Thanks Che!

Pic courtesy Ash:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Scan 121460012.jpg
    Scan 121460012.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 306
Last edited by a moderator:
I've stressed that one alot and I hear its custom art from CA so it would take a lot of doing to get that done and I've told them it would cripple the collector community market, so its probably as safe as safe can be.

i have heard from a friend at futureshop that 1 or more people are trying to get a re realse of iron man but dont know if it would have the same cover art.

i have heard from a friend at futureshop that 1 or more people are trying to get a re realse of iron man but dont know if it would have the same cover art.

They can re-release the movie all they want ... just use diff art. I will buy it, a long with many other collectors .... but a direct reprint ... that wouldnt be wise at all. Anything is possible, but I try my hardest to stress the important things in the background for this hobby.

As for BOE, (and back on topic) ... I'm glad it has no inside art then! :oohyeah: I will still buy it cause Im a BOE nutter. But I'm glad the FS one still has clout!

I don't get the attitude I gotta quit collecting now that the US is finally getting some love. I am so excited to actually go to my best buy and actually be able to buy a steel in store something that has been a rarity for several years now, show the love people.

This is on my must buy list as its not a double dip for me.

Reactions: ocielz
I think its going to be exactly the same, the only difference is the label best buy and future shop. If it is identicle I am going to seriously debate if I am going to continue this hobby, nothing appears to be special or 'limited' collection. Feel bad for those who spent more on the Batman Begins.

No inside art should keep everything stable. Spines on some of the BB releases look lazily done IMO. I'll happily pay a little more for better quality.

Spines

The spine on this steelbook is exactly the same as the FS edition -

Spine-1.jpg

For new collectors, just because this has no inside art does not mean it is a "lower" quality steelbook. It feels solid and the quality of the artwork is exactly the same as far as I can tell. In fact, I think the BB cover art is better proportional as it always seems to me like Denzel's head is slight longer on the Future Shop cover. Yup, the Future Shop cover shows more of his left lapel than the BB version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sunnyx and jimmy
You gotta love when the studio goes cheap, and doesnt change artwork and right when you get furious you then find out they didnt do inside art. haha. BOE FS still is the "one to have" but the demand (albeit never that strong) will definitely curb for now until a year from now etc.

why oh why is the steelbook world being flooded with re-hashed, unoriginal artwork? i can't imagine this one being as nice as the futureshop edition, but i might be wrong.
it's easy to become disillusioned when studios and retailers cash in with these sort of releases. steelbook collecting could soon lose some of its appeal for some people.:(:(:(:(

why oh why is the steelbook world being flooded with re-hashed, unoriginal artwork? i can't imagine this one being as nice as the futureshop edition, but i might be wrong.
it's easy to become disillusioned when studios and retailers cash in with these sort of releases. steelbook collecting could soon lose some of its appeal for some people.:(:(:(:(

I dunno. I understand what you're saying, but for me its about movies I like and choosing the best Steel(s) for that particular flick. Just because something is released doesn't mean I have to buy it. And, personally, I'm not in it for the money or the value of any particular SteelBook, so the recent flood of Steels doesn't bother me. :)

Would I have liked to see some original artwork for this Steel? Yes! However, I've got the German debossed Quersteel, so I probably would have stood pat anyways, unless it was something truly epic.

Reactions: ash333
There has to be a financial reason why BB cheapened theese releases by not adding inside art. Must have unnecessarily driven up the price if they included it. I'm convinced that retailers don't usually make decisions like this unless they cannot make it work financially. It would be like a car company that didn't offer a radio in their vehicles simply because they didn't want to.