Captain America: The First Avenger (4K + Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: February 26, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6316076_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Thanks to @Leprekon for the heads up

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure but it would be nice if they were inspected closely before shipping through a GB though.
Similar to the Avengers 4K SteelBooks I received. Obvious visible spine slash on one and an obvious visible huge dent that runs the width of the SteelBook on the bottom front of the other. Both are still sealed.

As far as dents under J-cards on the backs of steels, they can usually easily be detected by running your fingers across the J-card.
I do that with every SteelBook.
Okay, I got to agree with you if they would be inspected closely the damaged parts should be spotted at least those that aren't covered by the j-card.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Sure but it would be nice if they were inspected closely before shipping through a GB though.
Similar to the Avengers 4K SteelBooks I received. Obvious visible spine slash on one and an obvious visible huge dent that runs the width of the SteelBook on the bottom front of the other. Both are still sealed.

As far as dents under J-cards on the backs of steels, they can usually easily be detected by running your fingers across the J-card.
I do that with every SteelBook.

Well did you inform Andy of this? When you ship thousands a year, its going to happen that some slip through the cracks. He typically informs if he has spine slashed ones left if someone wants them before attempting to return etc. Some light spine slashes depending on case color can be faint and hard to see tho.

As for under the j-card , i disagree that they "usually easily detected" its hit and miss. Some can be felt sure .. .when they are big. But those small ding ones cant. Esp cause a lot of times there are glue dots used and thus its not like the jcard is completely flush with steel.

Well did you inform Andy of this? When you ship thousands a year, its going to happen that some slip through the cracks. He typically informs if he has spine slashed ones left if someone wants them before attempting to return etc. Some light spine slashes depending on case color can be faint and hard to see tho.

As for under the j-card , i disagree that they "usually easily detected" its hit and miss. Some can be felt sure .. .when they are big. But those small ding ones cant. Esp cause a lot of times there are glue dots used and thus its not like the jcard is completely flush with steel.

Yes I did.

Yes I agree about the excessive glue being used on North American steels these days. It used to be just dabs. Now it seems to be entire lines from top to bottom on the back now making it very lumpy.

Best Buy US carries too many copies of their Marvel SteelBooks. I hear The Avengers 4K and Age of Ultron 4K SteelBooks are still sitting on shelves there. And so are the Captain Americas. They should send more of them to Canada and take back the Aquaman and MI: Fallout SteelBooks.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles