Captain Marvel (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 15, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - Collector's Edition 3D+2D - Collector's Edition 4K+2D
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (CE 3D+2D) - £67.99 (CE 4K+2D)
Notes: Collector's Editions limited to 1000 units worldwide.

12061642-6104671963506406.jpg12060728-2104655930386707.jpg
12061642-1664671963753828.jpg12061642-6724671963994956.jpg12061642-1184671964148148.jpg12060728-2544655600626086.jpg12060728-4784655600735370.jpg12060728-9664655601223308.jpg12060728-1474655600982816.jpg
12061642-9684655423233461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snooloui
Just received my 4K steelbook and CE. I wouldn't blame someone for returning it as I would question £70 for it.

Doesn't feel hugely premium. In saying that I do like it, and with 1000 units, and a film I quite like I am going to keep it and return the steel. It wasn't packed well and has a very slight dent, but really nothing enough for me to return. If I felt the Spidey one was going to be the same, I would consider cancelling. I guess I am hoping it might be a bit improved as twice the quantity of them and a bit more pricey.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Steelbook arrived today but as not opened, and with a diagonal jellybean pattern on the shrinkwrap, not possible for me to say if exactly same finish as the US edition . . . from what I can see though the finish on this one looks more metallic sheen (sky behind hanger doors and gold star motif on the doors) than spot gloss.
Anyway, will suffice until the next better Zavvi edition is revealed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasong
£70 is a substantial amount of money for any special edition. thats grail money. the fact this product is so naff only makes the price all the more shocking.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Ignore post #404

It’s spot glossed and exactly the same as the US version. The US version might be a little brighter in colour though

Reactions: Noodles
Yes, ignore my post 404 - UK steelbook appears to be spot glossed just like its U.S. counterpart:-
U.S. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ROW ----------------------------------------------------------------------I
1563206257262.png
/
1563205550611.png
1563205989751.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
Ignore post #404

It’s spot glossed and exactly the same as the US version. The US version might be a little brighter in colour though

i think most do :D
amazed without opening the steel he can even begin to comment on finish without a naked eye on the steel but suppose goona get posts like that from the zavvi fanboy. he hasn't changed. think he would have learnt by now.

basil :thumbs:

Most importantly - anyone with the 3D disc; can you confirm it has the IMAX scenes intact (so changing aspect ratios through the film)

After IW I'm always worried even though AMATW kept the expanded scenes in the 3D copy

I'm a little surprised by the comments. Of the editions that are in great condition, this looks pretty awesome in my opinion. I just think the $75 (usa) price tag is a tad too much. Tho with it being sold out guess that wont be changing much. if the Pin quality was like top notch pin quality then I think the 75 would make more sense, but i can see those arent.

Biggest problem is they are not equipped to package something with "care" thus many will get damages big or small, and with the price being paid no one should have any damages unless we're talking like super ocd stuff.
agreed
As for the price, I think £40-50 is absolute most these should cost.
For £40 I think these would be lovely

Last edited:
Just got this in the post (yes at 7PM!) and I like it more that I thought I would! This'll do nicely till blufans release theirs at some point.

Most importantly - anyone with the 3D disc; can you confirm it has the IMAX scenes intact (so changing aspect ratios through the film)

After IW I'm always worried even though AMATW kept the expanded scenes in the 3D copy

think £40 for all these would be much better.

Although I’m slightly unhappy with this, it’s mainly due to the retards who have put hot glue on the box. The box itself isn’t too bad and similar to a arrow box. It’s sturdy however it has that crease on the spine where the paper below the top sheet has ended like some arrow boxes and that really bugs me.
Other main point is the pins. I was hoping for actual detail enamel style pins

Art cards are decent and although I’m not into light up boxes, the light up function is brighter than I was expecting.

I’m going to keep my endgame box but cancel spidey. I like the look of the end game version and I prefer the art used on it all. Plus it being darker hopefully can’t notice folds on the spine as easy lol. But yeah end game is the only one I’m keeping. No more after unless the price drops or the quality of the pins are much much higher

Reactions: yeslek
think £40 for all these would be much better.

Although I’m slightly unhappy with this, it’s mainly due to the retards who have put hot glue on the box. The box itself isn’t too bad and similar to a arrow box. It’s sturdy however it has that crease on the spine where the paper below the top sheet has ended like some arrow boxes and that really bugs me.
Other main point is the pins. I was hoping for actual detail enamel style pins

Art cards are decent and although I’m not into light up boxes, the light up function is brighter than I was expecting.

I’m going to keep my endgame box but cancel spidey. I like the look of the end game version and I prefer the art used on it all. Plus it being darker hopefully can’t notice folds on the spine as easy lol. But yeah end game is the only one I’m keeping. No more after unless the price drops or the quality of the pins are much much higher

Considering Weet’s Guardians 2 was £48 delivered (which included a WEA steel) i think you’re right, £40 would be a much more sensible price point.

Personally I thought Zavvi were taking the biscuit trying to charge roundabout the £70 mark for a WWA.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm watching the blu ray at the moment and was wondering if anyone else has and noticed that when characters move fast their image seems to stutter slightly. like some sort of shadow effect. you can still see the position of their last movement.

Steelbook is rubbish. Can hardly distinguish the spot glossing in hand.

How come the classic animated movies can get embossing and full gloss? Disney can do it when they want to.

€30 for such a cheap effort is really disappointing.

But I guess they'll want us to fork out for the inevitable lenticular version aswell (which will be just as shoddy!)

Roll on Blufans......

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Recieved mine today finally luckily in mint condition but sounds like I've got a loose disc as can hear rattling if I tilt one way and another

Steelbook is rubbish. Can hardly distinguish the spot glossing in hand.

How come the classic animated movies can get embossing and full gloss? Disney can do it when they want to.

€30 for such a cheap effort is really disappointing.

But I guess they'll want us to fork out for the inevitable lenticular version aswell (which will be just as shoddy!)

Roll on Blufans......
The sad times of standard steelbook collecting these days unfortunately

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012