Buyer Beware / Bad Traders List (FORUM MEMBER ALERTS ONLY)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread has been created to provide insight for folks trading and buying. Sometimes knowing that a guy/gal has some or MANY successful trades/sales is good peace of mind.

IF THE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF GOOD TRADER RATING FEEDBACK, AND YOU DONT KNOW THEM, THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE a Trading Moderator. We can try to get you the info you need to feel safe and or make a safe trade/purchase!

As we all know, trading is at your own risk. However, we are able to stop many deals from turning sour if you enable us. We have one bad person who has been a scam artist at many HT/Blu-ray sites besides ours.
EBAY TRADER / BAD TRADER DISCUSSIONS - please visit this thread.

Bad Traders

Goatrider
Swallahjaxx
brambrowers
harrytheparry
shabba
evert
Jaxx
Cythlover
Underhill
Shellmaster
Erik Schellekens
Wodan
Cees
aklass
vrising
Telchar
HiltonH
Hilton
blubook
Glaurung
Gelanor
Gus79
Astaldo
Isis
icon_netherlands.png
The above are all the same person - returned in Oct 2015 - Trading alert posted here

Other bad traders:

icon_mexico.png
MEDIAMEX - continued to delay shipments, up to weeks at a time. Would not reimburse members for items already received. Appeared to source OOP items, after trade was agreed upon.

icon_france.png
JEREMY13130 - member from France. States he has rare items for trade when he really does not. Be wary of members with no feedback that ask you to send first.

icon_unitedstates.png
OSCARLUCY - owed shipments to members here, delayed due to a number of different stories. Supposedly recently shipped items out to members, after 5+ months of delays.

icon_unitedstates.png
NELLYPLATINUM & YASAIRA1 - owed an item to a member here - trade occurred on another forum, had previously told trading mods he would make good on the amount owed. Never paid the seller.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
DLEAVEY81 - owed steebook (paid for) to user here. No response on forum or via e-mail. Also has an outstanding trade issue at AVF forums.

icon_unitedstates.png
SHONUFF6 - received items from a couple of members and has not visited this forum since the beginning of January 2013.

icon_canada.png
JEZHEAD - received items from one member and a HDN secret santa gift from another - sent nothing in return and has not visited this forum since December 2012.

icon_unitedstates.png
93COBRA - also known as Fast Eddie - defrauded members on BD forums and you tube of hundreds of dollars of items. General trading alert posted here.

icon_france.png
Marty mcFly - member from France. Owes members here items and has been delaying shipment since in contact with staff for weeks, some traders have been waiting months.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
AMEN - sent a member here damaged steels and the wrong steelbook. Would not resolve the problem with the other member or respond to mod / staff requests for more info.

icon_australia.png
Top_cat2-failed to complete numerous trades/communicate. Numerous traders waiting for items for several months (some since 2012).

icon_unitedstates.png
slackerz - failed to respond or to resolve a trading issue over months of promises to replace damaged items.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
TIGER - took funds for a "pre-order" of items not in-hand to one member and wouldn't refund, also failed to fulfill 6 steelbook trade with another member.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Roverite - owes at least 10 members various steelbooks from GB's he hosted in 2013. Various attempts to communicate but to no avail.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
humperklonk - Lack of communication to resolve trade issues backdating to end of last year. Owes one member 7x steels which were paid for but never sent the items. Another member is waiting on 1x steel to be sent.

icon_germany.png
Unisol1980 - Attempted to sell a High Value rare steelbook by randomly PM'ing members. This was after Trade Mods refused to approve his sales thread without him supplying the necessary references/info.

icon_germany.png
MrKrabs2013 - Created multiple account, which is NOT allowed on this forum. All the following names are the same person and have been banned:

MrKrabs2013
mrhanky
mrhanky2016
ninja2015
joinus2000
kurdish2012
bremennord
steelfreaky
marvelhero007
germansteeler
steelbookcollect
gandalf
judgedredd
hideohhb
progamer1995
bluemansteel
steelcollector1
blueknight
bucelli
snakeeater

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Cobster - Owes various members £ and steelbooks - no communication + hasn't been online since 17th July.

The posts below are from when this was a Good Traders/Bad Traders list ... from the date this OP has been updated ... this thread will only serve as a Buyer Beware and Hall of Shame for those bad traders out there. If you need info on good traders view their trader rating under their avatar in the post bit (to the left) or PM a Mod.

I suggest you PM a mod for any deal over $75 if you dont know the person, regardless if they have 3 successful feedbacks etc. This is YOUR community as much as it is OURS, and we'll make the time everytime to make it as safe as possible for all.

Added 1/23/2012:

Just a general reminder - If you are experiencing difficulty with a trade at our site, feel free to contact a Trade Moderator, and we can provide suggestions on how to resolve the matter, if the trade took place at our site.

If, despite repeated attempts to resolve the trade/contact the trader, you do not receive any communication, or items, etc, please use the Feedback system in place at the site, or the rest of the community will not be aware of issues with traders. In addition, you have a limited time frame to file Paypal disputes, so please familiarize yourself with that process, just in case, to further protect yourself. In addition, the Staff will take action against accounts for repeat offenders if absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the shipping invoices that really gets me. As you know I list all the costs out via a detailed invoice so it's all out in the open - no hidden costs, it's what we pay in postage and the rest.

There's a lot of money on hold right now.
theres no reason for paypal to refund him anything else than *AT MOST* the purchase of that one damaged edition... but you never know with them.. hope it all works out

theres no reason for paypal to refund him anything else than *AT MOST* the purchase of that one damaged edition... but you never know with them.. hope it all works out

been a while since I've had this happen - fingers crossed I guess - we'll see what he comes back with. I escalated the shipping cost invoices to paypal. Wondering now if that was a mistake lol

been a while since I've had this happen - fingers crossed I guess - we'll see what he comes back with. I escalated the shipping cost invoices to paypal. Wondering now if that was a mistake lol
ok, worst case "reasonable" scenario is item cost + the adequate percentage of the corresponding shipping costs... anything else would be a scandal.. its better to disclose everything i suppose, otherwise they might refund full shipping for 3+ items

ok, worst case "reasonable" scenario is item cost + the adequate percentage of the corresponding shipping costs... anything else would be a scandal.. its better to disclose everything i suppose, otherwise they might refund full shipping for 3+ items

yeah so he bought the hunger games set so he's also opened a case for the set as well as the separate shipping invoice I sent you guys in addition to all the others. I think it's about 8 steels + that set + 3 shipping invoices (shipping costs over $120)

yeah so he bought the hunger games set so he's also opened a case for the set as well as the separate shipping invoice I sent you guys in addition to all the others. I think it's about 8 steels + that set + 3 shipping invoices (shipping costs over $120)
so because one item is slightly "damaged" and you wouldnt refund him, he now wants to return everything out of sheer spite? lol..

maybe just offer him to refund that one item (or half of it), if he still listens to reason and put the whole matter behind.. unfortunately you never know with paypal and it might end up being more trouble later.. my best guess would be that they will most likely refund the damaged item anyways because they dont really listen to reason / care about the fee system here

@apsmith21 Have you considered giving PayPal a phone call? Apparently that's the easiest/quickest way to deal with such situations, as @Flloydo recently made myself and a few others aware with an issue he was having with a buyer on eBay.

Interesting - I haven't yet just because my work schedule is crazy - might have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion

@apsmith21 Have you considered giving PayPal a phone call? Apparently that's the easiest/quickest way to deal with such situations, as @Flloydo recently made myself and a few others aware with an issue he was having with a buyer on eBay.

Interesting - I haven't yet just because my work schedule is crazy - might have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion
I’m not 100% sure if you can get PayPal to call you like you can with eBay and Amazon. It’s been years since I’ve had to talk to them and that was back when before eBay managed payments. So if I had a issue pre that then it would sit with PP. and you go through eBay and they connect you to PP. that’s how it worked the 2 or 3 times I’ve spoke to them.

But as Noodles mentions, you can actually get eBay to call you (for free) through their help desk but this has been the case for like 10 years. Amazon is more newer

With amazon U.K. they took the email contact away about 1-2 years ago and could only use chat but now they have the option to call you. It’s just so much easier and most issues get sorted there and then (I’ve always used the eBay to call me option if I’ve had an issue and again it’s just easy - but it’s the only option I’ve ever known for eBay - ive used them 11 years and there’s never been an email to use and they also recently implemented the chat option)

It’s so much easier than sitting there on chat waiting for the customer service to message back and especially if you’re busy you can just have them on headphones. Or with emails flying back and forth once every 24 hours

But I would of thought PP have a similar option for them to call you

hi all, please be aware that member @Georges dikranjian has opened over 12 cases against HDN for group buy items that have previously been delivered, going back as far as January of this year. He has disputed shipping invoices as well as all the purchases he made. At the root of the issue was slight damage to one of the slips that he received.

As you know, we can't issue full refunds on items that we send on to you here, as we only charge that small fee. If one does the math, you'd realize that for a full refund on any of the most recent Lionsgate wave would wipe out the fee received from over 20 copies of that edition.

That being said, this member might have put future group buys at risk, given the large amount of funds in dispute.

I'm posting here as this member was not active in the community via threads but might have purchased an item from you or from another group buy.
Wow! Sorry to hear that mate.

What a c*nt (excuse my language)

12 separate cases for 1 item he got damaged? That’s crazy. There’s calculation behind this. And spite.
How did he get away with the 12 cases being opened if only 1 item is damaged? Has he lied about other issues then for the other 11 items?

Also this guy was complaining about GBs right? Months ago. About manta items etc. So he then went and used a GB for 12 transactions and has opened claims on them all. Yeah there’s defo a calculated intention here!

So the reason the GBs have had issues here this year with PP is because of this guy? Sounds like it was his mission to do this. What an absolute w@nker

Just checked and they don’t have an option to call you. But you can call them. God knows how much that would cost in charges though. Like I said I’ve only dealt with PayPal issues through eBay back before eBay controlled the payments and eBay would redirect you to them over the phone

197F6A45-C376-4CA5-B0B3-D73C5012C7A7.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: milky and Noodles
Maybe the forum owner, could set up a quick payment terminal to accept credit/debit cards directly into one account, from which he then could distribute the funds to the few helpful Group Buy organizers. It wouldn't cost more in fees, than PayPal takes, and the money would be available almost right away, unlike PayPal holding it until item ships.
Take PayPal out of the equation entirely. This whole thing is built on trust anyway.

Not sure how it's in US right now, but in Russia you can set up a mobile payment terminal in 3 hours for $100 from any cellular operator, among others.

Another way, basically entirely free, is a Binance account. Crypto USD can be sent within the app between members instantly and free. Just add add a note when sending that it's from that HDN member for that GB item.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all, please be aware that member @Georges dikranjian has opened over 12 cases against HDN for group buy items that have previously been delivered, going back as far as January of this year. He has disputed shipping invoices as well as all the purchases he made. At the root of the issue was slight damage to one of the slips that he received.

As you know, we can't issue full refunds on items that we send on to you here, as we only charge that small fee. If one does the math, you'd realize that for a full refund on any of the most recent Lionsgate wave would wipe out the fee received from over 20 copies of that edition.

That being said, this member might have put future group buys at risk, given the large amount of funds in dispute.

I'm posting here as this member was not active in the community via threads but might have purchased an item from you or from another group buy.
To be honest with you, I can understand that guy when you never ever read your PM's and reply to them that buyers like me send to you!!! I bought 3 Steelbooks from your Groupbuys recently and all 3 arrived damaged a few days ago. 2 with damaged PET slips and one ("Roger Rabbit") with several ugly paint chips. I sent you several messages before asking you to send me pristine copies since I'm OCD, but you never read them and sent me damaged items where you could easily see the damages in sealed condition. But you shipped those out and didn't care about my messages. I wrote you again now and sent pictures, no reply. It just shows you never read my PM's and your name is crossed out. What are buyers supposed to do if you leaver them no other choice for communication??? @apsmith21

• Wow
Reactions: Chemartin_1
To be honest with you, I can understand that guy when you never ever read your PM's and reply to them that buyers like me send to you!!! I bought 3 Steelbooks from your Groupbuys recently and all 3 arrived damaged a few days ago. 2 with damaged PET slips and one ("Roger Rabbit") with several ugly paint chips. I sent you several messages before asking you to send me pristine copies since I'm OCD, but you never read them and sent me damaged items where you could easily see the damages in sealed condition. But you shipped those out and didn't care about my messages. I wrote you again now and sent pictures, no reply. It just shows you never read my PM's and your name is crossed out. What are buyers supposed to do if you leaver them no other choice for communication??? @apsmith21
best buy steelbooks have defects from the get go in probably 99% of all cases and theres nothing that can be done about that... unfortunately no one is going to order 500 copies to find that one OCD mint copy for you... at least not for the original retail price+ a measly 2$ fee.. i know it sucks and i would prefer truly mint copies myself, but ive accepted this new "best buy mint" lol.. and in 99% of all cases you get a copy in MUCH better condition and much better packaging than ordering from ebay or anywhere else

Just checked and they don’t have an option to call you. But you can call them. God knows how much that would cost in charges though. Like I said I’ve only dealt with PayPal issues through eBay back before eBay controlled the payments and eBay would redirect you to them over the phone

View attachment 532676

Charges to call PayPal?

The numbers are toll free here.

Charges to call PayPal?

The numbers are toll free here.
Well then maybe it’s the same here. I don’t know I haven’t called them. It don’t state it’s free

Our mobile providers have numbers that start with certain numbers that are free in the U.K. so maybe it’s the same.

Out of everything I said or stated that’s what you picked up on when we live in different countries lol

Reactions: hatredhorror
This OCD thing should only apply to you. It is quite unfair to have another member buying items on your behalf to maintain your standards given they have no control on the manufacturing process and your OCD level. If there are paint chips on one, then they all have that defect (seen or unseen). Don't join group buys if you're going to act like this. Spend your own time and moneys to hunt down these perfect copies you are seeking.

Reactions: Nova
This OCD thing should only apply to you. It is quite unfair to have another member buying items on your behalf to maintain your standards given they have no control on the manufacturing process and your OCD level. If there are paint chips on one, then they all have that defect (seen or unseen). Don't join group buys if you're going to act like this. Spend your own time and moneys to hunt down these perfect copies you are seeking.
Well, I tell you what's unfair: Having put me on an ignore list 5 years ago without ever explaining to me why (since I did nothing wrong during those Group Buys 5 years ago) and telling lies in the forum that he told me to never participate again in his Group Buys. I can still find all PM's he sent to me and he never sent me something like that. So it's no wonder he actually was never able to read my concerning PM's. If I had known that I was on an ignore list (without any reason) I would have never participated in these new Group Buys 5 years later. And no, this OCD thing does not apply to me only, I've seen members posting images in this forum being even more fussy...Also, I don't speak about damage under a J-Card in sealed condition nobody can see before opening, I speak about damage clearly already visible in sealed condition by just looking for 10 seconds at the Steelbook...Whatever, has been discussed in another thread already. It's okay, I've been insulted by being called rude, aggressive and obnoxious while the Group Buy host still tells his lies and ignores me without ever explaining what I did wrong 5 years ago and without providing any proof...