Blade (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 24, 2017 (First Batch) - April 30, 2018 (Second Batch) - March 4, 2019 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-orders for re-release go live January 19 around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11526666-103450654 (1).jpg

11526666-4494510727840.jpg11526666-1294510727970.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They said upfront there would be more. There would be 1,000 for sale for Black Friday and those who purchased them would get an early shipment and everyone who ordered from the latter batch would have a considerable wait; and that's exactly what happened. Some people say there is a slight difference in detail from the pre-BF to the post-BF ones.

They said upfront there would be more. There would be 1,000 for sale for Black Friday and those who purchased them would get an early shipment and everyone who ordered from the latter batch would have a considerable wait; and that's exactly what happened. Some people say there is a slight difference in detail from the pre-BF to the post-BF ones.
Yes thats true and it happened...this is the third time after that "upfront" info!

I don't think it's a re-release per say. I think, this like other previous titles (the 2014 V for Vendetta release, for instance), was supposed to be a shared run with another retailer in another country (V was available in Spain via Amazon.es) but for some reason that didn't happen and so Zavvi picked up the remaining stock.
Did Zavvi also pick up the remaining stock from that retailer (I forget the name) in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea?;):LOL:

What's wrong with sharing the love? I think it's a good opportunity for people who missed out on this sought after edition to have another chance at retail price and not pay whatever the price is on the after market.

I've only ever really went for steels that I either liked or steels of movies I liked, I don't see the point in just getting something just because it's limited
If only they'd do the same with Last Action Hero. Or, better yet... Sleepy Hollow! Still annoyed with how they handled that whole situation. :sour:

Would be grand if they tied in this re-release ...
1548038695603.png

with red releases of BLADE 2 & TRINITY (Japan style) to match:-
+
1548039220215.png
+
1548038975364.png

See my comparison pics in post #249
Yeah, I'll stay with my Canadian edition, his skin tone is better, it's not as washed out as the other two. Also the light flare coming off his sword seems to be more accurate (of course that could also be the angle of the camera too). Although you can barely recognize Traci Lords on the back but the steelbook is still the best out of the three imho.

Thanks bro. :D