shipped 13. Blurayjunkie(Canada) (PAID w Tips) Thank you!+postage paid
shipped 14. Hubmuswell(U.K.) (PAID) THANK YOU!+ postage paid
shipped 15. Jimmy (U.K.) (PAID w Tips) Thank you!+ postage paid
shipped 16. Staind (Germany) PAID w tips) THANK YOU!+reshipping by MB
shipped 17. Surfury (U.K.) (PAID w tips) Thank you! + postage paid
shipped 18. Tossin (USA) (PAID) THANK YOU! + reshipping by DB
shipped 19. Jimk (Greece) (PAID) THANK YOU!+ postage paid
shipped 20. Masterblaster (Germany) (PAID w tips) THANK YOU!+ postage paid
shipped 21. Glaurung (PAID) THANK YOU!+postage paid(T)
shipped 22. Grapey (U.K.) (PAID) Thank you!+ postage paid
shipped 23. Leshita (Canada) (PAID) THANK YOU!+ postage paid
shipped 24. Victors (Portugal) (PAID) THANK you!
shipped 25. thedonguillermo79 (USA) (PAID) THANK YOU! + reshipping by DB
shipped 26. s7v7n (USA) (PAID w tips) THANK YOU! + postage paid
shipped 27. JaysC6 (USA) (PAID) THANK YOU! + reshipping by DB
shipped 28. Freedom88 (Canada) (PAID w tips) THANK YOU!+postage paid
shipped 29. Spawnshop (USA) (PAID) THANK YOU! + reshipping by DB
shipped 30. Doctor Canus (Spain) (PAID) THANK YOU!+ postage paid
shipped 31. Incubali (Germany) (PAID) THANK YOU! + reshipping by MB
shipped 32. Chipvideo (USA) (PAID) THANK YOU! + postage paid

Thank you all for your participation!

----------------------------------------------------------

The shipping rate:

To Europe:

0 up to 0.5 kg (500g)
$18 Canadian Dollar by air without tracking , $66 Air w tracking No.

0.5-1kg
$35 Canadian Dollar by air without tracking $66 Air w tracking No.

1kg-2kg
$50 Canadian Dollar by air without tracking $71 Air w tracking No.

2kg -3kg
N/A by air without tracking only option is $100 Air w tracking No.

To U.S.A.:

I will ship the steelbooks by Canada Post Expedited Parcel™ - USA

under 1kg with Tracking is $18
1kg-2Kg with tracking is $25
2kg-3kg with tracking is $28
3kg-4kg with tracking is $32

To Canada

Flat rate is $15 to East Coast.
To BC is $10.

Attachments

• Uline (640x480).jpg
    Uline (640x480).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Uline2 (640x480).jpg
    Uline2 (640x480).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
To all dear GB members: I am still waiting anxiously for any updates at China side.
All I heard so far is that there is a Launching Ceremony of LTBF steelbook in Shanghai, China on October 16. Scanavo (Asian Pacific) Chief Operation Officer will be there to answer some questions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates Blu-RaySteel

Love those screen shoots btw. Looks like it was filmed in 2:35 anaromphic which is my favorite aspect ratio for movies :scat:

Hey blu,

do you start a GB for Farewell My Concubine ? :drool:

greets

Kris

GB for Farewell will start in early Nov. Thanks

All steelbooks fans, as I mentioned above the head
of Scanavo Asia Pacific, Mr. Lasse Pedersen will be at
Lauching party to answer some questions. Do you guys
have any questions or suggestion about the steelbook
or the company. I am willing to forward your questions to them.
for a chance win you some gifts from Scanavo.
Anyone interested in the Q&A session, in about next three days,
you can PM me your questions or reply below.
I will submit for you. Thanks.

I am actually wondering if the specific distributors of the movies ask Scanavo to produce these Steelbooks or does Scanavo ask whether or not the distributors want a Steelbook done? I would also like to know if there are any chance of having more direct fan feedback (perhaps some sort of poll) as to which release to do next (specifically of classic Chinese movies). I would love to see one done of "In the Heat of the Sun" for example, though I would like the release itself to be of good quality (region-free, high quality English subtitles, lossless audio, actual HD video and not up-conversion) and not just have a nice Steelbook case. I guess the video and sound quality would be the movie distributors themselves and not Scanavo though.

Reactions: bluraysteel
Hi, Dear GB members

The Let the bullets fly steelbook is just released yesterday in Shanghai and they initially received 100 of them for the launching function, the rest 900 to be followed within next two days. Then they are going to send them out to everywhere in China. It is going to be a huge task with only couple people handling all the packing and shipping there. Once my friend has them, he will resend them to me here in Canada. That will take about another week. If without any problems, I think I will get them by the end of month, it is slightly later than my early estimated time. I hope you all understand the situation here. I will send you a shipping invoice in about next week or so. Please closely watch the thread and check your PM. Also some new photos will be published here soon.

Thanks again for your patient!

Attachments

• scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Acc.jpg
    Acc.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Dts.jpg
    Dts.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 99
  • scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 105
  • blufans.jpg
    blufans.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 106
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 100
  • ca.jpg
    ca.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Farwell.jpg
    Farwell.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks for the update, love that you get a certificate with it. Also the Farewell my Concubine artwork looks fab.

I'm actually very excited seeing those images. It looks like they are seriously going to expand Steelbook releases within China. :D

I have a side question though, I read in a thread on this forum that a Laputa: Castle in the Sky Steelbook is confirmed for China, is this true? I would love to pick that one up once it is released (if it is real) as it is my favourite film of all time (pretty obvious with my avatar, etc. :p).

I'm actually very excited seeing those images. It looks like they are seriously going to expand Steelbook releases within China. :D

I have a side question though, I read in a thread on this forum that a Laputa: Castle in the Sky Steelbook is confirmed for China, is this true? I would love to pick that one up once it is released (if it is real) as it is my favourite film of all time (pretty obvious with my avatar, etc. :p).

I did a search about Castle in the sky steelbook in China forum.
It looks like it hasn't been confirmed. Don't know if it is cancelled or work in
progress. But I found there are 5 Studio Ghibli BLU RAY titles coming soon in China. Castle in the sky is one of them and it is not a steelbook.
The disc is region in A and C, with Japanese audio and Chinese Sub.

attachment.php

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 81
  • ghbli.jpg
    ghbli.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 107
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 90
Seems like there are around 7 people in the GB for the US. Does it make sense to anyone here to do a "2nd-tier" GB to save on re-shipping?

I did a search about Castle in the sky steelbook in China forum.
It looks like it hasn't been confirmed. Don't know if it is cancelled or work in
progress. But I found there are 5 Studio Ghibli BLU RAY titles coming soon in China. Castle in the sky is one of them and it is not a steelbook.
The disc is region in A and C, with Japanese audio and Chinese Sub.

attachment.php

Wow, these look exactly like the Japanese releases I have been importing, only with the Chinese titles. Do you know if English subtitles and Cantonese vocals are available for these releases (and whether the extras are the same as the Japanese release)?

Absolutely. I would definitely be willing to participate if it would be noticeably cheaper.

In that case, bluraysteel, could you give us an estimate on shipping for one steelbook to the US vs. multiple, like maybe 6-8?

In that case, bluraysteel, could you give us an estimate on shipping for one steelbook to the US vs. multiple, like maybe 6-8?

No problem, the shipping rate info will be posted here in two days. Shipping cost to US is much cheaper than to Europe. But whoever in US would like to combine the shipping, you guys have to vote a member I should forward the package to. May I suggest, DB.

Last edited:
Bluraysteel, Any update on this? When do you expect to have these in had to ship?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi everyone-before Bluraysteel posted the group buy, I contacted him offering him 're-ship' assistance, since international shipping of single copies is often very expensive. I've just sent him a PM, and suggested he PM me with the shipping cost for all US copies, from him to me, once he has it. I will then add the actual cost for 1st class shipping within the US, and the box, and invoice each US member for the total cost.

We'll post an update once all costs have been calculated, to determine first what route is cheaper.

Thanks all,
DB

Status
Not open for further replies.