailers when he is shown meeting both Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent that he has a different relationship with Clark Kent than the Lex Luthor we know as Superman's archenemy.

Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut Release Date and Details! :thumbs:

Source: ComingSoon.net

According to Forbes, the Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut will get its Blu-ray and DVD release on July 16 (pre-order your copy!), only a few weeks before the next DC Extended Universe movie Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5.

Additionally, Snyder has spoken to Collider about what we can expect on that disc, and what the R rating implies in terms of the level of violence.
"We call it the Ultimate Cut because to me it’s a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version,” Snyder says. “I would say that we didn’t really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that’s kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that’s what you get. There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different. It was in there until very recently, so all of it’s finished. It was really just a function of time, to be honest. Because the movie’s long now, long-ish—I don’t think it’s long, but when you get over two and a half hours the studio starts getting nervous. I’m not James Cameron who’s like ‘No it’s three hours, suck it!’, which is cool by the way. I just wanted to try and get it to a length that is work-able.”

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I enjoyed the film, but it definitely comes with flaws (Eisenberg drove me insane as Lex, and not in a good way). That said, Affleck owned the role of Batman and Gadot was a perfect Wonder Woman... as expected (I was one of the few that was happy with those casting choices right from the start). However, I have to admit, I hate what Snyder is doing to the DC Universe due to the quotes below...

So basically, an amazing hero like Superman -- arguably the most recognizable hero of all time (I'd say more-so than Batman and Spider-Man) -- has been wiped out because it's just easier to make Justice League without him. Oh, and make Bruce Wayne the one who assembles the League... totally makes sense. Why have the Trinity get the League together when you could just have the almighty Batman do it? Ugh... I just despise the fact that by the looks of things, Batman is about to become DC's Wolverine/Iron Man, showing up in absolutely everything just so they can get a couple extra bucks at the box office. Meanwhile, Superman -- the superhero responsible for starting this entire DC Cinematic Universe -- will now become the Hulk, only showing up in team-based DC flicks... all because Snyder and the writers find it too hard to write him into stories properly.

It's such a cheap road to take and makes me truly frown upon Snyder as filmmaker. If he would've kept his mouth shut, I would've been okay with The Death of Superman story arc being in this film and with Bruce going off (with Wonder Woman, not solo) to put together the League. Now that I know it was only done to make the League look better and to give more credit to Batman, I'm truly annoyed.

Ah, the rant of an actual comic book fan. Always makes for good times. :p

Anyway, with all of my B.S. out of the way, be sure to check out this great review on the HDN homepage from the talented Jenny Davies!

BvS Review

I don't mind this though. For me it kind of makes sense and has always been the crux of my problem with Superman. He's too overpowered as a hero. He's as powerful as he needs to be in any situation and is virtually a God. Superman never needs to throw a punch as he's too fast and can just heat vision people from a distance.

Marvel did the God thing well by having Thor battle other Gods/Demi-gods and not any human adversaries. With Superman going up against Batman and Lex there's only ever one winner unless he's severely weakened. That is why Batman has always been my favourite as the stakes are always raised when he's up against it. Plus he really has to win people over with words rather than 'join me, I'm super powerful and will shield you from harm'. If the whole DCU starts following an Injustice story arc then it could be really compelling. That said, Snyder is not a very compelling storyteller.

Number 1 Movie!.jpg

After watching Man of Steel I can say that it sure is better movie than I remembered, I let the 3D leave a too bad aftertaste few years ago at the cinema... even though the end battle and all is still a bit too much. :D I'll go to see this again on Tuesday with my girlfriend since I've got some free tickets, maybe I'll like it even more.

When my heart gets fascinated by "nonsense" like this, nothing can stop it. Always liked silly emotional epic operas which genre I would put DoJ to, Man of Steel is subtle compared to it haha. Of course flaws exist, for example the whole universe building is somewhat awkward and glued in, Eisenberg's over-the-top Joker Luthor is super super annoying if you don't think that such a weird element out of completely different bad grade film (possibly a role played by my favourite Nicolas Cage heh) suits a 'dark' film like Dawn of Justice. Maybe I'm only out of my mind, who cares. I'm just going to enjoy the ride again, laugh at Eisenberg from the very beginning and have fun. :thumbs::D

Last edited: