Jul 23, 2011
Captain America - The First Avenger Blu Ray Steelbook

It looks like G2 sized.

Attachments

• ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but I keep hearing of foriegn countries getting them (Mexico, Hong Kong) and its like COME ON! US should be the first on this one!

Hi ML-we don't know if the US will get a Steelbook of this or not. The studio makes the final decision as to where Steelbooks will be released, so we'll have to stay tuned:)

Ml-yes, I am in the US, too, and I wish we got more Steelbooks. But the Steelbook collector market is constantly growing, and given the behind the scenes complexities the Steelbook release process, all we can do is continue to express our excitement for US Steels and provide feedback when requested. Hopefully more Steels are on the way for us! :scat:

Hopefully YesAsia.com. There's no preorder up as of yet though.

I recall Blu-devil saying he was off to HK soon? Maybe?

Couldn't pick me one up could you Blu? >:]

Thanks for the info. I like my steel book to be logo free. Does the ones from HK come in such fashion? :D

Actually my original post was more directed at this specific movie, Captain AMERICA. I mean I understand there are issues with the US getting steels, but come on with this one.

Ml-yes, I am in the US, too, and I wish we got more Steelbooks. But the Steelbook collector market is constantly growing, and given the behind the scenes complexities the Steelbook release process, all we can do is continue to express our excitement for US Steels and provide feedback when requested. Hopefully more Steels are on the way for us! :scat:

I couldn't disagree more. The movie captured the spirit of the original comic very well. I liked it much more than Thor or Green Lantern (but not as much as X-Men: First Class).

For a film with a budget exceeding $100 million, it was lame.

For a film with a budget exceeding $100 million, it was lame.

It was "lame" because its budget was $100 million and.....what? :rolleyes:

Steve Rogers transformation into Captain America is pretty much identical to his origin in the '40s comic. And the finale of the movie is right from the comics as well (but with the Red Skull replacing Baron Zemo). As I said previously, they did a great job keeping true to the spirit of the character.

I'm curious as to WHY you think it was such a poor movie. :wtf:

I thought it was a great film. Cant wait for the next one !!

and as for that steelbook........:drool:

Shame its from HK... Wouldnt know where to begin buying from there :(

It was "lame" because its budget was $100 million and.....what? :rolleyes:

I think you misread, Comic Book Guy.

With such a large budget I was expecting more than the Human Torch acting out the comics. It was too routine. Just because it was true to it's comic roots, doesn't make it a good movie.

Iron Man set the standard for Marvel. For me, this didn't come close.

The Steel though is a beauty. I think we can both agree on that. ;]

Last edited:
I think you misread, Comic Book Guy.

With such a large budget I was expecting more than the Human Torch acting out the comics. It was too routine. Just because it was true to it's comic roots, doesn't make it a good movie.

Iron Man set the standard for Marvel. For me, this didn't come close.

The Steel though is a beauty. I think we can both agree on that. ;]

Fair Enough.

It's definitely a nice looking SteelBook™. Hopefully we'll see a similar UK or Future Shop release. :bow: