Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 12, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Karel Hardbox - E1 - E2

CREDD_E1.JPG CREDD_E2.JPG CREED_HB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh what? Clearly if it was a Rocky movie it would have been called Rocky VII: Creed

Yes it has a couple of characters from the Rocky films, but this is a focus on the son of Apollo Creed, Rocky is a supporting character. Like I said, technically this is not a Rocky movie

Its surely part of the rocky film series: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_(film_series) which makes it a rocky sequel.. like prometheus is a prequel to the alien franchise. this just makes no sense on his own since its not a reboot like mad max, the story continues from earlier rocky movies.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and cooey
well thats your democratic right but creed was still officially announced as rocky sequel/spin off which i personally don't want to own without the other titles.

So you agree - spin off. That's different to a sequel ;)

well the official film description says: [...] Creed is a spin-off and sequel to the Rocky film series [...] so make out of it what you want, i think we reached the point of splitting hairs ^^
Also I think this film wouldn't be as good without considering apollo creeds background, his and rocky's experiences of being world champion boxers and their friendship.. if I'd never seen all the rocky movies and just watched this as a standalone it wouldn't have worked for me. So unless someone's willing to put out premium steels for the rocky movies I won't be getting this.

I would be satisfied with the rocky movies only getting barebone steel releases.. still waiting and will likely continue to wait for a long time, cos if they were going to release them I would've thought it would've happens by now. I remember people weren't very impressed with the first rocky steelbook and I think it dropped in price before going OOS, if they were to do great artwork I think people would buy them.. but some will wanna skip the fifth film:rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Hmmmmmm, still haven't seen this, I've heard good things though.
But I would love to have a Rocky FA set of all the movies, that would be great. Might have to blind but this, or see if it's on Netflix first before I decide

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Great movie, definitely worthy of fac treatment, just not sure if I'm a fan of that steel. And what I would give for the original Rocky to get a fac release.