Captain Marvel (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (SM Life Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: June 26, 2019
Purchase links: Kimchi - Nova - WeET (Pre-order on June 12 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $45.99 (Kimchi - WeET) - $46.99 (Nova)

FB_IMG_1560228029718.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who or what is SM Life, and how have I not heard of them.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken they've done work for kimchi or have sold through kimchi before, Incredibles 2 comes to mind. Their latest work/cooperation I am aware of is Weet GOTG2.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
If I'm not mistaken they've done work for kimchi or have sold through kimchi before, Incredibles 2 comes to mind. Their latest work/cooperation I am aware of is Weet GOTG2.
So would it be fair to equate SM Life less like a company like Blufans and more of a Mondo X line where a design studio is putting together the package but selling thru limited retailers?

SM Life, formally FNC Add Culture, formally another brand all within the span of two or three years... Anyway, they’re the only way to get Disney titles in Korea AFAIK. Also, they use Disney’s strict disc art designs without adding any regional or ratings logos so the discs look super clean. Was my choice for getting Disney’s 3D discs with disc art (titles like Black Panther, Last Jedi, Solo) but it seems they’re not doing 3D anymore which is a bummer, or they are still doing 3D but not 4K + 3D SteelBooks, anyway. Hope they still have a standard 3D version of this one; I’ll definitely be on the lookout.

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
SM Life, formally FNC Add Culture, formally another brand all within the span of two or three years... Anyway, they’re the only way to get Disney titles in Korea AFAIK. Also, they use Disney’s strict disc art designs without adding any regional or ratings logos so the discs look super clean. Was my choice for getting Disney’s 3D discs with disc art (titles like Black Panther, Last Jedi, Solo,) but it seems they’re not doing 3D anymore which is a bummer. Or they are still doing 3D but they’re not doing 4K + 3D SteelBooks, anyway. Hope they still have a standard 3D version of this one.
So if a Disney title has come out in korea recently, like the WeET GotG2, they were probably involved?

So if a Disney title has come out in korea recently, like the WeET GotG2, they were probably involved?

Oh I forgot about WeET. Guess they’re not the only ones anymore.

Could be why they stopped doing 3D, though. Does WeET only deal in 3D? I’m not that familiar.

Oh I forgot about WeET. Guess they’re not the only ones anymore.

Could be why they stopped doing 3D, though. Does WeET only deal in 3D? I’m not that familiar.
Actually just looked at the mockups for GotG2 WeET and sure enough SM Life Design Group. Not sure about 3D though

So these are the guys responsible for leaving that awful black 4K banner across the top of their slips......?

Wait, that’s not just a mock-up with the j-card?

Reactions: Vangeli
So these are the guys responsible for leaving that awful black 4K banner across the top of their slips......?
Yes.

Wait, that’s not just a mock-up with the j-card?
No. :giggle:
Check their previous releases ... Black Panther, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Infinity War ... they all have got that black banner printed on the slip.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

They’re literally Disney’s distributor for the region so whatever designs and layouts Disney wants of them they have to implement.

This isn’t a premium release in the same vein as BluFans or HDZeta, think of it more like a Bestbuy exclusive SteelBook. It’s just Blu-ray releases in Korea are much nicer by default. Similar to Japan in that way.

If WeET is indeed part of SM Life, then it’s likely their premium line, perfect for people complaining about their standard releases like this.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Yes.

No. :giggle:
Check their previous releases ... Black Panther, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Infinity War ... they all have got that black banner printed on the slip.

Someone needs to get with Disney then and show them all the old Blu-banner SteelBooks, and how everyone stopped doing that...

They’re literally Disney’s distributor for the region so whatever designs and layouts Disney wants of them they have to implement.

This isn’t a premium release in the same vein as BluFans or HDZeta, think of it more like a Bestbuy exclusive SteelBook. It’s just Blu-ray releases in Korea are much nicer by default.
Wish we had some of those Korean Best Buy’s over here. Instead we just have Korean BBQ.

Yes...yes they are.
Interesting they are now leaving out the 3D disc.
Seems Disney wants to save 50cents by not putting a 3D disc in the bundle.

Oh yeah, their last few Marvels were kinda huge. They were using the WWA steelbook, plus an amaray with the 3D disc in it. Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok come to mind.

I think this one will be more in line with their Solo, Incredibles 2, Mary Poppins Returns, and Infinity War releases. Won’t be too thick.