Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Megathread

splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
Yeah you read that right. All you BF:BC fanatics get ready.:) According to IGN.com it will be release sometime in the 2010 calender year. Now all you have to do is wait.

custom_1233846471352_bad2.JPG

Electronic Arts, while on its Q3 2009 financial earnings conference call, today announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will release sometime in the 2010 calendar year.

The original Battlefield: Bad Company released in mid-2008 to solid reviews and was the first game to use DICE's Frostbite engine.

New Rush Mode Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugLHkcE2NE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugLHkcE2NE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Attachments

• 111111111111bf.jpg
    111111111111bf.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 3,148
Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 dated for US, Europe

Electronic Arts has revealed that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be released in North America on March 2, 2010. A European release will follow a couple of days later on March 5.

News comes following the publishing giant’s press conference at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. Sony’s is scheduled to begin in just over an hour, so stay tuned for more coverage from the event.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 utilizes much of the same fundamental gameplay mechanics as its predecessor, and sets the action throughout multiple environments, including sweltering deserts, dense jungles and snowy mountainous regions. We’ll have more on the game in the coming months.

Last edited:
EA's press release notes that the game will include 15 vehicles in its single-player campaign and online modes, along with 46 customizable weapons and an enhanced environmental destruction system

DICE have today announced a Limited Edition release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.

The Limited Edition game features six special gameplay unlocks that’ll “give players a tactical advantage on the battlefield.” The Limited Edition version of the game will be sold at the same price as the standard version of the game with participating retailers in North America on March 2nd 2010 and in Europe on March 5th 2010.

Four vehicle warfare unlocks will enhance the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 vehicle warfare experience, delivering extra firepower, radar, and armor for the vehicles. Additionally, the tracer dart attaches to any enemy vehicle and allows RPG-toting teammates to track, lock on, and destroy their adversary. Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943 will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

The full list of six unlocks are as follow after the jump.

Four vehicle warfare unlocks
• Improved Vehicle Armor – An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
• Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
• Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
• Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons
• M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
• M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta coming soon exclusively to PS3

PlayStation 3 owners will soon get a chance to beta test multiplayer for the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Dice officially announced today. The beta will launch on November 19 for the PS3, and will feature the Arica Harbor map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game’s four intense multiplayer modes called Rush.

You’ll get a full load of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base in an attempt to overtake the Arica Harbor. The beta test will feature heavy vehicle warfare, which grows to intense infantry fights.

“This is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation gamers to get early access to one of the most action-packed and polished shooters in the marketplace with Battlefield: Bad Company 2,” says Rob Dyer, SVP, Publisher Relations, SCEA. “We’re happy to help DICE achieve their superior level of multiplayer excellence in the game.”

PS3 owners get the first run at beta, followed by PC open beta starting in December. Early next year, a demo will be available on PS3, PC, and the Xbox 360. The game is scheduled for release on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe.

For beta key distribution details go to www.battlefield.com

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 beta coming soon exclusively to PS3

PlayStation 3 owners will soon get a chance to beta test multiplayer for the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Dice officially announced today. The beta will launch on November 19 for the PS3, and will feature the Arica Harbor map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game’s four intense multiplayer modes called Rush.

You’ll get a full load of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base in an attempt to overtake the Arica Harbor. The beta test will feature heavy vehicle warfare, which grows to intense infantry fights.

“This is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation gamers to get early access to one of the most action-packed and polished shooters in the marketplace with Battlefield: Bad Company 2,” says Rob Dyer, SVP, Publisher Relations, SCEA. “We’re happy to help DICE achieve their superior level of multiplayer excellence in the game.”

PS3 owners get the first run at beta, followed by PC open beta starting in December. Early next year, a demo will be available on PS3, PC, and the Xbox 360. The game is scheduled for release on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe.

For beta key distribution details go to www.battlefield.com
Well if anyone has a spare beta key lying around, can you help a little guy out. C'mon, after all the work I've done for you lot.

With the subtlety of a tank, EA is making it clear: Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the company's contender to Call of Duty's throne.

A few weeks ago in New York I had the opportunity to try a map of Bad Company 2, the PC and console military first-person shooter from EA's DICE studio. The sandy Chilean map, called Arica Harbour, is the one that will be available in the game's PlayStation 3-exclusive multiplayer beta later this month.

A preview event gives a casual first-person shooter player like myself little opportunity to assess the quality of the map. I fought in the almost desert-like environment in buildings, on a bridge, all under a seemingly hot sun. I drove tanks, stormed across the bridge and knocked down walls. But I can't say whether it's balanced or whether it will prove as addictive to play as the best arenas in the genre.

I can say, however, that the feature list for this game and the sensory impression it leaves make clear what this game's potential is. EA's Medal of Honor series might be missing in action, but with Bad Company they've got a game that can gun for Activision's Call of Duty.

Screenshots and even the animated stills from yesterday's beta announcement already show how good the game looks. Bad Company 2's engine, an enhanced version of its predecessort's, supports the chipping and collapsing destructibility of any building in the game. Rockets punch through walls, as they did in the first Bad Company. But now tanks can crumple support beams to level even the interior frame. And, more subtly, an engineer with a drill can poke a hole in a wall and then shoot through it.

Multiplayer combat in the game is class-based. Each class, be it soldier, medic, engineer or recon can be outfitted with several items and attributes. Before entering combat you might switch your soldier's rifle but also alter his radar to add motion detection. Perks are unlockable, secured as the player earns experience points in each battle and levels up. Upgrades are scheduled and unlocked per class. As we reported last month, the limited edition of the game will provide gamers with six upgrades, including some that enhance the arms and armor of vehicles, immediately.

Players can also earn pins during battle, which serve as more granular Achievements or Trophies, rewarding, say, good shotgun performance. You gain these for bragging rights.

The essence of Battlefield is the openness of its combat zone. Players can fight on foot, in helicopters or on tanks. They can command any vehicle or post in the battlefield, opening the scene to a variety of tactical encounters. The map I played was set for a Rush challenge, which involved one team trying to secure several locations by reaching them and holding off any attackers. I had my moments, gunning some of the rival team down on the sidelines. But I'm the kind of guy who rolls in on a tank and then gets blasted by the RPG trooper hiding around the corner who somehow knew I'd be there.

Bad Company's battlefield is an impressive site and one theoretically open to a wide variety of multiplayer strategy. The brand may not have the momentum of a Call of Duty yet, but the intent to compete is there. call of Duty is still the king. This one's the hungry hopeful.

got my Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta code emailed to me! Nov 19, someone is going to losing their dogtags! :scat: