Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a life or death situation but maybe Blufans should consider offering a small discount for one of their upcoming titles, whichever they think will be in least demand even.
At least one previous delay for this, artwork delay for SW:TLJ fullslip, artwork delay for Hulk, some of Coco's lentis, no 3D with Coco (not that I personally had a problem with it)... I'm going to assume a delay for IW is in the cards. A few too many problems as of late, and it would be a nice gesture to keep our interest and a way of saying sorry to their loyal clients. Or no discount but they should really do something to solve these delays, it's not good for their image.

It's not a life or death situation but maybe Blufans should consider offering a small discount for one of their upcoming titles, whichever they think will be in least demand even.
At least one previous delay for this, artwork delay for SW:TLJ fullslip, artwork delay for Hulk, some of Coco's lentis, no 3D with Coco (not that I personally had a problem with it)... I'm going to assume a delay for IW is in the cards. A few too many problems as of late, and it would be a nice gesture to keep our interest and a way of saying sorry to their loyal clients. Or no discount but they should really do something to solve these delays, it's not good for their image.

I have to agree, though as far as I know there’s no precedent for one of these boutique steelbook retailers offering compensation due to issues they’ve had; compensation is pretty unlikely

However, Blufans’ image has been damaged by all this in my opinion and I’m starting to reconsider any future purchases

Not trying to be dramatic but I know if Manta or Kimchi had all these issues some of us would be all over them for it

• Thanks
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
however, Blufans’ image has been damaged by all this in my opinion and I’m starting to reconsider any future purchases

Not trying to be dramatic but I know if Manta or Kimchi had all these issues some of us would be all over them for it

Yep... Everything Blu were torn a new ar$ehole by people on here but an established setup like Blufans are given a free pass? Nah. They need to up their game because this is very damaging for their reputation.

I have to agree, though as far as I know there’s no precedent for one of these boutique steelbook retailers offering compensation due to issues they’ve had; compensation is pretty unlikely

However, Blufans’ image has been damaged by all this in my opinion and I’m starting to reconsider any future purchases

I don’t think this is the problem with Blufans though. I think it is Disney holding them up. Just my opinion.

I don't mind the wait and don't require any discount (although would be a nice gesture) but let's be honest, if the license issue is real, then it is BF's fault to a great extent because they authorized preorders and received funds while the license was not in hand. That is just wrong! And us finding out about it this late?

Maybe they have established a level of trust with Disney and they worked based on that, but that is not a good excuse. This is all speculation though; I have no idea why the release is delayed. I'll just wait for my order.

I hope this delay pushes back Infinity War into October or after the 25th September (for Group buy purchasing) so that it keeps my spending down this month.

I don't mind the wait and don't require any discount (although would be a nice gesture) but let's be honest, if the license issue is real, then it is BF's fault to a great extent because they authorized preorders and received funds while the license was not in hand. That is just wrong! And us finding out about it this late?

Maybe they have established a level of trust with Disney and they worked based on that, but that is not a good excuse. This is all speculation though; I have no idea why the release is delayed. I'll just wait for my order.
I can’t see it being just that, because Disney have initially approved all the artwork and editions. They wouldn’t have done that if they hadn’t approved the release to begin with. This must be some kind of unforeseen issue, because otherwise I’m confident that sale wouldn’t have gone up for this in the first place.

Reactions: monanza and Actarus
Something doesn't add up :cautious:

Disney had to have approved everything (business as usual) for Blufans to go ahead and Present all the beautyshots and put the release up for pre-order.
If Disney would not have approved everything up to that point in time, Blufans would not have Presented the Beautyshots and gone ahead with the GBs.

Something must have happened after everything was done, that must have caught Blufans By Surprise.
Blufans would never have presented unapproved material.

Yeah I have heard rumblings of a slight delay with Last Jedi being released first then Black Panther afterwards.
could we perhaps get more solid information regarding expected shipping as if I recal correctly the last date was today for expected shipping....just that I need to rethink an early Oct birthday gift(they were getting the 1/4 slip and I the OC...will have to re-sell the 1/4 slip on if it doesnt arrive on time but more importantly I need to get another gift)
thanks in advance

Can't really tar blufans with the same brush as everythingblu. Everythingblu's issues happened on their first release so was a major balls up and left alot of people questioning their quality and quality of service to deliver the goods as promised. Blufans have a proven track record and these instances only happen here and there with them but ultimately you KNOW you're gonna get an amazing product in the end

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord and DMD4k

Actually, BF's image used to be all about delays! BF only got consistent in the last 3 or so years.
They used to have delays more often then not. These are the salad days of BF now! If you were collecting them 5 years ago you would have torn your hair out.

Reactions: Manpreet
Actually, BF's image used to be all about delays! BF only got consistent in the last 3 or so years.
They used to have delays more often then not. These are the salad days of BF now! If you were collecting them 5 years ago you would have torn your hair out.

Delays are another fact of life in steelbook collecting and I wouldn’t give them another thought especially considering Blufans’ record but combine that with the Coco fiasco (those lentis were SO. BAD!) and you got me starting to think I’d prefer shopping elsewhere

Almost every single release they’ve done this year has been delayed or messed up in one way or another, even Thor Ragnarok

All I’m saying is, I’m keeping track, Blufans. And I’m not liking the way things have been going lately

Delays are another fact of life in steelbook collecting and I wouldn’t give them another thought especially considering Blufans’ record but combine that with the Coco fiasco (those lentis were SO. BAD!) and you got me starting to think I’d prefer shopping elsewhere

Almost every single release they’ve done this year has been delayed or messed up in one way or another, even Thor Ragnarok

All I’m saying is, I’m keeping track, Blufans. And I’m not liking the way things have been going lately
Understood. I would also say, be sure to factor in the things that are out of their control - example: like when a studio rejects concepts and forces them back to drawing board multiple times. Delays don't really bother me - but bad product would - I didn't get COCO so I can't speak to that one.
But, every the best premium companies have some duds (i'm reminded of Plain Archive's spectacularly bad Terminator Genysis Fullslips:vomit:)- but I'm not particularly worried about that. There will be some subpar ones from time to time.