Birds Of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 15, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: Exclusive Artwork to HMV Steelbook

FF9E6BEA-1AE5-46B2-AE8C-DBE3E836D8F1.jpeg

01-166620.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robles and Scraggy
There will be 2 steelbook releases in UK

A trade wide release available from Amazon UK/Zavvi/WB Shop

A exclusive release available from HMV

2 different artworks

Artwork on UK websites at the moment is just a placeholder
Actual artwork not known yet for both UK steelbook releases

One of the UK releases is likely be same artwork as USA Best Buy release but that is still TBC

There will be 2 steelbook releases in UK

A trade wide release available from Amazon UK/Zavvi/WB Shop

A exclusive release available from HMV

2 different artworks

Artwork on UK websites at the moment is just a placeholder
Actual artwork not known yet for both UK steelbook releases

One of the UK releases is likely be same artwork as USA Best Buy release but that is still TBC

Thanks for the heads up. I'll decide once both sets of artwork are out.

Pre-ordered both for now. If it ends up being both this & the Best Buy art, I may have to get them both :hungry::drool:
Same. Kinda hoping one is at least not to my taste though, so I'm not tempted to double-dip as I was with Joker lol.

Saw this last night and although I like the Harley Quinn character I just found this film to be quite weak overall. The plot was too basic and a bit boring for my liking and the 'Birds of Prey' weren't badass enough. Huntress being the most polite badass ever (I don't read comics so maybe she is just like that). It also tried too hard to be funny when it really wasn't. Harley is great though. I feel a Harley story (which it kinda was) without the other Birds would have been better, they weakened her character imo.

It was just ok. Not "amazing" like I've seen some folk describe it. Just ok.

Amazing was Joker. Different mood, different approach.

It was just ok. Not "amazing" like I've seen some folk describe it. Just ok.

Amazing was Joker. Different mood, different approach.

Yes indeed Joker was amazing it’s success speaks for itself but different mood different approach for BoP that’s kinda the point the “DCEU” is director driven not producer driven like the MCU and Joker isn’t even part of the “DCEU” it’s part of the “DC Black Label”

Oh and Birds of Prey is :sing: Amazing :sing: so Amazing :whistle::naughty::LOL: I’m going to see it for the third time in the coming weeks :joy::drool:

I have a feeling the art will be one of the 3 images used in the joker steelbook. Maybe even the illustrated art

Yes indeed Joker was amazing it’s success speaks for itself but different mood different approach for BoP that’s kinda the point the “DCEU” is director driven not producer driven like the MCU and Joker isn’t even part of the “DCEU” it’s part of the “DC Black Label”

Oh and Birds of Prey is :sing: Amazing :sing: so Amazing :whistle::naughty::LOL: I’m going to see it for the third time in the coming weeks :joy::drool:
I think everybody knows Joker isn't 'DCEU' and thankfully so. Joker is in a different league as far as DC films go... regardless of the universe it does or does not exist in, standalone or otherwise.
I just felt BoP was a weak film with a weak storyline and a Harley Quinn story would have been much better without a 'team' or the Birds behind her. I don't care for any of the other characters and I feel they are easily forgetable. None of them shone for me like Harley did in Suicide Squad (however bad that film was to some).

It doesn't matter anyway, it's subjective.
I personally found the film just 'ok' and you found it to be 'amazing'.

Reactions: Felix_ro
I assume the home releases will now be titled Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey based on the news
USA only title change in Cinemas to Harley Quinn:Birds of Prey by Warner USA

UK/Ireland Cinemas title remains the same Birds of Prey unless Warner UK decide UK/Ireland gets a name change in the Cinemas