Blade (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 24, 2017 (First Batch) - April 30, 2018 (Second Batch) - March 4, 2019 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-orders for re-release go live January 19 around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11526666-103450654 (1).jpg

11526666-4494510727840.jpg11526666-1294510727970.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, don't think I was ever aware of that! Maybe the re-release will come with even more changes then, like full gloss so everyone re-buys it. :greedy:

now theres a thought deeper red like orginal and high gloss i wonder how many who bought before would be pissed would be a typical move when zavvi wants to extract the last of the cash from the cow :hilarious:

giphy-15.gif

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
now theres a thought deeper red like orginal and high gloss i wonder how many who bought before would be pissed would be a typical move when zavvi wants to extract the last of the cash from the cow :hilarious:

giphy-15.gif

basil :thumbs:
:LOL:
Can we now expect to see ebay listings that read:
"BLADE steelbook: DEEP RED EDITION"?!! :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
What a joke, same as mad max chrome edition...re released to death, tactics like these just take the joy off nabbing a limited release!

What's wrong with sharing the love? I think it's a good opportunity for people who missed out on this sought after edition to have another chance at retail price and not pay whatever the price is on the after market.

I've only ever really went for steels that I either liked or steels of movies I liked, I don't see the point in just getting something just because it's limited

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
What's wrong with sharing the love? I think it's a good opportunity for people who missed out on this sought after edition to have another chance at retail price and not pay whatever the price is on the after market.

I've only ever really went for steels that I either liked or steels of movies I liked, I don't see the point in just getting something just because it's limited
The only time when it is wrong is when an edition is specifically released as a limited edition....and then they make more.

Reactions: Dhiraj1

Part of the steelbook collecting fun lies in its chase and the feeling of owning something not easily obtained, then lies the aspect of false marketing and creating false demand that the release is limited to 1000 units and is a black friday event and get it quickly or miss out aspect...all this leaves a sour taste for me. No wonder people frown at Zavvi often.

Why dont the premium retailers re-release their sold out editions, which make much more money for them than the £15.99 steels like these?

I don't think it's a re-release per say. I think, this like other previous titles (the 2014 V for Vendetta release, for instance), was supposed to be a shared run with another retailer in another country (V was available in Spain via Amazon.es) but for some reason that didn't happen and so Zavvi picked up the remaining stock.