Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

Does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of 1997 Sam Adams Triple Bock. I had a bottle a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. I've heard that the batch is kinda hit and miss tho. the friend that bought the case and gave me a bottle stored his in his cellar on their sides so the corks remained soaked. I left my bottle in the fridge standing straight up for about 2 years and mine tasted better than his, hahaha. Anyway, I'd love to give it a try again so if you know somewhere online, let me know. I do see a fella has 3 bottles on ebay for 50 bucks each. If I'm desperate you never know.

Does anyone know where I can buy a bottle of 1997 Sam Adams Triple Bock. I had a bottle a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. I've heard that the batch is kinda hit and miss tho. the friend that bought the case and gave me a bottle stored his in his cellar on their sides so the corks remained soaked. I left my bottle in the fridge standing straight up for about 2 years and mine tasted better than his, hahaha. Anyway, I'd love to give it a try again so if you know somewhere online, let me know. I do see a fella has 3 bottles on ebay for 50 bucks each. If I'm desperate you never know.

The one beer store i go to had some but he is out. I had it a few years ago and I must say it was one of the worst beers I have ever had haha. I do have KBS a case of KBS though!!!!

I'll look when I stop by my usual place today. They'll hopefully have KBS in stock.

The one beer store i go to had some but he is out. I had it a few years ago and I must say it was one of the worst beers I have ever had haha. I do have KBS a case of KBS though!!!!

Is it just as good as last year's batch? 24 bottles per case?

I got my pack last night too. The place I go was able to get 6 cases. When I got there they had about three 4-pk left (two on the shelf and the other in the pick your own 6-pk). I had mine in my hand and watched the other get sold. I almost missed out. :ohno:

Just for the fun of it, take one and put it in a cool dark place (if possible) and let it age for a few months. The taste will change. It tastes good now, and even better in a few months.

I could maybe put a bottle in the basement for awhile, but the only other cool place is our fridge. Should I not be storing them there?

You want it somewhere where there is little to no light. You also wanna store it right around 45 -55F. Also make sure when you drink it you drink it at about 50-55F. You will definitely notice a difference. You dont get all the flavors when you serve it at the temp of a crap beer.

The store I normally shop at had about 6 cases but were only doing a 2 bottle limit. Most of the other stores in that area received a case I believe. I was talking to my buddy who is the beer guy for about 45min and during that time about 20 people came in looking for it. Luckily i have a case in my cellar haha. Let us know what you think of it!!!

Right now I am drinking a Surly Bender and enjoying the weather.

Cheers Everybody

My schedule and P90X have gotten in the way of me drinking a KBS, but I'll probably get to it this weekend. I've got to drink one of my own irish stout tonight in honor of St. Pat's day.

had one last night. it was very different from even other stout's ive had. i really like it tho, the consistency and deep flavors matched some of the wines ive had, and i drank it like a wine.

thanks for the recommendation guys! :)

Today I am drinking a new shipment of beer i got in a trade i received today. Right now i am drinking Surly Abrasive Ale. It may be one of the best beers i have ever had.

wife's working tonight. means im drinking some brews and playing ps3 :scat:

just got back from the store, picked up a 6 pack of bells two hearted ale and one of ale asylum's ambergeddon.

anybody have either of these? ive had ambergeddon before but not the two hearted. it was recommended to me tho when i went to pick up the KBS earlier this week

wife's working tonight. means im drinking some brews and playing ps3 :scat:

just got back from the store, picked up a 6 pack of bells two hearted ale and one of ale asylum's ambergeddon.

anybody have either of these? ive had ambergeddon before but not the two hearted. it was recommended to me tho when i went to pick up the KBS earlier this week

Two-Hearted is fantastic. One of my favorite IPAs. Anything thing you can get from Bell's is good