The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 15th, 2015
Purchase link: MediaMarkt
Price: EUR 15.99

image.jpg

What I don't get is how the j-card can mention the languages of the 4K edition yet have the other disc. Wouldn't that be considered fraudulent advertising?

What I don't get is how the j-card can mention the languages of the 4K edition yet have the other disc. Wouldn't that be considered fraudulent advertising?
Or a cock up in the manufacture process that could warrant a recall or a replacement (if you don't have the proper disc)

The Pop Art Steelbook Jcard don't mention anything about been the 4K transfer and does not list any of the new extras so it was never advertised as been the 4k transfer Blu-ray at any stage

Audio/Language details of the Pop Art steelbook they are not the same Audio/Language listings you get with the 4K Blu-ray release
So no one can claim they expected this steelbook to be the 4K transfer Blu-ray as no where on the Pop Art Jcard does it list the specs of Video/Audio/Language/ or the New Extras of the 4K Blu-ray Disc
4K Transfer Blu-ray Details
Audio/Language
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps

The Jcard of the Pop Art steelbook the only difference in the listing from the 2007/2012 Blu-ray is Audio of English 5.1 DTS MA
The rest of the details as in extras is the same as the 2007 and 2012 Blu-ray release
It possible that this Audio listing English 5.1 DTS MA is an error or correct they do update audio of Blu-ray a re release from time to time

The Audio/Language details from the 4K transfer Blu-ray is not listed anywhere on the Pop Art Steelbook Jcard

Last edited:
The Pop Art Steelbook Jcard don't mention anything about been the 4K transfer and does not list any of the new extras so it was never advertised as been the 4k transfer Blu-ray at any stage

Audio/Language details of the Pop Art steelbook they are not the same Audio/Language listings you get with the 4K Blu-ray release
So no one can claim they expected this steelbook to be the 4K transfer Blu-ray as no where on the Pop Art Jcard does it list the specs of Video/Audio/Language/ or the New Extras of the 4K Blu-ray Disc
4K Transfer Blu-ray Details
Audio/Language
English: Dolby Atmos
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps

The Jcard of the Pop Art steelbook the only difference in the listing from the 2007/2012 Blu-ray is Audio of English 5.1 DTS MA
The rest of the details as in extras is the same as the 2007 and 2012 Blu-ray release
It possible that this Audio listing English 5.1 DTS MA is an error or correct they do update audio of Blu-ray re release from time to time

The Audio/Language details from the 4K transfer Blu-ray is not listed anywhere on the Pop Art Steelbook Jcard

The language and subtitle options you have listed in your post are of the NA (US & Canada) 4k remastered discs. The language and subtitle options contained on the new European 4k remastered discs are not the same, and specifically do not include the Dolby Atmos track which has been replaced with a new DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track. The languages and subtitles detailed on the reverse of the J-card are those of the new European 4k remastered discs and are different from those of the previous European releases which contained a PCM 5.1 track.

Don't just take my word for it. Go and check the German sites and forums where the new disc has been discussed and reviewed by those who actually have it in hand.

You should really get your facts correct before you jump in trying to score points at other people's expense.

Reactions: paulboland
The language and subtitle options you have listed in your post are of the NA (US & Canada) 4k remastered discs. The language and subtitle options contained on the new European 4k remastered discs are not the same, and specifically do not include the Dolby Atmos track which has been replaced with a new DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track. The languages and subtitles detailed on the reverse of the J-card are those of the new European 4k remastered discs and are different from those of the previous European releases which contained a PCM 5.1 track.

Don't just take my word for it. Go and check the German sites and forums where the new disc has been discussed and reviewed by those who actually have it in hand.

