snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
Release Date: May 27th, 2013
£16.99

Order from Amazon here

Order From Arrow Video Here Payment taken now not on dispatch.

attachment.php

Actual pics thanks to snooloui:

Attachments

• BLOW_OUT_3D_SB_FRONT_compressed.jpg
    BLOW_OUT_3D_SB_FRONT_compressed.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited by a moderator:
My copy arrived on Saturday.

I think this is a really nice steelbook. A few of my friends dislike it as well so opinions do seem divided on this.

The transfer is, in my opinion, better than The Criterion Collection blu ray as well, and Arrow also put together a nice little booklet as well.

The steelbook was £15.99 on Sainsburys, which is the cheapest I have seen it if anyone is interested in getting one for under £20!

[/SPOILER]

Is that a bubble mailer I spy? oh dear. I had to send back 2 copies of Zombie Flesh Eaters before I got an undamaged copy. Purely down to the crummy packaging Arrow are using.

Arrow tend to use a box only if you are ordering a few items. It's always best to avoid ordering single items if possible.

Reactions: stephen3001
Arrow tend to use a box only if you are ordering a few items. It's always best to avoid ordering single items if possible.

thanks for the tip sigill, but that's what i did, i placed the order for the two steels along with many pre-order titles, to have them shipped in a box.
maybe they thought they do me a favour in sending them seperately and sooner.

last time i hade no problems, steels were in the box, and extra-wrapped in 4 layers of bubbles...

Currently £8.50 at Zavvi. A great film and a really nice Steelbook, an absolute bargain at that price. :thumbs:

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/blow-out-steelbook-edition/10667198.html

SO ANNOYED it's sold out. Literally went offline for an hour to cook dinner and the steelbook I've been waiting to drop in price a little sells out within the hour. Double-burned by finding Time Bandits to have dropped in price too after barely 2 months. I really hope Blow Out drops again elsewhere or I might cry.

SO ANNOYED it's sold out. Literally went offline for an hour to cook dinner and the steelbook I've been waiting to drop in price a little sells out within the hour. Double-burned by finding Time Bandits to have dropped in price too after barely 2 months. I really hope Blow Out drops again elsewhere or I might cry.

Yeah gutted, just went to buy, and its gone :(

Yeah gutted, just went to buy, and its gone :(

On the up-side, they have some pre-order amarays at low prices. Just ordered Cinema Paradiso and The Long Goodbye each for under a tenner (though I'll likely get HMV discount at Christmas so might end up cancelling them). UGH so annoyed about Blow Out! Let's hope they drop it on Play.com or eBay at some point.

EDIT: wow, seems someone at Zavvi cocked up and discounted almost every Arrow release in stock/on pre-order! Explains the random price-points and stuff. Pretty funny but still annoyed if they honour the Blow Out orders...then again, it does mean it's not sold out - so one day I reckon I could get it for a tenner at least (like with King Of New York/Demons/Lady Snowblood/Battle Royale).

And ordered myself cheap copies of A Highjacking, I Wish and The Bicycle Thieves to make up for Blow Out. Also ordered Cinema Paradiso and The Long Goodbye for cheaper than anywhere else :D (best deal there is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 pre-order...but not sure I want that title myself).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else get this shipped from Zavvi when it was available for £8.50? I still haven't received a dispatch notice.

Anyone else get this shipped from Zavvi when it was available for £8.50? I still haven't received a dispatch notice.

I managed to get an order in, it arrived in mint condition earlier this week. You should have had a dispatch notice by now, maybe they are waiting on some more stock.

Really good prices at Entertainment Store on the Masters Of Cinema and Arrow range

All £9.99 - List includes:

The Beyond
Foxy Brown
The Passion Joan Of Arc
Two-Lane Blacktop
Das Testament Des Dr. Mabuse
Cleopatra
Island Of Lost Souls
The Human Centipede: First Sequence / The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence
Lifeboat
The Lost Weekend
Repo Man
Rumble Fish
Demons & Demons 2
Blow Out

:)

Reactions: Snollygoster
lollard is correct, the movie is cool, and the transfer is slightly better on the UK disc than on the criterion. if you liked other movies by de palma, you can't go wrong with this one.
having said that, in my opinion this is the least prettiest steelbook from arrow video so far in terms of artwork.