Battlefield 1943 - Release Date July 9th Confirmed!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
battlefield1943.com that video is INTENSE!

wonder when they speculate that to drop.

I was reading the piece of paper where the keys were on, it says that by playing BF:1943 you will receive 2 in game weapons for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

So when can the keys be used? Is it the same date as the release date. I'm a little unclear on the key. Is the key for the whole game or a beta release? I thought it was just the beta.

So when can the keys be used? Is it the same date as the release date. I'm a little unclear on the key. Is the key for the whole game or a beta release? I thought it was just the beta.

You will be able to use the key on release date (not sure when that is yet). The key is for the whole game not the beta.

Also, when players make the cumulative 43 millionth kill a 4th map will be available to play in. :scat:

Battlefield 1943 will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade and the PlayStation Network for download this summer and on PC later this fall. For only $14.99 or 1200 MS points you will be able to download the entire game. A really great deal especially if you are Battlefield fan!

There had been rumors circulating that the console release would be delayed till September. The Official Battlefield 1943 Twitter Page says otherwise:

"September Console delay is not true, Twitter and a Press Release will confirm this before anyone else. Hear it here first for the core fans!"

Initally three maps will be available to play after purchase: Iwo Jima, Wake Island and Guadalcanal. A fourth map will be unlocked at a later time. You can find out the details below in the official description and video.

"Here are the details for the battle plan: the goal to accumulate 43 million kills will begin for Battlefield 1943. The more time you spend putting lead in the bodies of your sworn enemies, the quicker everyone will be able to play Coral Sea. To keep track of the progress keep visiting the website to view the real time kill counter per platform of how you and your fellow soldiers are progressing towards the goal of 43 Million.

Coral Sea is the ultimate online multiplayer dog fighting map ever released! With two aircraft carriers supplying your team with all the F4U and Zero fighters you’ll need as your conquest to control the skies and make your place in history as an Ace Pilot of Battlefield 1943. Use the volcanic island terrain to your advantage and flank your enemies or weave in and out of the low arches to avoid enemy fire. Stay with your wingman, practice the Thach Weave, and soon you’ll dominate the skies of the Pacific! The choice is yours once you’ve helped achieve the 43,000,000 kills."

battlefield.png

Official Release Date via EA email.

Last edited:
Rumors from EA forums are saying EA messed up the newsletter, but the Forum leader says it points to Coral Sea starting that day, except July 9th is a Thursday, so that can't be true..

There is no way EA messes up this bad... I'm still going with its official and that this forum/game developer is just lost, since it was already released to Sony/Microsoft for certification...

Rumors from EA forums are saying EA messed up the newsletter, but the Forum leader says it points to Coral Sea starting that day, except July 9th is a Thursday, so that can't be true..

There is no way EA messes up this bad... I'm still going with its official and that this forum/game developer is just lost, since it was already released to Sony/Microsoft for certification...

Why not? PSN gets updated and they release software on Thursdays.

I loved Bad Company, and 15 for a 3 level game with tons of replay, can't complain can I?

I think i need to REbuy BC for ps3...its like 20 bucks right?

I loved Bad Company, and 15 for a 3 level game with tons of replay, can't complain can I?

I think i need to REbuy BC for ps3...its like 20 bucks right?

yah, you can find battlefield: bad company for $20 or less. but this is the thread for battlefield 1943. different game ;)

yah, you can find battlefield: bad company for $20 or less. but this is the thread for battlefield 1943. different game ;)

OMG BFF IDK BTW FTW BATMAN!
yea I knew it was just for 1943, but I thought I'd stay off topic and say something about their "other" game....it was a good try I guess haha

It would probably make it UberThread if we just talked about BC, 1943, AND BC2!!!! Uber meaning it be like trying to have a converstation at a dinner table with 5 pre-teen girls talking about Twilight with Darth.....

either way, looks awesome....