Purchase link: Cloud Atlas

Actual Pictures thanks to Kron

51A91K5kxoL.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my coy. OMG, the glue... what were they thinking!

Don't leave this one sealed, folks, it'll turn to cement.

The glue was the worst I have come across. How silly from Amazon.de. Luckily, I had a neutral degreaser (de solve it) which got it off.

The j card went in the bin, as it has ripped where the glue attaches to the steel. Was a rubbish j card anyway :thumbs:

On the plus side, love the steel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG just read these posts about the glue problem and quickly opened my copy, the J card ripped and like many others the front of my steelbook also now has two black marks where the glue was. Think I'll try a few things to see if I can remove the marks but if you have a sealed copy of this I would definitely recommend opening it now before it sets hard.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Panic over, I am sure many other things have been suggested to remove the glue marks but I just used a quick squirt of the solution spay I use for cleaning my PC monitor screen, took a bit of work but all marks have been removed fine. It is a fantastic looking steelbook though..

Had mine in a drawer since it arrived and finally got a UK amaray this week.
Just finished removing the glue from the jcard (which I always keep, although this ones folded inside - rarely fold them but as it's German, not something I can read or appreciate) and also from my hands, my wedding ring, the steel (hint; saliva plus thumb worked for me), under me fingernails....
Anyway, swapped out disc and all ready to watch when we move into our new place.

I've finally got round to watching this from my UK amaray copy and loved it, so I opened my German steelbook and I popped the German disc in to check it out. :cool:

From what I've read on here it seems people are claiming that swapping out the German disc for the UK one isn't needed as there are no real areas that need subtitling - BUT when you choose the English audio track there's no way of disabling the German subtitles are there? Am I missing something? The only on/off button on the menu is for H-O-H subs. :wtf:

Hopefully it won't matter for too long as I hope to get the HK IMAX disc at some point, assuming that has removable subtitles..... :ohno:

I've finally got round to watching this from my UK amaray copy and loved it, so I opened my German steelbook and I popped the German disc in to check it out. :cool:

From what I've read on here it seems people are claiming that swapping out the German disc for the UK one isn't needed as there are no real areas that need subtitling - BUT when you choose the English audio track there's no way of disabling the German subtitles are there? Am I missing something? The only on/off button on the menu is for H-O-H subs. :wtf:

Hopefully it won't matter for too long as I hope to get the HK IMAX disc at some point, assuming that has removable subtitles..... :ohno:

Use the subtitle button on your player's remote, you can disable them that way.

Reactions: DangerMouse
As a blind buy I hope you'll be able to fill in the gaps as to what's going on in the non English bits.This release has no English subs.

I ordered the regular uk amaray at 6 quid from Zavvi and just swapped out the discs so now have a beautiful steel with uk discs with subs.

Mine showed up today, unfortunately a couple hairline scratches on the front but I can deal with those.

I am, however, struggling to the get the front glue dots off!! :angry: it's bloody ridiculous! :hilarious:

EDIT: they weren't scratches, they were thin glue dribbles! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Mine showed up today, unfortunately a couple hairline scratches on the front but I can deal with those.

I am, however, struggling to the get the front glue dots off!! :angry: it's bloody ridiculous! :hilarious:

EDIT: they weren't scratches, they were thin glue dribbles! :thumbs:

Me too. What were they thinking. I finally removed it, as carefully as I could, but the front glue has left a permanent mark on the steelbook, small but noticeable enough. :angry: