Release date: December 19, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118991-1714301349068571.jpg

11118991-1354301349097101.jpg

11118991-6424301349090483.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if Zavvi have a new joke, but it appears they're holding the announcement for the best one out of the series for second time in a row. Terminator 2 was the last one to be announced, now it's Blade.

This is a an EIV UK release
EIV release with Zavvi getting the exclusive
Only Blade 2 and Blade Trinity are getting a steelbook release from EIV

EIV don't have the distribution to Blade 1998 on Blu-ray
They only have the distribution for the DVD
Blade 1998 on Blu-ray in the UK is from Warner

It seems I'm in the minority but I really like blade trinity, I think a lot of it is down to Parker Posey...she can bite me anyday :hungry: as much as I love the films I'm not sure I wanna shell out £60 on a steelbook trilogy.... Hmmm

Good to see Blade Trinity getting a steelbook release and again this is one of the movie posters being used. The back is nice on this but they used the main villain on Blade II, for the back and inside artwork. However the other company may or may not release the first movie on steelbook, so it's not like there will be a matching set.

The inside artwork is ok but it is part of the front again, they could have done better with the inside image, maybe a group shot or other existing artwork.

med_gallery_1823_245_470305.jpg

med_gallery_3622_120995.jpg

gallery_62_245_86843_4z2xd.jpg

med_gallery_62_245_22686.jpg

Reactions: StifflersDad
At least they're honest about the artwork...if you look closely at the back artwork it's already a streaky matte mess!

At least they're honest about the artwork...if you look closely at the back artwork it's already a streaky matte mess!
Eh- the pictures of Mondo Pan's Labyrinth looked similar and it was revealed later that it was a purposeful stylistic choice. They are just pictures. We won't know 'til later. And, furthermore, I think most of us just want this to complete the Trilogy on steelbook, and really don't give much of a rip for the film.
Imo, of course...

Looks cool, but no way am I letting this terribad movie into my steelbook collection.

"She's making playlists. She likes to listen to MP3s when she hunts."

Uh-huh...

This is a an EIV UK release
EIV release with Zavvi getting the exclusive
Only Blade 2 and Blade Trinity are getting a steelbook release from EIV

EIV don't have the distribution to Blade 1998 on Blu-ray
They only have the distribution for the DVD
Blade 1998 on Blu-ray in the UK is from Warner

It's a shame other posters aren't aware of the facts before commenting. While I don't expect every poster to know the distributor of every movie, it's worth checking before posting inflammatory comments.

Just to add, Warner also have the rights for Blade on DVD too now. I'm surprised actually, that Blade II and Blade Trinity are still with EiV, there's seemingly no logic as to which New Line titles Warner have got back and which remain with EiV. It's unfortunate really, as a matching set in the UK is seemingly impossible.

While EiV are willing to join up with other distributors to create complete box sets (Saw with Lionsgate), Warner never have to my knowledge, hence no Final Destination 5 in any set or any Sex in the City movies set.