Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so are they gonna show us any artwork... or are they so sure we will order any old crap (which is probably the case) just cus steelbook... come on zavvi give us something details art etc

I thought IM1 & IM2 Play.com steelbooks were lower than 6000 or are they classed as Paramount steelbooks?

Those were not "theatrical" releases (and yes, I understand they did get released in the theater). I think the idea is Captain America 2 is hitting home video for the first time. It's a "new release". Iron Man 1 and 2 were "catalog" releases by the time Play released them.

Those were not "theatrical" releases (and yes, I understand they did get released in the theater). I think the idea is Captain America 2 is hitting home video for the first time. It's a "new release". Iron Man 1 and 2 were "catalog" releases by the time Play released them.

of course if its a shared worldwide run and the "exclusivity" is just for the UK, that "6k" figure posted at the top of this thread is relatively meaningless.

:movie:

going live so soon?

Tomorow??

...with almost no info?

no Art?

....makes me think zavvi might not be too confident about what this steel actually looks like

:movie:

Well they have to reveal the artwork at some point or do you really think they will withhold it and hope people pre-order it? :rolleyes:

DB edited the OP, it originally just said 'Marvel Steelbook'.

release date might be around August.

sent from Galaxy S4

Personally I'd go on last years schedule and say that it's a September UK release. Only because Iron Man 3 was released in theatres mid-April and was home released at the end of September(?)
Early September is probably the safest bet.

fyi, the early pre-order for home video releases is dictated by studios not retailers. It is simply part of a new reality of movie promotion that has been evolving for several years. It is not uncommon to see pre-orders for regular Amarays in various territories while the movie is still in theaters, and even before.

As far as all of the comments regarding title, art, etc, once it is available, we will post. Please continue to keep this and all of our threads respectful. Thanks for your help!

It's cool that they're doing a somewhat limited run of this, but even then it'll be tough to wanna pick this up if they aren't doing anything cool with the steelbook (especially since I'm feeling no title is gonna be there)

fyi, that art on website is not final, only temp art.

It reminds me of the temporary artwork for Thor: The Dark World. I don't see why they bother with any image at all unless it's the final artwork. It just confuses collectors. They should stick the question mark or 'Image Coming Soon'.

Reactions: Troll2Fan