Buyer Beware / Bad Traders List (FORUM MEMBER ALERTS ONLY)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This thread has been created to provide insight for folks trading and buying. Sometimes knowing that a guy/gal has some or MANY successful trades/sales is good peace of mind.

IF THE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF GOOD TRADER RATING FEEDBACK, AND YOU DONT KNOW THEM, THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE a Trading Moderator. We can try to get you the info you need to feel safe and or make a safe trade/purchase!

As we all know, trading is at your own risk. However, we are able to stop many deals from turning sour if you enable us. We have one bad person who has been a scam artist at many HT/Blu-ray sites besides ours.
EBAY TRADER / BAD TRADER DISCUSSIONS - please visit this thread.

Bad Traders

Goatrider
Swallahjaxx
brambrowers
harrytheparry
shabba
evert
Jaxx
Cythlover
Underhill
Shellmaster
Erik Schellekens
Wodan
Cees
aklass
vrising
Telchar
HiltonH
Hilton
blubook
Glaurung
Gelanor
Gus79
Astaldo
Isis
icon_netherlands.png
The above are all the same person - returned in Oct 2015 - Trading alert posted here

Other bad traders:

icon_mexico.png
MEDIAMEX - continued to delay shipments, up to weeks at a time. Would not reimburse members for items already received. Appeared to source OOP items, after trade was agreed upon.

icon_france.png
JEREMY13130 - member from France. States he has rare items for trade when he really does not. Be wary of members with no feedback that ask you to send first.

icon_unitedstates.png
OSCARLUCY - owed shipments to members here, delayed due to a number of different stories. Supposedly recently shipped items out to members, after 5+ months of delays.

icon_unitedstates.png
NELLYPLATINUM & YASAIRA1 - owed an item to a member here - trade occurred on another forum, had previously told trading mods he would make good on the amount owed. Never paid the seller.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
DLEAVEY81 - owed steebook (paid for) to user here. No response on forum or via e-mail. Also has an outstanding trade issue at AVF forums.

icon_unitedstates.png
SHONUFF6 - received items from a couple of members and has not visited this forum since the beginning of January 2013.

icon_canada.png
JEZHEAD - received items from one member and a HDN secret santa gift from another - sent nothing in return and has not visited this forum since December 2012.

icon_unitedstates.png
93COBRA - also known as Fast Eddie - defrauded members on BD forums and you tube of hundreds of dollars of items. General trading alert posted here.

icon_france.png
Marty mcFly - member from France. Owes members here items and has been delaying shipment since in contact with staff for weeks, some traders have been waiting months.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
AMEN - sent a member here damaged steels and the wrong steelbook. Would not resolve the problem with the other member or respond to mod / staff requests for more info.

icon_australia.png
Top_cat2-failed to complete numerous trades/communicate. Numerous traders waiting for items for several months (some since 2012).

icon_unitedstates.png
slackerz - failed to respond or to resolve a trading issue over months of promises to replace damaged items.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
TIGER - took funds for a "pre-order" of items not in-hand to one member and wouldn't refund, also failed to fulfill 6 steelbook trade with another member.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Roverite - owes at least 10 members various steelbooks from GB's he hosted in 2013. Various attempts to communicate but to no avail.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
humperklonk - Lack of communication to resolve trade issues backdating to end of last year. Owes one member 7x steels which were paid for but never sent the items. Another member is waiting on 1x steel to be sent.

icon_germany.png
Unisol1980 - Attempted to sell a High Value rare steelbook by randomly PM'ing members. This was after Trade Mods refused to approve his sales thread without him supplying the necessary references/info.

icon_germany.png
MrKrabs2013 - Created multiple account, which is NOT allowed on this forum. All the following names are the same person and have been banned:

MrKrabs2013
mrhanky
mrhanky2016
ninja2015
joinus2000
kurdish2012
bremennord
steelfreaky
marvelhero007
germansteeler
steelbookcollect
gandalf
judgedredd
hideohhb
progamer1995
bluemansteel
steelcollector1
blueknight
bucelli
snakeeater

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Cobster - Owes various members £ and steelbooks - no communication + hasn't been online since 17th July.

The posts below are from when this was a Good Traders/Bad Traders list ... from the date this OP has been updated ... this thread will only serve as a Buyer Beware and Hall of Shame for those bad traders out there. If you need info on good traders view their trader rating under their avatar in the post bit (to the left) or PM a Mod.

I suggest you PM a mod for any deal over $75 if you dont know the person, regardless if they have 3 successful feedbacks etc. This is YOUR community as much as it is OURS, and we'll make the time everytime to make it as safe as possible for all.

Added 1/23/2012:

Just a general reminder - If you are experiencing difficulty with a trade at our site, feel free to contact a Trade Moderator, and we can provide suggestions on how to resolve the matter, if the trade took place at our site.

If, despite repeated attempts to resolve the trade/contact the trader, you do not receive any communication, or items, etc, please use the Feedback system in place at the site, or the rest of the community will not be aware of issues with traders. In addition, you have a limited time frame to file Paypal disputes, so please familiarize yourself with that process, just in case, to further protect yourself. In addition, the Staff will take action against accounts for repeat offenders if absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, one would hope that they would work like this, but unfortunately they side with the buyer almost every time without him having to provide a coherent story and proof
I'm happy this turned out well in the end, but to be honest I wasn't all that optimistic. Paypal usually always sides with the buyer, no mattter what! A guy bought a Steelbook off of eBay from me about a year ago. I sent it with tracking and it was delivered a day later. Buyer even signed for it AND left super positive feedback. 2 months later I get a notification that my funds had been frozen, because the buyer "has been scammed and never ordered anything from me". I called Paypal up and explained everything with screenshots and tracking number and they still kept the money, claiming "I had no case". Well, since I had the name and address of the buyer and he only lived about 100 kilometres away.....anyway, let's just say I got my money back in the end, but not from Paypal!

1653458824382.jpeg

We gave them a ring and they agreed it was a mistake! HDN won the appeal! Yay!

What a roller coaster of a day.
Yes! I love a ‘good guy wins in the end’ story! Well done @apsmith21! You could easily have just accepted it and moved on but it just goes to show you can still turn it around if you don’t give up and keep trying.

It also shows the flaws in PayPals resolution system. How they could let them get away with it, with no pictures, and the same copy and paste for all 12 transactions, just shows their automatic bias towards the buyer.

I hope Georges is crying somewhere now haha. Although it wouldn’t surprise me if he now tries to appeal himself, so may not be over just yet.

Still sucks that we can’t use PayPal anymore on your GBs because of all this! We are the ones losing out because of that :sick:

PayPal always seems to side in favour of the buyer in my experience, and I’m not surprised they’ve got away with it with no pictures or proof otherwise of their claim.

I’m sure you will but I would highly recommend you appeal and engage in a conversation with PayPal about it. I’ve had much more success with speaking with them over the phone rather than by email/chat.

Do you have any pictures of the items you sent them before you boxed them up? They aren’t going to know whether the picture is the exact copy you shipped or not so if you’ve got any copies left, just flog them a picture of that.

Play them at their own game and see who wins! What are they going to do? Damage all 12 steels and take pictures to prove a point? Best luck to the scum!
That’s actually pretty common for most Credit Card companies too. I’ve never abused it, but I’ve also never lost a dispute with a CC company. I did have someone try to scam me on ebay when i sold an HD-DVD. he claimed it was defective. The reality was he didn’t have an HD-DVD drive. Ebay sided with him, but I ultimately won, because the guy never responded to an offer for a refund. That experience led me to the decision to not sell the rest of my disks, because one return would likey require me to sell 5 more movies just to break even. I’d rather give it to goodwill and write it off.

That’s actually pretty common for most Credit Card companies too. I’ve never abused it, but I’ve also never lost a dispute with a CC company. I did have someone try to scam me on ebay when i sold an HD-DVD. he claimed it was defective. The reality was he didn’t have an HD-DVD drive. Ebay sided with him, but I ultimately won, because the guy never responded to an offer for a refund. That experience led me to the decision to not sell the rest of my disks, because one return would likey require me to sell 5 more movies just to break even. I’d rather give it to goodwill and write it off.
I think the main issue here was that you purchased HD-DVDs… :rofl:

All jokes aside though, people do abuse the system a lot as they know PayPal will always side with them, and most sellers won’t bother to appeal and just write it off

PayPal doesn't let the buyer wins if ONLY one item is damaged (of 12 different invoices).
Buyer has to open 12 disputes, with 12 different reasons, and have to add photos of damages for these 12 orders.

If the claims were closed in favour to the buyer, it's because the damages were there, in these 12 orders/products, and the seller didn't offer the return option.

PayPal is not silly.
It is necessary to update proofs, and if the dispute were close as @apsmith21 said, proofs have been accepted and legit.

Also I don't defend anything here. PayPal has rules.
This may come as a surprise to you, but unfair stuff happens all the time in this world.

he copied and pasted same crap in all purchases he made over the past 6 months. Even on shipping invoices. Only ever said 1 item had damage.

He won, we called, and they could see it was a revenge "scam" act in that sense.

And yes we offered full refund if all returned from DAY 1 because we dont care to spend time on bullcrap. That never happened.

This may come as a surprise to you, but unfair stuff happens all the time in this world.

he copied and pasted same crap in all purchases he made over the past 6 months. Even on shipping invoices. Only ever said 1 item had damage.

He won, we called, and they could see it was a revenge "scam" act in that sense.

And yes we offered full refund if all returned from DAY 1 because we dont care to spend time on bullcrap. That never happened.
Finally @apsmith21 had to call PayPal to claim the dispute. At least this call made justice as you described.
And I am glad you offered a return option, and I am glad PayPal didn't take the false proofs as photographs of the damages.

congrats, @apsmith21! :cigar: sorry you had to go through that, but i'm delighted HDN got their money back, every cent counts. i think some forget that, rather than some major retailer with endless resources, you guys all have real life jobs and work to do, and this is your (and our) out of hours passion. :drool:

will this mean we'll go back to PayPal for GBs, or too much hassle and we'll stick to the new system?

again, congrats and thanks for all the effort. :thumbs:
salutes jack black GIF

Reactions: apsmith21
I think the main issue here was that you purchased HD-DVDs… :rofl:

All jokes aside though, people do abuse the system a lot as they know PayPal will always side with them, and most sellers won’t bother to appeal and just write it off
I had an LG HDDVD/Blu-Ray drive, so Icould do both, and HD-DVD disks were under 10 bucks and i sold the drive 10+ years later for more than I paid for it, so it was a pretty smart move, IMO.
But you may be right on people just writing it off. I don’t sell tons of stuff, and the idea of losing money on a seller’s mistake was just too much for me. Essentially, the guy claimed he had a HD-DVD player, but then talked about trying it in his DVD player and his PlayStation, neither of which supported HD-DVD.

If They can challenge it, I’d definitely try. This guy seems like a first class dbag.

Kosm Unforgiven (UHD Club UC# 27) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD + Blu-ray) [China]​

The release date for the above referenced item has come and gone (June 2023) and I don't have the item. I'm not even sure if what I joined was a group buy or if it was just some kind of special purchase but it was a substantial investment and the Host has not responded to a PM. A recent attempt to reach out to them was unsuccessful. It's too late to file a PP claim and an attempt to reach out to a mod was also unsuccessful. I've had nothing but positive experiences on group buys on this site until now. I no longer want the item. I guess this is my fault for trusting the host and forgetting about the transaction due to the length of time. Lesson learned.

Hello - sorry for the delay. Unforgiven has hit a slight delay and will proceed to ship along with the Incredible Hulk sets from the end of the year. Your order is still secure and you have nothing to worry about. Many apologies for the inconvenience

Kosm Unforgiven (UHD Club UC# 27) (Colored Wooden Box) (4K UHD + Blu-ray) [China]​

The release date for the above referenced item has come and gone (June 2023) and I don't have the item. I'm not even sure if what I joined was a group buy or if it was just some kind of special purchase but it was a substantial investment and the Host has not responded to a PM. A recent attempt to reach out to them was unsuccessful. It's too late to file a PP claim and an attempt to reach out to a mod was also unsuccessful. I've had nothing but positive experiences on group buys on this site until now. I no longer want the item. I guess this is my fault for trusting the host and forgetting about the transaction due to the length of time. Lesson learned.
C'mon dude, there are always delays with these things (see CineMuseum, FilmArena), I was waiting for two £700 sets of HDZeta LotR for half a year, but KOSM sent them eventually, when he got them!

Reactions: Billy Talent