Black Panther (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #48) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: Late September 2018 (TBC)
Price: TBA
Note: The special empty box is available only when you buy Box set and 1/4 Slip together.
Group buy: One Click + 1/4 slip COMPLETE PACKAGE
ONE CLICK - DOUBLE LENTICULAR - SINGLE LENTICULAR - FULL SLIP - QUARTER SLIP (Storage box NOT included)

Important Group Buy update
Official update for all group buy participants -

The licensing agreement for Black Panther, for unknown reasons, still has not been resolved and because of this Infinity War will now be being released first (roughly early December time). The licensing agreement for Black Panther is looking to be completed around November time but because of the other releases (infinity War, Greatest Showman, Three Billboards), Black Panther will not ship until January 2019 at the earliest.

Infinity War will ship with the same editions (1/4 slip + Box, One Click, DL, SL and full slip)

Group Buy members, we have a couple of options for you -

1. Transfer
Your Black Panther request will automatically be transferred to the same edition to that of Avengers: Infinity War. You will then be guaranteed a spot for Black Panther, which will be charged for again later on in the year (or potentially January 2019)

2. Refund
You can cancel your Black Panther request and be refunded. Please note that should you change your mind afterwards we cannot allow you to repurchase Black Panther. At this time there will not be a further GB for it (however this may change although not guaranteed)

3. Wait it out
Wait for Black Panther to be released. If you decide to wait it out, as a thank you we will enter you into a HDN sponsored prize draw.

The official GB for Avengers: Infinity War won't be live until November.

I will be sending this as a PM to all participants tomorrow too with the relevant instructions.

Boxset.jpgDL.jpg9a438038gy1ftrqchvap5j21ex0tzqam.jpgFullslip.jpgquarterslip.jpg
3193CF1B-C049-4898-9585-F28D4AD15C96.jpeg
455A29EF-9F42-4F09-A2C4-877D0A5DB6D3.jpeg
SL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
I do not know the tracking number yet. you too?
No, I do not. I don't believe anyone does as it hasn't shipped yet but pm cooey and ask him, he will have first hand knowledge and his "soon" will be more official.

Received my SL yesterday, overall it’s a good edition with some positive and some negatives. First off the Transitional side of things is smooth as butter since there is 9 transition steps from Face to Mask. This has quite a good effect when tilted vertical then back down to flat only issue is if you reset the cycle by tilting to far T’Challa’s eyes shift dramatically an inch or so breaking the effect. This is because initially he is looking down without the mask and slowly as the mask forms his eyes slowly look up resulting in his eyes shifting up the Lenti with each transition step. While the effect is great it’s let down overall as there is Zero Depth and Zero Movement from side to side. Once unsealed you get to check out the rear artwork of Shuri unfortunately no treatment has been applied and is just regular card stock, lost potential here but as far as I’m aware this is pretty standard with Blufans SL’s?

Next up the Steel and what a fine thing this and is the biggest draw card to this Premium from Blufans. The “Titan” style title of Panther is very lux in Blue ‘n’ Embossed. The Metallic Sheen that shines through the gloss has a really nice effect bringing out the metal accents throughout the artwork. Would it have looked better in full gloss maybe so but the Metallic Sheen sets out what it was spose to do and gives the finish and artwork that lil bit of pop.

Had to contend with a few QC issues though as my copy when sealed had bowed in the middle due to being slightly oversized and the shrink wrap applied to tight. This did correct itself somewhat though once unsealed and the backing card placed into the slip, also a touch of flex outwards was required to get a straighter edge. Unfortunately though sliding the steelbook in and out of the Slip a few times, due to friction has created a few very very light surface horizontal scratches but thankfully these are only more resolved under artificial light. One last thing what I thought was quite odd and hadn’t come across before is, there was the smallest of what seemed like moisture trapped under the steelbook seal in different sections around the border of the steelbook. Once unsealed it was fine but under closer inspection the shrink wrap wrinkles have slightly embedded, mm’s in length into the gloss which makes me wonder if my copy was sealed before the gloss had fully dried? Under natural light this is much harder to distinguish though. Anywho I’m glad I got this edition even with its own lil quirks as maybe my expectations and anticipation was a bit higher for this one being Blufans, Black Panther and well overdue with all its set backs spanning many months.

Got my DL today. Steel is unbelieveable, like 10/10 good. I like the front lenti too but not sure what I think of the back lenti.

I half like it but something don’t sit right.

I’ll take some photos on sat aswel as Infiinity war

Been so busy last couple weeks I forgot all about this...complete sets should be shipping soon (hoping tracking will appear sometime next week when China gets back to normal after the holidays)