Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

haters tea.jpg

I need to get one of those cups.....:thumbs:

We watched it the Odeon IMAX in Milton Keynes, and in the final fight scene the screen went a bit crazy for a few seconds at some crucial points so after the movie went out complained and got some passes to watch it again.
Love the part when this kicked in

Saw this at BFI IMAX last night. I'm a huge Batman and DCU fan from back in the day and was going into this with a lot of trepidation. I fully expected it to be pretty rubbish because I think they showed too much in the trailers and that's usually a sign of a poor film. I hoped it would be awesome though.

Gotta say I loved it. It's hugely enjoyable. The takes on the characters are good. The end fight was awesome and loved the subtle/not so subtle nods to other DCU characters and comic book covers. BatFleck was the best thing in it. Exactly like the hard bitten, beaten down Batman I wanted it to be. I even liked Eisenbergs take on Lex and I think they did Doomsday justice (no pun intended!).

I can see why people didn't like it, especially if they don't have anything emotionally invested in it like the fans. Is it a perfect film? No. Is the editing all over the place. Yes? Does it look like a lot was cut out? Yes. But ultimately, it's enjoyable and sets up the DCU going forward. I'm with you @DADDYCOOL187 when that music kicks in it was great!

Can't wait to watch it again on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Oh... for the fun of it, I've added a new Poll to the OP.
Once again, it's for FUN ;)

Also, I've kept the original poll (for archives mather), here's the results (you can even see my vote in bold).
It's funny the overal reaction when they announced that Affleck was cast as Batman how badly this was... and now... everyone is praising in take on the Batman... hehehe
View attachment 230057
Always the case with most fans... they overreact. Same happened with Heath Ledger as the Joker... they bitched and moaned when it was first announced, then once the film came out they were raving about him. :rolleyes:

I'm always willing to give any actor a chance, and will judge once I've properly seen them in the role. The only one I was unsure about with BvS was Jesse Eisenberg, but I hear he's actually great as Lex, so I'm looking forward to seeing his portrayal of the character more than anything.

As for Affleck... I knew he'd smash it! :)

@thewoe Beautifully said buddy! :notworthy:

@DADDYCOOL187 Alyssa and I went to the theater last night... we got there late (her fault, took to damn long getting ready)! :squint: So I was NOT happy with my seats and got a refund for my tickets. But we did watch it earlier today! :thumbs:

WOW! :OMG: Just WOW! BvS in one fu**ing awesome film! I absolutely loved it :drool:, had a blast with this from the second it started to the very end! :notworthy: Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman :naughty, AMAZING (can't wait for her solo)! And don't get me started with BATFLECK :woot:, he fu**ing owned it! :cool: I'm really looking forward to watching it again, especially the upcoming Rated-R version :hungry: (I'm gonna go crazy with this film :naughty:... :greedy: :ohno:)

Now Bring on Justice League!
popcorn2.gif
Glad you enjoyed it dude. If it has your approval, then I know I'll love it! :D

The movie isn't nearly as bad as critics are saying but its far from perfect also. It does have some pacing issues and narrative structure problems but its also a gorgeous and fun movie.
Hated the whole doomsday creation part (Lazy as F**k writing!), Lex Luther looking sorta demented and the superman motives for the fight against Batman. I mean, Superman could have easily be pissed at batman for going around killing criminals and that would have been a good enough motive for him to fight batman, instead he didn't really had any motives. That alone would have made the whole buildup a lot better and the whole fight a lot less silly. Batman on the other hand was a well developed character and Ben Affleck was great in the role. Favorite moment in the whole film was batman fighting all those guys that were holding Martha hostage. Also i would've remove the very last scene of the dust rising on top of Clark Kent coffin and maybe place it as a post-credit scene or something. Finally was it just me or was Gotham just across the river from Metropolis?? Now that was lame!
All in all i really enjoyed the movie despite its flaws, where it fails it fails big but where it gets it right it really gets it right... Its kind of a beautifull mess. I would rate at 3.5 out of 5

Last edited:
Batman v Superman box office surges to $424.1 million worldwide :D

While the domestic numbers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are impressive, the worldwide results for the first five days are even more so. Dominating the international market this weekend, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earned a spectacular $254 million over the weekend on an unprecedented 40,000+ screens in 66 markets. Combined with the $170.1 million from North American theaters, the worldwide total is now already up to $424.1 million!

Internationally, Batman v Superman marks the biggest superhero opening weekend of all time, the all-time biggest March opening, Warner Bros. Pictures‘ biggest opening of all-time in China, and Warner Bros.’ second-biggest international opening of all time (behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2).

In China alone, Batman v Superman grossed an estimated $57.3 million from approximately 16,000 screens. The film also opened big in the UK with an estimated $21.9 million from 1,701 screens, in Brazil with $12.2 million from 1,330 theaters, in Korea with $10.5 million from 1,696 screens, and in Australia with $10 million from 535 screens.

Source

Batman v Superman box office surges to $424.1 million worldwide :D

While the domestic numbers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are impressive, the worldwide results for the first five days are even more so. Dominating the international market this weekend, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice earned a spectacular $254 million over the weekend on an unprecedented 40,000+ screens in 66 markets. Combined with the $170.1 million from North American theaters, the worldwide total is now already up to $424.1 million!

Internationally, Batman v Superman marks the biggest superhero opening weekend of all time, the all-time biggest March opening, Warner Bros. Pictures‘ biggest opening of all-time in China, and Warner Bros.’ second-biggest international opening of all time (behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2).

In China alone, Batman v Superman grossed an estimated $57.3 million from approximately 16,000 screens. The film also opened big in the UK with an estimated $21.9 million from 1,701 screens, in Brazil with $12.2 million from 1,330 theaters, in Korea with $10.5 million from 1,696 screens, and in Australia with $10 million from 535 screens.

Source
AWESOME! :woot: Thanks @Noodles! :thumbs:

(I'm gonna use this again)
Batman-V-Superman-Box-Office.jpg

I'll be needing second viewing very soon so I can actually process everything happening in the movie, still insane about it :D

BTW no post-credit scene ! They actually made us enter when the end credit of the previous showing was rolling, I had a moment like "You better not have made me enter to witness the post-credit scene before I've watched that movie!!!???"
Fortunately there was no scene lol

So, after seeing ‪Batman v Superman‬ last night, Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman to date, Gal Gadot is wonderful as Wonder Woman, Henry Cavill’s great once again as Superman, and the movie is simply AMAZING! Well done Zack Snyder!

View attachment 230155 View attachment 230156
That's cool to have those Lifesize!!! It's funny as those 2 are gonna be in the Collector's Edition for the BD release :D

So, after seeing ‪Batman v Superman‬ last night, Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman to date, Gal Gadot is wonderful as Wonder Woman, Henry Cavill’s great once again as Superman, and the movie is simply AMAZING! Well done Zack Snyder!

View attachment 230155 View attachment 230156
F**K YEAH! :woot: Glad you enjoyed it mate! Thanks for sharing those kick ass pics! :photo: :thumbs:
That's cool to have those Lifesize!!! It's funny as those 2 are gonna be in the Collector's Edition for the BD release :D
I'll take those lifesize statues instead! :cool: :hungry: :notworthy:

I read the same via EW yesterday, I love what Zack's doing with this :)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/26/batman-v-superman-ending

I enjoyed the film, but it definitely comes with flaws (Eisenberg drove me insane as Lex, and not in a good way). That said, Affleck owned the role of Batman and Gadot was a perfect Wonder Woman... as expected (I was one of the few that was happy with those casting choices right from the start). However, I have to admit, I hate what Snyder is doing to the DC Universe due to the quotes below...

"I felt like we had to kill Superman in this movie in order for us to have been serious with the entire premise of the film,” Snyder told Entertainment Weekly. "And that’s not to say that he clearly is gone forever."

Another reason Snyder chose to kill off The Big Blue Boy Scout was to give The World's Greatest Detective (Ben Affleck) the sole responsibility of finding and assembling the Justice League. "I wanted Bruce Wayne to build the Justice League," he said. “I felt like with Superman around, it’s a different conversation when you create the Justice League, right? It’s like, ‘Me and Superman, we want to make a Justice League.’ [Other heroes would be] like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll join!’ I just feel like Bruce Wayne having to go out and find these seven samurai by himself, that’s a lot more interesting of a premise."

And not having Superman around will make the super-team appear not as invincible as they would have. "I also I felt like, without Superman, there is definitely a vulnerability to the team that they’re gonna need to figure something out, you know? Superman does represent the powerful. He’s the Michael Jordan of heroes, he’s gonna score."

“We had a version that we talked about where [Superman] just—this isn’t it, but where he got frozen and shot into space or something, so he’s kinda gone,” he explained. “ Because one of the big things I wanted to make sure of was that as we went into Justice League, Bruce Wayne was the one who was gathering the Justice League. I thought it was really important to have Bruce Wayne be the samurai who goes and finds the other samurai, that to me was important. And with Superman around it’s kinda hard, because Superman’s Superman so it’s kinda hard for Bruce to be like, ‘Yeah I wanna put a Justice League together’. It’s like, ‘Okay, but maybe Superman should be doing that. You’re just a guy. You’re a cool guy, don’t get me wrong, but you’re just a guy.’”

So basically, an amazing hero like Superman -- arguably the most recognizable hero of all time (I'd say more-so than Batman and Spider-Man) -- has been wiped out because it's just easier to make Justice League without him. Oh, and make Bruce Wayne the one who assembles the League... totally makes sense. Why have the Trinity get the League together when you could just have the almighty Batman do it? Ugh... I just despise the fact that by the looks of things, Batman is about to become DC's Wolverine/Iron Man, showing up in absolutely everything just so they can get a couple extra bucks at the box office. Meanwhile, Superman -- the superhero responsible for starting this entire DC Cinematic Universe -- will now become the Hulk, only showing up in team-based DC flicks... all because Snyder and the writers find it too hard to write him into stories properly.

It's such a cheap road to take and makes me truly frown upon Snyder as filmmaker. If he would've kept his mouth shut, I would've been okay with The Death of Superman story arc being in this film and with Bruce going off (with Wonder Woman, not solo) to put together the League. Now that I know it was only done to make the League look better and to give more credit to Batman, I'm truly annoyed.

Ah, the rant of an actual comic book fan. Always makes for good times. :p

Anyway, with all of my B.S. out of the way, be sure to check out this great review on the HDN homepage from the talented Jenny Davies!

BvS Review