May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Black Widow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Cate Shortland

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz

Release: 2020-05-01

Plot: At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative.

Like I said bore off

Not sure how much a cinema ticket would be for you but over here it's £20 to buy the film on D+, which depending on which cinema you go to is only a few £'s more but with D+ you get to watch it as many times as you want. Had it been released on D+ today that's how I would have opted to see it as well but alas I didn't want to wait till Friday so went to the cinema :LOL::rofl:
In the states it releases in the theater and Disney+ on Friday so I opted for D+ so I could watch other films as well. I wish it released today on D+ because I really want to watch it. :)

Reactions: tommyh84
wait, 30 buck /year or /movie?
was joking about piracy. nobody does that, right?
I know you were j/j and actually I used to pirate the hell out of Netflix movies when they’d send them to your house through the mail but I stoped doing that many years ago and buy all my movies now. Even the pirated movies that you download suck because they have a bunch of other unneeded stuff that comes with it like subtitles in 14 different languages. I don’t need all that crap though.

wait, 30 buck /year or /movie?

Do I 'own' the movie if I pay the $30?​

Not really. Disney says you can continue to watch the Premier Access title for as long and as many times as you want once you've paid the Premier Access toll — "as long as you are an active Disney+ subscriber."

Note how that neatly covers content that lives on Premier Access as well as if it's released to the general population of Disney+ content.

But the short version is so long as you're paying for Disney+ and you've already paid the Premier Access fee for a given piece of content, you can watch it.
Disney+ Premier Access isn’t an add-on to your monthly or yearly subscription, however; instead, it’s a one-time $30 fee that gives you early access to new movie releases before they’re available to all subscribers.

Last edited:
Disney+ Premier Access isn’t an add-on to your monthly or yearly subscription, however; instead, it’s a one-time $30 fee that gives you early access to new movie releases before they’re available to all subscribers.
Yeah, but it's a one-time fee for each movie. So, if you paid the 30$ for Black Widow, you can't watch Cruella with it as well for example. Just fyi.

Like I said bore off
Like I said calm down

I would definitely wait until October, I myself would have seen it by then

ok guess that clears it up:

Disney needs money
You would think that Disney has enough, the franchises they now own plus their theme parks bring in alot of $$$ daily
Their revenue in 2020 was $65.39 billion :dizzy:

Just watched it. Thought it was great.
Scarlett is amazing as always and Florence Pugh was a delight too. Both work very well together.
Just nice to get a new marvel for over 2 years later from far from home!! Felt good

Really wasn’t expecting ray winstone tbh!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Scarlett is amazing as always and Florence Pugh was a delight too. Both work very well together.
Just nice to get a new marvel for over 2 years later from far from home!! Felt good

Pugh would make a fantastic Widow 2.0 if Scarlett isn't coming back.

It was actually really action packed. I thought it was going to be less action for some reason.

Pugh would make a fantastic Widow 2.0 if Scarlett isn't coming back.

I’d be happy with that. No ones beating Scarlett but I’d happily take Florence as another version. She’s a bit more like villanelle from killing eve which I also loved. The different style of black widow could work.
Same way I’d happily take sylvie going forward as another version of another certain character.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Watched it last night and I thought it was ok nothing special. Red Guardian was funny and Yelena was too. Thought Ray Winstone was terrible, his cockney Russian accent just didn’t work at all for me. Loved the end credit scene thought that is building something for the future.

I thought it was a fun escape for a couple hours. This was one of my most anticipated movies so I was a little disappointed because I wanted a great sendoff for the character but Florence Pugh really shined.

David Harbor, Weisz, and Pugh were great foils for Johansson. I loved the Bond touches but Ray Winstone was awful. He wasn't threatening at all and I thought he sounded so Cockney at the beginning of his scenes there was going to be an explanation why he was in charge of the Russian spy agency. Same for the fixer guy - no way was I convinced he was someone who deals in the black market and ventures into other dodgy sewers to obtain elicit or military equipment.

Didn't care much for the Taskmaster origin - it wasn't explained that well and was a bit of a waste of the actor playing Taskmaster.

Wasn't bad, certainly better than the disastrous WW84. I want more Red Guardian now!

Ray winstone is pretty much awful in anything he does. Only a few classic British gangster films he was ok in (love honour and obey, sexy beast etc) and his accents are always terrible - Indy 4, departed. I was actually quite surprised marvel went for him as the character

my point about not knowing he was in this was a more a shock because he was in no trailers and I never see his name pop up on castings. They kept him secret for some reason. He was the worst thing about this film. But other than that I enjoyed it. Glad she finally got her solo film even if the timings was bad. It should of come out before infinity war but it’s too late for that now and I’ll take what I can

Reactions: moonbucket