Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

I've just finished watching the extended cut. I loved the film when it first came out but thought it was badly edited. The extended cut is MUCH better. The story overall makes a lot more sense.
Clark actually does some investigative journalism. You can see why people are actually afraid of the Bat-brand and Lex actually seems like a mastermind of a bad guy rather than some insane eccentric. Even the comparisons between the funerals add so much to the subtext of the story. Love the fact that Luthor is being moved to Arkham instead of staying in Metropolis

And that extended Warehouse scene! Amazing!

how the funerals add anything to anything is beyond me. as we all know superman is not dead. totally useless waste of screentime...and Lex coming out as a mastermind ? did not to me. everyscene he was in we're almost unwatchable to me.

I have to admit, the UC is much much much better like I thought it would

Takes away the poor editing and adds clarity on scenes that were making no sense.

Much preferred lex and superman in this version too.

I have no idea why they editied pritty much the whole lex making doomsday and gaining the knowledge and cutting his hand out of the theatrical cut

how the funerals add anything to anything is beyond me. as we all know superman is not dead. totally useless waste of screentime...and Lex coming out as a mastermind ? did not to me. everyscene he was in we're almost unwatchable to me.

I can see what you're saying, but this version ties Lex to everything that's going on, whilst the Theatrical version just makes it look like he's an incidental part of events rather than orchestrating it all.

What I meant about the Funeral scenes is that the UE makes it clearer that the Daily Planet are coming out for Clark Kent whilst the rest of Metropolis are honouring Superman. It's something I didn't find clear when I saw it in the cinema. Narratively speaking, the death is not a waste of time. It makes sense with regards to building the Justice League. Snyder has already said that he wanted it this way because if Superman asks you to join the JL, then it's easy to jump at the chance. whereas if It's Batman and Wonder Woman, it's a harder sell and gives you more storytelling avenues to explore.

Reactions: nefilim
I have to admit, the UC is much much much better like I thought it would

Takes away the poor editing and adds clarity on scenes that were making no sense.

Much preferred lex and superman in this version too.

I have no idea why they editied pritty much the whole lex making doomsday and gaining the knowledge and cutting his hand out of the theatrical cut

Damn... they cut that part?! No wonder people hated on the theatrical cut.

So I saw this opening night, I saw a few problems but still really enjoyed it...7/10

I thought I would wait until I got a 4K player to watch the ultimate cut, I got an Xbox one s Thursday and finally sat down and watched the ultimate cut earlier...god I loved it, my film of the year and easily an 8.5 maybe 9/10.

So I saw this opening night, I saw a few problems but still really enjoyed it...7/10

I thought I would wait until I got a 4K player to watch the ultimate cut, I got an Xbox one s Thursday and finally sat down and watched the ultimate cut earlier...god I loved it, my film of the year and easily an 8.5 maybe 9/10.

Congrats on the Xbox one S...also I love the Ultimate Edition of BvS:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lukesablade
SPOILER AHEAD:

What runined.for me was both Batman and Superman forming a tag team simply because both their mother's name was Martha. Felt very stupid and cringeworty.

Batman reaction is not because their mothers name is the same, but because he realized in that moment that Superman is just as human as he is, caring for his human mother when he is going to die. If you think that only the same name is what changes his mind, then you have missed half the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Batman reaction is not because their mothers name is the same, but because he realized in that moment that Superman is just as human as he is, caring for his human mother when he is going to die. If you think that only the same name is what changes his mind, then you have missed half the movie.

I didn't interpret that way but I admire ypur creative juices lol. To me it is sounded super silly. Also everything was rushed in.the end after nearly 2 hours of good build up.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I didn't interpret that way but I admire ypur creative juices lol. To me it is sounded super silly. Also everything was rushed in.the end after nearly 2 hours of good build up.

My biggest gripe is that the writers forced Superman to say "Save Martha" only because Batmans mom is Martha. Why didn't Superman say "Save my mom". It's not like Superman knew Batmans mom was also named Martha and would have some special effect on him by yelling out the name.

Reactions: K.i.T and lgans316