Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11192346-8604340183077668.jpg

11192346-2514340183091765.jpg11192346-9674340183108253.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it maybe a little blurry, but if you look at it properly there is very nice depth, but tbh ive noticed lately on this fourm there is no pleasing anyone, you have a steel with a lenti, people moan, you put a embossed title on it people moan, you dont put a title on it, people moan.

If it isnt a Nova or Kimichi or whatever other foreign steelbook, people will constantly complain no matter what.

We would all be pretty boring if we all liked the exact same thing

can someone put this next to the play steel for the first move

im curious to see how they look side by side
There is no play.com steelbook of the first Captain America film

There is a previous Captain America First Avenger steelbook a Zavvi steelbook and the original steelbook of the first Captain America First Avenger was a HMV exclusive

There are 2 Zavvi Steelbook releases of Captain America First Avenger and a Blufans and HMV steelbook releases

You also have Captain America Winter solider previous steelbook which was Zavvi Steelbook that was WWA Artwork and this new one with new artwork and a lenticular magnet

Last edited:
This Steelbook from Zavvi looks good from photos shown so far
Hopefully I will have this delivered on Monday as I have had steelbooks that were despatched on a Thur delivered on the Monday recently with some previous pre orders

If I get this delivered on Monday I will take comparison photos of the previous Zavvi winter soldier Steelbook from last year and this new one

I will also do comparison photos of Captain America first avenger previous Zavvi steelbook from 2013 and Blufans First Avenger steelbook with new Zavvi first avenger steelbook whenever I get delivery as it's late been delivered and was despatched on the 19th

Yes it maybe a little blurry, but if you look at it properly there is very nice depth, but tbh ive noticed lately on this fourm there is no pleasing anyone, you have a steel with a lenti, people moan, you put a embossed title on it people moan, you dont put a title on it, people moan.

If it isnt a Nova or Kimichi or whatever other foreign steelbook, people will constantly complain no matter what.

It's not about me or anyone hating on a release because it's not kimchi/nova/blufans/hdzeta/FAC.. It's because Zavvi puts out these exclusive releases with a lower overall quality.

ZAVVI either looked at the samples for this and thought, oh well these are not as good as they could be but from the price and mark up we'll make a buck so it won't matter or genuinely thought these were upto par with other companies. Clearly they're not.

Why can the Asian companies and even film arena put out awesome premium packages for roughly the same epicenter and zavvi cannot? Their print runs aren't that far off what zavvi do so it's not like it's down to the cost of manufacture.

The fact is, these steels would have benefited from a gloss treatment, a decent lenti which would have been clear and/or aligned or even in some cases the extra disc from the original release (ala iron man) but zavvi dropped the ball again. People slag zavvi off all the time but the if the home of steelbooks really want to be up there with other companies they need to get their act together.

I've had every marvel mcu steelbook pre-ordered through zavvi the moment they went live and followed through with my order, this is the first time in years that I cancelled one (ant man) as I know nova will be doing a better version and for a few quid more I'd rather wait.

We do not boycott zavvi or any other companies beside Asian companies. We do very favor Asian companies because they release such beautiful steelbooks that leave Zavvi far far behind. But when zavvi or other companies give us a decent good looking edition, we do support them (like Ex Machina, Disney collection, and many other steels)
So my point is, we do not mind-closed bashing zavvi about everything they release and do not blind fangirling Nova, kimchi, blufans or FA. It is the steelbook we are judging, not the company where it's from.

It's not about me or anyone hating on a release because it's not kimchi/nova/blufans/hdzeta/FAC.. It's because Zavvi puts out these exclusive releases with a lower overall quality.

ZAVVI either looked at the samples for this and thought, oh well these are not as good as they could be but from the price and mark up we'll make a buck so it won't matter or genuinely thought these were upto par with other companies. Clearly they're not.

Why can the Asian companies and even film arena put out awesome premium packages for roughly the same epicenter and zavvi cannot? Their print runs aren't that far off what zavvi do so it's not like it's down to the cost of manufacture.

The fact is, these steels would have benefited from a gloss treatment, a decent lenti which would have been clear and/or aligned or even in some cases the extra disc from the original release (ala iron man) but zavvi dropped the ball again. People slag zavvi off all the time but the if the home of steelbooks really want to be up there with other companies they need to get their act together.

I've had every marvel mcu steelbook pre-ordered through zavvi the moment they went live and followed through with my order, this is the first time in years that I cancelled one (ant man) as I know nova will be doing a better version and for a few quid more I'd rather wait.

Spot on

My point is, Kimichi/Nova etc have released a few stinker lenti's, yet everyone is quick to forget about them (Dark knight rises for example) but zavvi release a few and everyone grabs their pitch forks.

This place has become a breeding ground for zavvi haters and its highly depressing, if you dont like their releases stop buying from them and move on, its the same old s*** every single steelbook release from them, its bloody exhausting scrolling through pages of hate for every zavvi steelbook.

Don't compare Asian retailers with Zavvi. They have their own weaknesses.

1. Money taken instantly. Sorry this is total BS.

2. Overpriced despite the novetly factor. I mean majority of them are priced $40 prior to shipping. Even the standard release are priced quite high. Price has been going iup gradually to.the point of diminishing returns.

3. Servers struggling to cope up with demand.

Asian retailers have their own weaknesses.

2. Overpriced despite the novetly factor. I mean majority of them are priced $40 prior to shipping. Even the standard release are priced quite high. Price has been going iup gradually to.the point of diminishing returns.

Don't compare Asian retailers with Zavvi. They have their own weaknesses.

This goes to show how popular Kimchi/Nova steels are. Zavvi never has the demand and never will. They don't do premium packages with each one individually numbered. Big difference to collectors.

Nova and Kimchi also do beautiful Full Slipboxes. I don't see zavvi doing that.

Comparing premium fully loaded packages to a bare bones package is hardly fair.

Asian retailers have their own weaknesses.

I do agree with you and that's why I've only gone for ones I really really want. But the packages are usually amazing in their defence.

If I had more money I would go for more though (marvel and Pixar ones ext)

This goes to show how popular Kimchi/Nova steels are. Zavvi never has the demand and never will. They don't do premium packages with each one individually numbered. Big difference to collectors.

The only problem is if zavvi did do these packages is they would probably charge more than the Asian and FA releases (although the 2 FA releases I've gone for were relatively cheap for what I'm getting which is nice)

They would really take the pee with it (but then the payment probably wouldn't be instant)

Zavvi are cheaper than these Asian releases, these asian releases cost anywere upto £60, Its damn expensive and people like releases like this Cap2 steel because the prices are more affordable.
£25 for a 3D steel with a lenti is a decent deal when compared to £60 for the same steel with a cardboard slip and numbered sticker.

And zavvi clearly have demand as these fourm's are filled with Zavvi exclusive steelbook threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
Your inflating the price with unsecure shipping versus collector shipping. The $6 I pay per steel from Asia is well worth the piece of mind knowing it is packaged like a collector packages steels. Not the way zavvi sends steels.