You should really get your facts correct before you jump in trying to score points at other people's expense.
It dont list any of the new extras features of the 4K Blu ray
It only lists the same previous 2007/2012 blu-ray extras

The Pop Art Jcard does not list new extras which are only available on the 4K transfer Disc
These details below are missing on the Jcard that Zavvi have on their website and so far is only website to show the back of the Jcard
These new extras are also not listed in the description details on german websites either for the Pop Art Steelbook

The only listing on the websites that is different and wrong is Audio DTS-HD MA 5.1 and is incorrect for the 2007/2012 Blu-ray Disc
But has not at any stage advertised it to be the 4K Transfer in any of the listings

German/Italy and UK websites don't list these new extras below for the Pop Art Steelbook
1)NEW: Audio Commentary: Director Francis Ford Coppola, Visual Effects Director Roman Coppola
2)Reflections in Blood: Francis Ford Coppola and Bram Stoker's Dracula

3)Practical Magicians: A Collaboration Between Father and Son

If the listing of the Audio DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track is an error in the listing it is still not advertising the release as the new remastered 4K blu-ray as it don't mention any of the new extras above or reference to been the new remastered disc it would require to list all the above new extras to claim that

Audio details been correct or wrong on a Jcard or website listing is not enough to claim you expected the 4K transfer Disc

If you decided to want to return the disc as not as advertised on the Jcard that would only be in ref to the Audio details been incorrect not in any way can you claim you expected the 4K Remastered Blu-ray Disc as its not advertised as this

If the Pop Art Steelbook Jcard or website listing had listed the 3 new extras listed above then yes you would have rights to expect the 4K transfer as these extras are only available with the 4K remastered Disc and customers would clearly be expecting to be that Disc

You would be entitled to return and get a refund yes if the Audio is not DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track and the actual Jcard in hand has this listed as that but that would be just for the audio details been incorrect

If the Blu-ray Disc does turn out to be the 4K Transfer Disc in the UK then it is missing details on the jcard to show this as it don't list these new extras which would have helped in the first place to make it clear to what the Disc you are getting
But I don't expect it to be the 4K transfer as it is not advertising the above 3 new extras

Those customers in Germany the Pop Art Steelbook never listed in the description any of the new extras which is only available on the new 4K transfer Disc so they can't claim to expect the new 4K Disc either to be in the Steelbook
All that was incorrect was the Audio details if the Pop Art Steelbook Disc audio is wrong

The Amaray details release of the remaster which is the 4K transfer has no relevance to the steelbook at the moment as they are clearly advertised differently in terms of what the extras are with one exception Audio details not correct but does not list any of the 4K Transfer Blu-ray new extras for the Pop Art Steelbook description to expect it to be the 4K transfer

Lets see what Disc customers get in the UK it is all guessing at the moment as to what Disc is in the UK Steelbook but if I go by the description it is not the 4K transfer as it don't list the new 3 extras
Should be known soon as some customers have had the orders from Zavvi their debit cards charged

The German Pop Art Steelbook all that is incorrect is the Audio details listed on the websites it has not at any stage listed the new extras only available on the remastered 4k transfer on any of the Websites listings in any of the Pop Art steelbook description details of item for sale

I have the steelbook on pre order from Italy I'm not expecting this steelbook to have the 4K transfer as it has not listed the new extras to make me expect it to be that Disc if it does then it is a bonus I was not expecting

Last edited:
I can 100% confirm that only the amaray contains the 4k master and the new special features.

Audio tracks amaray:
German DD 5.1
Englisch DTS-HD MA 5.1

Audio tracks steelbook

German PCM 5.1
German DD 5.1
Englisch DD 5.1

In this case,(and this is not the first and it ´ll not be the last) too early false information was spread and the people were distrustful advance in the forums. You can not always be relied on data before the product on the market has been published, as here precisely. And Sony cashed twice :wtf::wtf:

I'm glad I ordered the USA 4K remastered Supreme Cinema Series Blu-ray

I'm not to bothered this Pop Art steelbook contains the 2010 Disc especially at the price I ordered at

I only ordered it for the steelbook itself but do understand some would be annoyed it not having the 4K remasterd disc
The 2 Blu-ray releases coming out the same time it was understandable to expect both would have had been the same disc as usually that is what would happen with a steelbook getting a release around the same time as another Blu-ray release of a film

I'm Still though Looking forward to having both releases in my collection regardless of the steelbook disc been the older disc

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm glad I ordered the USA 4K remastered Supreme Cinema Series Blu-ray

I'm not to bothered this Pop Art steelbook contains the 2010 Disc especially at the price I ordered at

I only ordered it for the steelbook itself but do understand some would be annoyed it not having the 4K remasterd disc
The 2 Blu-ray releases coming out the same time it was understandable to expect both would have had been the same disc as usually that is what would happen with a steelbook getting a release around the same time as another Blu-ray release of a film

I'm Still though Looking forward to having both releases in my collection regardless of the steelbook disc been the older disc
Same here. Those expecting a 4K remaster at a $14 price were kidding themselves. I knew it wasn't going to be that. I just got it for the steelbook to add to my BSD collection.

Reactions: paulboland
Same here. Those expecting a 4K remaster at a $14 price were kidding themselves. I knew it wasn't going to be that. I just got it for the steelbook to add to my BSD collection.

@C.C. 95 Where are you getting the $14 price tag from? This is the thread for the German release.

The Amaray (new disc) retails at EUR 15 and the Steelbook (old disc) at EUR 16. Both were released on the same date. The languages and subtitles detailed, incorrectly, on the reverse of the Steelbook's J-card are those of the new disc. It's no wonder that many German collectors felt misled, in spite of there being no specific mention of it actually being the new disc.

The Italian Steelbook release may be the same as the German one or it may be different. The title is distributed in Italy by Universal not Sony and that may make a difference, especially given the discussion on Universal's Facebook page where Universal stated that the Italian Steelbook would contain the new disc. The details have already been posted in the thread for the Italian release and I don't intend going through them again here.

Since the Italian Steelbook is even cheaper (EUR 10), I'm not optimistic that it will contain the new disc but given the different circumstances to the German release, I retain a glimmer of hope.

@C.C. 95 Where are you getting the $14 price tag from? This is the thread for the German release.

The Amaray (new disc) retails at EUR 15 and the Steelbook (old disc) at EUR 16. Both were released on the same date. The languages and subtitles detailed, incorrectly, on the reverse of the Steelbook's J-card are those of the new disc. It's no wonder that many German collectors felt misled, in spite of there being no specific mention of it actually being the new disc.

The Italian Steelbook release may be the same as the German one or it may be different. The title is distributed in Italy by Universal not Sony and that may make a difference, especially given the discussion on Universal's Facebook page where Universal stated that the Italian Steelbook would contain the new disc. The details have already been posted in the thread for the Italian release and I don't intend going through them again here.

Since the Italian Steelbook is even cheaper (EUR 10), I'm not optimistic that it will contain the new disc but given the different circumstances to the German release, I retain a glimmer of hope.
I was referencing the Italian price. I just assumed the price remained constant in all countries. My bad.

Is this 100% confirmed mate , is there different numbers on the disc or something ?
UK Steelbook
It's been 100% confirmed the actual disc checked in a Blu-ray player by HDN Member
Audio English DTS-HD MA 5.1
It also has the new extras that are only available with the new 4K Transfer Disc
Video Quality also noticeably better than the 2007 Disc
Disc Menu is different to the 2007/2012 Disc

100% 4k Remastered Disc

So it now possible and likely that the Italy Steelbook will also be the 4K Transfer Disc

Whats up with German steelbook releases of Dracula and Spartacus having the wrong Disc that's not cool for customers

Last edited:
Reactions: kingkarl1967
Whats up with German steelbook releases of Dracula and Spartacus having the wrong Disc that's not cool for customers

That's a bit of a volte-face, given that you were the one previously insisting that Sony (Germany) had done nothing wrong in including the old disc in the Steelbook, even stating erroneously that the languages listed on the reverse of the J-card were not those of the 4k remastered disc.

German Steelbook
Those are the audio specs of the new remastered 4K edition: then the jcard got wrong specs?
But in the extras, there aren't these:
  • Kommentar mit Regisseur Francis Ford Coppola, Visual Effects Director Roman Coppola und Makeup Supervisor Greg Cannom
  • Original Kinotrailer
  • Alle neuen Interviews mit Francis Ford Coppola und Roman Coppola