Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Zack Snyder[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Henry Cavill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Affleck[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gal Gadot[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse Eisenberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diane Lane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Irons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Holly Hunter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laurence Fishburne[/ACTOR],

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis' most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
220850-a1d70dedb1003d1760ca4726e3c8c356.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

OK you guys can keep smiling because WB has fast tracked the sequel for 2015 again helmed by Zack Snyder. Script is in the works now supposedly :)

WB Press Release:
On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”​

The question:
Luthor or Doomsday? :ohno:

Doomsday couldn't be the only villain - he's just a strong monster - he would be good as some other villain's "weapon." I wouldn't mind a sort-of "death of Superman" storyline movie if that means other Justice League characters show up in his temporary absence from the film. But that sounds more like a third Superman film which would lead into the Justice League movie.

I'm not a fan of kryptonite but I wouldn't mind seeing Lex Luthor appear in his Super Powers battle suit. I definitely wouldn't want to see Metallo. So overall, I would prefer a brand-new villain that's never been in a Superman film already - so I guess Brainiac.

My favorite Superman villain is Mr. Mxyzptlk but he'll never be put on screen.

Darkseid, Grannie Goodness would be awesome but they should be saved for the Justice League film.

I'm gonna say Luther.Kal destroyed so much of his property that it would be hard for Luther not to have noticed him.And from what Snyder has said this Luther is suppose to be a trillionare or something,with all most unlimited power.

Reactions: Hussun
im hoping for Lex luthor in the 2nd and if there is a 3rd then Doomsday. Doomsday would be like bane was in the last Batman and then doubt could be casted into whether there would be an eventually 4th film.

Although i wont mind both Lex & Doomsday in the 2nd

WTF...so wont we have Star Wars, Jurassic Park 4, Avengers 2, Man of Steel 2 all in 2015? I sense that year having the biggest box office takings ever.

The question:
Luthor or Doomsday? :ohno:

I'm guessing it's going to be Luthor but...

I'd like to see Doomsday saved for the inevitable third film, which I'd imagine could put Superman in a position to revisit his decision in killing Zod and basically destroying the entire city in the process.

Reactions: Hussun and Drum18
WTF...so wont we have Star Wars, Jurassic Park 4, Avengers 2, Man of Steel 2 all in 2015? I sense that year having the biggest box office takings ever.

Also Avatar 2, Mission Impossible 5, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Finding Dory, Kung Fu Panda 3, The Fantastic Four, Independence Day 2, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2. EEK! Yeah, 2015 is gonna be the biggest box office year of all time by a long way.

Also Avatar 2, Mission Impossible 5, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Finding Dory, Kung Fu Panda 3, The Fantastic Four, Independence Day 2, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2. EEK! Yeah, 2015 is gonna be the biggest box office year of all time by a long way.

And can you imagine the Steelbooks that will be released in that year as well? It will make 2013 look childish, by comparison.

My thoughts about who the impending villan(s) will be for Man of Steel 2:

It can be Luthor, and I think that he will be the primary villain for about 75% of the movie. Bearing in mind that there probably won't be a Justice League movie between now and the sequel, I think that Darkseid will make an appearance, thus setting up a possible Justice League movie. I hope that there will be a Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash movie before the inevitable Justice League movie.

OR, (and this is a big "or"), DC / Warner Bros. could elect to jump into a Justice League film immediately after Man of Steel 2 and then do movies of the other heroes, thus setting up Justice League 2. If Luthor is introduced at some point, you can bet that his Injustice Gang won't be far behind. Then Justice League 2 should adapt the "Rock of Ages" story from the comic books. :scat:EEK!

i think it will be luther in the sequel- as in man of steel there where little hints- like the luthercorp fuel truck towards end in the big battle -glad warner have fast tracked a sequel

I could swear they said Luther was not meant to be a big deal and simply was there to show the depth of the universe Supes was in. I would like it if they included him in the sequel but we will have to wait and see.

Batman in Man of Steel Sequel????

HELL YEAH!!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/batman-set-join-superman-man-steel-sequel-2015-180719840.html

Official press release - http://movies.yahoo.com/news/official-superman-sequel-feature-batman-203738998.html

They also used a quote from Frank Miller's groundbreaking graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" where Batman and Superman engage in a fight to the finish. Batman says, "I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Last edited:
Saw the news about Batman being in the Man of Steel sequel. Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand... it's super cool, right? Batman and Superman in the same movie! Yah! Awesome!

But on the other hand, it's kinda disappointing to hear that Batman and Superman might fight, and that Batman actually wanted to kill Superman. Don't know about you, but doesn't that seem pretty contradictory when compared to Nolan's Dark Knight? Batman didn't want to kill anyone. He wouldn't even kill the Joker. Why would he have beef with Superman? Also, how will it play out? Because uh... Batman is just a human man. Superman could quite obviously annihilate Batman with a flick of one finger. So I really don't see how it's cool.

Also, that Christian Bale will not be Batman is another disappointment.
I absolutely LOVED Man of Steel and The Dark Knight.

That's probably why I care. I guess we'll see how things go. :dunno:

Last edited:
Saw the news about Batman being in the Man of Steel sequel. Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand... it's super cool, right? Batman and Superman in the same movie! Yah! Awesome!

But on the other hand, it's kinda disappointing to hear that Batman and Superman might fight, and that Batman actually wanted to kill Superman. Don't know about you, but doesn't that seem pretty contradictory when compared to Nolan's Dark Knight? Batman didn't want to kill anyone. He wouldn't even kill the Joker. Why would he have beef with Superman? Also, how will it play out? Because uh... Batman is just a human man. Superman could quite obviously annihilate Batman with a flick of one finger. So I really don't see how it's cool.

Also, that Christian Bale will not be Batman is another disappointment.
I absolutely LOVED Man of Steel and The Dark Knight.

That's probably why I care. I guess we'll see how things go. :dunno:

I think they will be taking a lot of inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns seeing as they read out a quote from the series to the comic con crowd.

I hope they don't mess this one up!

Reactions: earthscope
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database