Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I think delays are annoying the fact that Blufans improves their releases almost every time is the paramount reason why I always get their editions. The marvel collection is absolutely fantastic and you can see their improvement clearly. So I'm more thankful for their willingness to get better than the inevitable delays ;)

Although I think delays are annoying the fact that Blufans improves their releases almost every time is the paramount reason why I always get their editions. The marvel collection is absolutely fantastic and you can see their improvement clearly. So I'm more thankful for their willingness to get better than the inevitable delays ;)
I agree. I would MUCH rather a supplier tells me they need to delay something to get it right - than a supplier who knows something is flawed and releases it anyway. (Thinking of the kimchi LIFE with the slipboxes that started peeling)

• Thanks
Reactions: JH2607 and ChrisIW
Has it actually been confirmed what part of the licensing that’s the problem? Could be the discs.

I don't really understand why people get so angry or annoyed when there is a steelbook release delay. You've waited months past the actual home video release date to own a premium edition so you've either decided in your head that you're happy to wait a few extra months before you can re watch that movie...that's assuming you haven't already purchased another edition in the mean time to view. If the former is true then what's an extra month? If the latter is true then all you're pining for is to hold this thing in your hands and look at it for a short while.. maybe snap some pics for Instagram(cause lord knows we cannot just buy something without showing a bunch of randoms on social media who more than likely if they're following you have purchased the exact same thing) but ultimately stick it in a cabinet or on a shelf on display. Half of us don't even remove the plastic for God's sake.

I don't really understand why people get so angry or annoyed when there is a steelbook release delay. You've waited months past the actual home video release date to own a premium edition so you've either decided in your head that you're happy to wait a few extra months before you can re watch that movie...that's assuming you haven't already purchased another edition in the mean time to view. If the former is true then what's an extra month? If the latter is true then all you're pining for is to hold this thing in your hands and look at it for a short while.. maybe snap some pics for Instagram(cause lord knows we cannot just buy something without showing a bunch of randoms on social media who more than likely if they're following you have purchased the exact same thing) but ultimately stick it in a cabinet or on a shelf on display. Half of us don't even remove the plastic for God's sake.
Some funny points right there, and I'm not going to disagree with you but let's consider that logic through the eyes of a car buyer:

We have budget car manufacturers, they get the job done with an average looking no frills package.
Next we have the premium manufacturers, these are clearly a step up, more bling, more cost.
And then we have the luxury manufacturers.

If I go to a dealer to pre-order a luxury car I receive a due date for when my car will be assembled, shipped to the dealer and ready to be picked up. On that date I go to the dealership to pick up my car but alas, it's not there, there were a couple of issues at the manufacturing plant and they're very sorry! Someone forgot to keep up stocks of the exotic leather to be used on the seats, some random operator scratched the rich mahogany on the centre console and the delivery of said materials was outsourced and they were late, so my car is going to take another couple of weeks to reach the dealer. Dammit. Oh well, things happen... but I sure as hell am not going to leave the dealer without some free floor mats and a free detail at the time of my choosing, at the very least! The salesman may point out it's a good thing I got to the dealership in an Alfa Romeo. And he doesn't know I also have a beat up Dacia at home as well. None of that matters though. I payed for a top of the line product and service and so far I'm receiving neither, so I'm entitled to complain about it and ask for compensation.
It also wouldn't be a good idea for the salesman to say, well at least you'll get a good product two weeks from now, we prefer to deliver a quality product than a scratched up one missing the upholstery... well WTF does that mean?!! Of course they prefer it. But steps should have been taken for that to happen before the due date so it could be delivered in a timely manner, not a couple of weeks after the fact.

Now I'll bring it back to steelbooks because I'm well aware these are not cars and they are not as useful in our daily lifes as cars either. Am I as patient as you or any other member here? Sure I am. I can wait all year long if needed, I'm not about to cancel anything... that's not the point. At least it wasn't my point. My point is delays aren't good for any business. IMO Blufans are no. 1 in their game and I like it that way, I want to see them remain no. 1 for a long time. In the short amount of time I've been collecting I'd consider myself to be a big Blufans fan but I'm not blind and they're having an out of character few releases lately. Will they pull through? I expect so, but we're doing them no favours if we just brush off every single hiccup they have and say it's no big deal. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it can't be good for business either.

Most of that goes for other premium manufacturers as well though, it's not just them. All these licensing delays, artwork delays, etc. that's just wrong that we see it as normal. It shouldn't be.

Just the .02 of a VERY patient premium steelbook collector.

I know we are all different and such but to me, release dates aren’t that important. Sure, it’s nice to know when I can get it and in some cases it’s a movie I haven’t seen and really look forward to seeing, but I’m not one to go from my senses when there’s a delay. I think that in premium collcting hobbies, you just have to make sure you are able to be patient sometimes because it’s inevitable. I have another collecting hobby, high-end statues/figures, where it’s not unsual for delays to be everything from 6 to 12 months, sometimes up to 2 years.it may suck sometimes but unless you want to quit the hobby, there’s really not much we can do about it, My opinion is that you just have to accept that these things happen from time to time in these hobbies, and I don’t think we are entitled to anything except having the option to cancel for a full refund just for delays.

Some funny points right there, and I'm not going to disagree with you but let's consider that logic through the eyes of a car buyer:

We have budget car manufacturers, they get the job done with an average looking no frills package.
Next we have the premium manufacturers, these are clearly a step up, more bling, more cost.
And then we have the luxury manufacturers.

