Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll have to go for the OC. :/ If the quality of the lentis on the DL is great, that one could be a stunning release and I'd be sad to miss out. If the lentis aren't good I'll stick with the FS I think. I just hope the finish is good.

Why wouldn't it be? Are you not pleased with Blufans quality in general?
For the FS, sometimes the finish could be better. Sometimes they are rather bland tbh. And regarding the lentis, well, Blufans has some kick-ass lentis but also loads of bad ones that are awfully pixelated. :/ I was pretty disappointed by the Ragnarok SL for example so it's always a gamble for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
From the images the single lenti is my favourite I think, I really like the 'neat' and simplistic almost symmetrical style. A bit like Manta's JL full slip (obviously not symmetrical but that dark background with the heroes facing forward very serious looking) and I could see the same design being a great Full Slip too but they've gone with something different, which is great too. The fact that this time around we have a very welcome Full Slip addition is wonderful. I am being bogged down with lenti's lately and to have this is a breath of fresh air to a new release.

I've been eyeing up that box too (the OC box... not the shoe box) and my god does that look nice also. Cannot wait to line it up with the other releases. Its just a shame that Blufans haven't got full consistency yet with their OC releases. Sometimes a full slip, sometimes not, sometimes the shoe box, sometimes not.

The front of the double lenticular is based on one of the best posters for the film?

latest

Doesn't change that it's the exact same poses for every character other than T'Challa and Nakia. Just saying there are ways to do a huge cast show off without basically retooling your steelbook artwork. Ragnaroks DL was a prime example of that - they did ensemble art on both the front and the back, and each was different from the steelbook and each other.

I was all in for the DL from the get go but the similarities to the steel is stopping me from locking it in plus I can’t stop admiring the SL. Both lentis are on par with each other offering different qualities which I appreciate a lot but this is the first time I’ve been in two minds with a Premium release which one to go for. As good as the DL is I feel the SL is more of a polished release even if I miss out on the booklet. I can’t put my finger on it but the front artwork on the SL seems to complement the back artwork flawlessly and I really dig the mask lenti transition as it would be a first for my collection. I’m quite new to the game but I’m starting to truly understand the power of the Blufans releases as this will be only by 3rd GB for one of their releases + a few others I’ve acquired from the Bay. Every single time I purchase and unseal all that Blufans goodness the consistent quality they pump out is mesmerising and they are quickly turning into one of my fav release group. So yeah I think I’m going to go with the SL this round which I personally believe that it edges out the DL by a smidge. Top Marks Blufans Black Panther definitely has lived up to the hype that has been building up from the previous months :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and St4rlord
another awesome package by blufans. everything looks great.
a shame they didnt use the N’Jadaka / Erik „Killmonger“ Stevens artwork on the back on the single lenti ...but General Okoye is also fine.

The best part about the last couple marvel double lenticulars is how colourful they've been.
With lenticulars, the plastic already mutes the colours a little bit even without the poster being intrinsically desaturated such as the case with the posters they've chosen here.

In my opinion, these two posters on the right would've made for a better double lenticular
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: