Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I ever add my two cents to these debates is because I find the elitist attitudes disgusting.
I don't even have any interest in owning any part of this release and never did.

Due to the attitudes of the elitists, and nothing to do with the people who run this site, this is no longer a community that I want to be a part of and I have completely lost interest in collecting steelbooks.

No offence mate, but if you have no interest in this release, and steelbook collecting:
- why are making making all this effort to read and follow the threads!?
- why you are you getting involved with debates with something you have lost interest in?
- if it was me I can find hundreds of other things to be doing than giving ‘2 cents’ because you find the ‘enlist attitudes disgusting’ :rofl:
- most people who have lost interest would had already left. Seems like you still enjoy to continue to lurk and give your ‘2 cents’?
- you remind me of @virkia who never buys premium editions and likes to get inolved regardless with all his GIFS images :p
- there are plenty of other things to enjoy in life where your contribution and focus can be exercised somewhere else which I am sure they be welcomed. Plenty of threads on HDN other than steelbooks to post your ‘2 cents’ and focus your efforts :happy:

Don’t take the message as a criticism, just ‘my 2 cents’ over your 2 cents :p

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
Obviously this kind of way-too-limited release brings out a lot of feelings in us as collectors. Everyone is entitled to an opinion of what should or should not be a requirement to purchase. It’s a delicate balance for the staff to figure out. I have no trouble seeing arguments of both sides as valid but there is no right or wrong personal opinion here, just different views/priorities.

I’ve joined HDN for the purpose of seeing shots of releases once members have got them. I also read their thoughts on whether or not the release is any decent. As a newbie I have no interest in GB’s. I like to make up my mind once the reviews and pics roll in (thank you @moon). If I have to pay a premium to secure a copy off a reseller then so be it. I’m a big boy, no one owes me anything. The collecting hobby can rope you in for life, or until it bores you. If you find yourself getting angry and pent up over commenting on an online forum, then a walk or a spliff is probably in order.

I’ve joined HDN for the purpose of seeing shots of releases once members have got them. I also read their thoughts on whether or not the release is any decent. As a newbie I have no interest in GB’s. I like to make up my mind once the reviews and pics roll in (thank you @moon). If I have to pay a premium to secure a copy off a reseller then so be it. I’m a big boy, no one owes me anything. The collecting hobby can rope you in for life, or until it bores you. If you find yourself getting angry and pent up over commenting on an online forum, then a walk or a spliff is probably in order.
I actually enjoy reading your posts a lot. Keep on truckin

I don't think there is a way that this group buy can be conducted "fairly" all round and all things equal there will be disappointment and anger from members who lose out. Unless HDN can get a large qty to fulfil every order which isn't going to happen then there will be alot of ninjas who miss out.

Its a shame the debate over how it should be handled causes so much friction between us all. There should be positivity and anticipation for the release but it's boiling over into arguments/heated debate and it's not good for anybody.

I don't personally see a way to please everyone here. I can see both sides, perhaps more dedicated members should take preference but on the other hand we were all new to the group buy game at some point and were offered equal opportunity to long standing members to get in on group buys

Perhaps HDN just doesn't hold group buys for titles that are so limited in qty here. The main place these blufans group buys take place is on the other site and they have the bigger quantities available. It would hopefully take the tension out of our threads and eliminate one option for "scalpers" to double dip here and there. I bet you'll see less of the new accounts that pop up days before the group buys on here too. Maybe HDN does still secure x amount of copies and give them away later on in Ninja week and some of the giveaways be limited to members with specific criteria ie post count or number of years active.

Just thinking out loud

Personally I'd only allow members to join GB's with a post count of 1000+ and be premium members, but that's only my personal opinion.

I understand why you think it is better but also remember that new members are very important to keep HDN going.

There are always people that leave collecting steelbooks after a while and the new collectors should take there place, otherwise the interest would disappear.

Setting a standard of 1000+ posts would be negative for people that have interest in starting a collection and also for me for example. I'm collecting steelbooks for 5+ years now but didn't enter this forum until recently, it would mean that I need to wait a long time until making a chance of participating in GB's. I need to post on non GB threads until I finally reacht the 1000 posts.

In my opinion it's just great that HDN also gives the opportunity to newer members of the forum of participating in GB's. Hopefully they will keep it that way. :happy:

Can we all get back to talking about the Steelbook and the beautiful release from Blufans instead of the boring, long dragging debate about new members etc. Keep clicking on the thread incase there is updates on beauty shots or release dates and come back to everyone arguing :yawn:.

I’ll start a funny conversation that we all like, @cooey any news on beauty shots or release dates yet ;):LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I’ll start a funny conversation that we all like, @cooey any news on beauty shots or release dates yet ;):LOL:

Nah, that gets boring too and is also not fun when you click on a notification and it's that.

Discuss the actual steelbook... design, lentis, package etc.

What we would we like to see in comparison to previous releases or something a bit more special?

I really like the boxes these editions come in now, makes the package such a neat little set. When Ragnarok arrives i'll compare it alongside the Strange and GOTG2 sets. I think there is some good continuity going on here but I wish there were more full slip editions coming out.

Keep clicking on the thread incase there is updates on beauty shots or release dates and come back to everyone arguing :yawn:.

Equally important as a forum for members to have the opportunity to discuss their concerns about releases as it is to see the prices, the pre-order/release dates and the mock-up / final images of the products.
Maybe you'd prefer 2 threads for each premium release?
One just for pics and updates ...
... with the other for discussion on the release - maybe like the "Price drop thread" where chatter is actively discouraged.

It’s not. I’d like this too....but this is Disney and China. Not going to happen (for now)
I was only having a laugh, I know it's not happening any time soon with Disney China, but there's really nothing more to say on the thread. Guys complaining left and right about one thing or the other, why can't everybody express their opinion on whatever (related to the release)? Why can it only be about the artwork? If it bothers some to be alerted about new posts, and they aren't worth the read, then unsubscribe from the thread.
Otherwise give me a list of what is acceptable and what isn't. It should be pretty short lol Something like:
- "Oh that's nice, I like the blue"
- "Too expensive for me, that's $1 over my budget"
- "I wish they'd use this art, not that one"
- "Beauty shots?"
- "What? No 1/4 slip!!!! I'm outraged"
- "Soon"
- "Received with a hole the size of my foot on the side of the box"

That's it, stray from that and we'll get someone complain.

Last edited:
Nah, that gets boring too and is also not fun when you click on a notification and it's that.

Discuss the actual steelbook... design, lentis, package etc.

What we would we like to see in comparison to previous releases or something a bit more special?

I really like the boxes these editions come in now, makes the package such a neat little set. When Ragnarok arrives i'll compare it alongside the Strange and GOTG2 sets. I think there is some good continuity going on here but I wish there were more full slip editions coming out.

Yes! My opinion: Fullslip > Lenties

Reactions: psychoscot
Give me a list of what is acceptable and what is it. It should be pretty short lol Something like:
- "Oh that's nice, I like the blue"
- "Too expensive for me, that's $1 over my budget"
- "I wish they'd use this art, not that one"
- "Beauty shots?"
- "What? No 1/4 slip!!!! I'm outraged"
- "Soon"
- "Received with a hole the size of my foot on the side of the box"

That's it, stray from that and we'll get someone complain.

Don't forget the ever present "In for a lenti!" and "shipped!" posts filling up pages upon pages. It's not a release unless people are loudly stating what they plan on buying (with no guarantee) to no one in particular :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Don't get me wrong though, I think those sort of messages are fine too, I'm guilty of posting things like that :LOL: As long as it's within the rules and mostly on topic, there's no harm in letting others type whatever they want.