If I go to a dealer to pre-order a luxury car I receive a due date for when my car will be assembled, shipped to the dealer and ready to be picked up. On that date I go to the dealership to pick up my car but alas, it's not there, there were a couple of issues at the manufacturing plant and they're very sorry! Someone forgot to keep up stocks of the exotic leather to be used on the seats, some random operator scratched the rich mahogany on the centre console and the delivery of said materials was outsourced and they were late, so my car is going to take another couple of weeks to reach the dealer. Dammit. Oh well, things happen... but I sure as hell am not going to leave the dealer without some free floor mats and a free detail at the time of my choosing, at the very least! The salesman may point out it's a good thing I got to the dealership in an Alfa Romeo. And he doesn't know I also have a beat up Dacia at home as well. None of that matters though. I payed for a top of the line product and service and so far I'm receiving neither, so I'm entitled to complain about it and ask for compensation.
It also wouldn't be a good idea for the salesman to say, well at least you'll get a good product two weeks from now, we prefer to deliver a quality product than a scratched up one missing the upholstery... well WTF does that mean?!! Of course they prefer it. But steps should have been taken for that to happen before the due date so it could be delivered in a timely manner, not a couple of weeks after the fact.

Now I'll bring it back to steelbooks because I'm well aware these are not cars and they are not as useful in our daily lifes as cars either. Am I as patient as you or any other member here? Sure I am. I can wait all year long if needed, I'm not about to cancel anything... that's not the point. At least it wasn't my point. My point is delays aren't good for any business. IMO Blufans are no. 1 in their game and I like it that way, I want to see them remain no. 1 for a long time. In the short amount of time I've been collecting I'd consider myself to be a big Blufans fan but I'm not blind and they're having an out of character few releases lately. Will they pull through? I expect so, but we're doing them no favours if we just brush off every single hiccup they have and say it's no big deal. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it can't be good for business either.

Most of that goes for other premium manufacturers as well though, it's not just them. All these licensing delays, artwork delays, etc. that's just wrong that we see it as normal. It shouldn't be.

Just the .02 of a VERY patient premium steelbook collector.
Kind of agree

Never really understood the acceptance of "" yeah I'm cool with a delay as long as it's to get a perfect product"
Of course you expect a perfect product. LOL.
A delay is a delay .
It's not more acceptable because it's a quality control issue or some other issue.
The money has been taken and there is longer to wait .
Am I going to cancel? Hell no.
Am I annoyed by having to wait longer? Hell yes.

So had confirmation from Blufans that this will be delayed until October due to licensing issues (but they didn't say exactly what).

The Last Jedi will ship first and then Black Panther will be afterwards

Thanks for the update cooey much appreciated, do we know when will TLJ ship?

Well I haven't seen the film at all yet.

I put my cinema money toward a premium edition (Blufans for my Marvels as they're the best) instead.

So yes, it's past release date, but I've still to see the film. The longer the delays, the longer I have to wait.......

Its not a biggie, but rather an annoyance.

DE7BEA87-1136-4B4E-8A60-34CCC9429390.gif

So had confirmation from Blufans that this will be delayed until October due to licensing issues (but they didn't say exactly what).

may be the best option is to send together them. so they could refund us one shipping paying which we paid before for each one :spoil:

Reactions: Hatori
Delays are another fact of life in steelbook collecting and I wouldn’t give them another thought especially considering Blufans’ record but combine that with the Coco fiasco (those lentis were SO. BAD!) and you got me starting to think I’d prefer shopping elsewhere

Almost every single release they’ve done this year has been delayed or messed up in one way or another, even Thor Ragnarok

All I’m saying is, I’m keeping track, Blufans. And I’m not liking the way things have been going lately
Understood. I would also say, be sure to factor in the things that are out of their control - example: like when a studio rejects concepts and forces them back to drawing board multiple times. Delays don't really bother me - but bad product would - I didn't get COCO so I can't speak to that one.
But, every the best premium companies have some duds (i'm reminded of Plain Archive's spectacularly bad Terminator Genysis Fullslips:vomit:)- but I'm not particularly worried about that. There will be some subpar ones from time to time.

After reading about all of the issues that seems to have affected many members with CoCo Double Lenti,
I Opened my Boxset expecting the worse.
Everything was mint, all the way up to the envelops which had no creases whatsoever.
Much care was taken in putting this Boxset Together.

So I pull out everything and went straight for the Double Lenti expecting the worse :facepalm: ...but WOW mine is Suuuuuuper Nice :OMG:
My Double Lenti(as well as my Single Lenti) has Great Depth, Clarity and Details ! Very few faint tiny scratches on the lenti here and there, but nothing really noticeable if you aren't OCD.
The Edition is one of Blufans Great. Mine Anyways.
I inspected everything in My Boxset and Everything is of Extremely High Quality/Mint.
This Boxset has now moved up with my favorites ones. A little Gem.

Only thing I can think of, is that maybe they must have been done in Batches as there must be some other nice ones out there since mine is.
I did read of other members stating that their Double Lenti were Great. So Great Lenti Editions of Coco do Exist !

No chance.
The deadline for payment of GB invoice on the other forum is not even until the end of September!!

And that means what exactly? Just because the invoice deadline for them is the end of September (!!) does not dictate when Blufans will be ready to ship out.

As per Blufans -

But only good news is for The Last Jedi, the singles editions will be ready to be shipped out at the end of next week.
and the 1 Click at the end of the month (possibly first week of October)

Last edited:

thanks for the (unfortunate) update sir

If anyone wishes to cancel there one click due to delays i be happy to purchase it off you on here but i cant see this happening lol. But worth a shot.

you are welcome to my 1/4 slip from the complete package version - due to the above I no longer need it.
I believe it comes with its own box as pictured in the OP.
either way, PM me if you're interested.