Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

First things first there is a bumper sticker that Bells makes that says "If God wanted us to filter our beer, he wouldn't have given us livers" and i find that very humorous haha.

Secondly, the few of you that were wondering about KBS. Mobius if you can find Red's Rye I think you can find KBS just ask in advance if it will be available around you. Most stores get about a case or two and then they usually only sell a bottle per person and they dont put it on the shelves. at least thats how it is around here. Horhay and Glen, I am going to the KBS release on Saturday. If i get a case I could send you a couple bottles no problem. Glen it may be easier if I send it to you when you are in arizona. Thats all. DRINK CRAFT BEER!!!

AWESOME!! :scat: have fun by the way!

so i really liked the central waters imperial stout. the reds rye smelled awesome, but for some reason i wasn't digging it as much as i thought i would. might be a tad too bitter for my taste, but i still liked it.

gonna try the red rocket tomorrow or saturday!

Ya know, I thought the exact same thing about Reds Rye. Founders usually makes some great beers, but for some reason, that one seemed lacking. I liked the bitter part, but the rye flavor was lacking and the whole thing just seemed underwhelming. I'm still looking for some KBS around here.

by the way, thanks everyone for their input. I'll definitely betrying some of these. Very Curious about the KBS beer tho. When and Where can I get my hands on some of this???

I'm sure I'll have some when you come and visit one of these days.

Most stores get about a case or two and then they usually only sell a bottle per person and they dont put it on the shelves. at least thats how it is around here.

I think my place gets a couple cases, but the will sell it as a single bottle or 4pk.

Ya know, I thought the exact same thing about Reds Rye. Founders usually makes some great beers, but for some reason, that one seemed lacking. I liked the bitter part, but the rye flavor was lacking and the whole thing just seemed underwhelming. I'm still looking for some KBS around here.

If you call or email Founders, they can tell you who they distribute to in your area. Thanks to the three tier system, I talked to the distribution company, and they told me what stores they had sold to. Long process, but tasty end results.

my email and response to Founders...

Hey there,

I've been hearing allot about this KBS beer that you brew. Unfortunately I am Canadian but me and a friend are heading to Phoenix on April 5th and we're wondering if there is anywhere nearby that may have a bottle or two that we could pick up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GR Matheson

I am sorry to inform you that we do not have distribution in AZ at this time. The furthest west is Missouri at this time.

Cheers,

Jennifer Bloss
Founders Brewing Company
Phone: 616-776-2182
Fax: 616-776-6846

D'OH !

just called my local liquor store that i bought from yesterday and put my name on the call list for when they get their KBS shipment in. im curious and excited to see how it tastes!

This was me last weekend having some Erdinger Weissbier. We ran out of beer that night so had to crack open the keg I had haha

b8e9d4d6-c588-bbc5.jpg

PS. I don't smoke. So I don't know how I ended up with a cigar o_O

just called my local liquor store that i bought from yesterday and put my name on the call list for when they get their KBS shipment in. im curious and excited to see how it tastes!

Did they tell you if they are selling 4pks or single bottles? 4pks are about $20-25. If so i recommend drinking a couple and aging the others for a year or two and see how it changes in taste.

Did they tell you if they are selling 4pks or single bottles? 4pks are about $20-25. If so i recommend drinking a couple and aging the others for a year or two and see how it changes in taste.

not sure. the guy kinda seemed like a jerk when i called. i asked when they are getting the KSB and he responded pretty sarcastically, "well we dont know, we just put the order in. it hasnt come out yet even."

so i was like, uh, ok. well do you have any idea when you might know? and then he asked if i was on the list. so i just put my name on it and let the guy go. prolly has to work this weekend and is a little upset, lol

Hey I'm not in a rush, but whenever you can score me some KBS too I'd like to try it.

Do you like Amber Ale's ? I've found some good local ones around here ...

call this number (414) 258-9821

if you're lucky, youll talk to an employee happy to put your name on a list. :hilarious:

Ill let you guys know tomorrow if I get a case of KBS. I could probably give you guys a bottle or 2.

Wreck I do like amber ales. Not my favorite style but still like them. What ambers are you talking about.

Mobius- The release date is tuesday. So it should be available next week or the week after. The distributors may already even have their allotment but are not allow to release it until the march 15. Good luck. I would also see what other beer stores are around you and see if you can get more haha. if someone is willing to sell me KBS I never turn it down.