Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 12, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Karel Hardbox - E1 - E2

CREDD_E1.JPG CREDD_E2.JPG CREED_HB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
How will the combined shipping and payment work with this new system?

This will depend on the group buy hosts preference.

I've created my very own listing just for shipping that someone can go ahead and purchase when they are now ready to ship their items.

You can see it here -
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/andys-im-ready-to-ship-my-stuff-group-buy.34/

I believe Martin and Karel said they will continue to manually invoice shipping when you guys are ready to have your items sent.

How come PayPal fees are 5% on the invoice, isn't goods and service charge 3.4% plus 20p?

I don't know the fees for non US accounts, but I can tell you that the USA conversion for receiving a payment outside of the USA is 3.9% + 0.30 transaction.

Yes, you pay upfront. That's the way the new system is set up.

Unfortunately FilmArena announce GB's waaaaaaay too far in advance for whatever reason.......

Yeah...and I don't like paying up front for a release months down the line :stop: Rather pay a slight premium off the secondary market on release :thumbs:

BTW, I'm not shackled by a collectable number :)

The new GB system is handy enough. But PAYPAL fees are 6% And HDN fees 7.5% on top. :greedy:

In a period where I'm already trying to cut back on my spending, I'm going to have to pass on these figures :(

I was going to go for E1 but with everything added on Karel is looking for 1,026 CZK. UPFRONT!

That costs more than I paid him for Arrival this morning (1,018 CZK) for a film that's a year older EEK!

Going forward, it looks like I will no longer be ordering as much FACS anymore as their cost is spiralling way out of control :(

The new GB system is handy enough. But PAYPAL fees are 6% And HDN fees 7.5% on top. :greedy:

Well, like I said in an earlier response. What the GB host requires you pay in paypal fees is really up to them, as the international rate for USA is around 4% + .30. I can't speak for or guess at what people that don't have USA accounts pay.

However, the calculation should be item cost + gb fee + paypal fee on top of that. Not having the HDN on top of the paypal fee.

The intent for paying the paypal fee has always been to cover the cost of sending the seller as goods. If we were all a professional store front, we could accept credit cards, but then we might be doing this professionally and not on our days off and in our free time. lol

I was going to go for E1 but with everything added on Karel is looking for 1,026 CZK. UPFRONT!

That is a requirement of the retailer, in order to secure the copies. You'll note that NovaMedia only publishes their listing a short time before the items are released.

I wouldn't lay the blame at the feet of the people that are getting the copies for you - if you are really mad, go after the retailer and ask them to change their business practices.

That costs more than I paid him for Arrival this morning (1,018 CZK) EEK!

Yes, that has been a requirement of HDN, we are not asking everyone to switch over ongoing group buys to the new system, only items that are newly listed.

Another pass for me. Nice artwork, but not paying these silly prices anymore. Sure I paid £9.99 a few months back from HMV for the SB

Well, like I said in an earlier response. What the GB host requires you pay in paypal fees is really up to them, as the international rate for USA is around 4% + .30. I can't speak for or guess at what people that don't have USA accounts pay.

However, the calculation should be item cost + gb fee + paypal fee on top of that. Not having the HDN on top of the paypal fee.

The intent for paying the paypal fee has always been to cover the cost of sending the seller as goods. If we were all a professional store front, we could accept credit cards, but then we might be doing this professionally and not on our days off and in our free time. lol

That is a requirement of the retailer, in order to secure the copies. You'll note that NovaMedia only publishes their listing a short time before the items are released.

I wouldn't lay the blame at the feet of the people that are getting the copies for you - if you are really mad, go after the retailer and ask them to change their business practices.

Yes, that has been a requirement of HDN, we are not asking everyone to switch over ongoing group buys to the new system, only items that are newly listed.
I'm not begrudging any fees. Especially to the GB hosts.

My problem is the hefty price hikes. They've slowly been adding up over the last year or so (Not Karel's fault, I know) but it's got to the point now (and I can speak only for myself) where they are too expensive. They are going to price themselves out of the market. And let's be honest their recent products have hardly been out of this world. It's looking more and more likely that we can benefit from buying these months down the line from the secondary market at a better price. Which is a shame because that should never take priority over buying directly from a retailer.

Regarding paying upfront: At least before you could give yourself time to come up with the money. Now you need it within a day or so to secure your copy. Which is adding a bit more strain/stress to the proceedings.

Also, I thought Paypal set the fees with 3.4% of the total? How can a retailer charge higher unless they are looking to exploit for more?

That's a good question as it is NOT FAIR to take payment for something that is to be released 3+ months down the line. What about delays? Will retailer offer discounts if the release is delayed by more than 15 days?

Look at the UK threads, how impatient folks are when they won't receive something that is to be released next week this weekend.

The Kingsman Group Buy we had to pay for our copies like 2 months ago and they just were recently shipped this week... so manta took payment 2 months prior and nobody really complained.

I think this will be a good thing, finally @carllenc and @Collector03601 will stop running after people for payments and nobody will back out. Huge stress less for them. Only thing I think if I am not mistake is that as of now I don't think we can add a memo in the paypal note(anyone correct me if I am wrong).

Also I love the idea of having paid for my copy and its out of the way, some peace of mind. I am not rich and also cutting down and going mostly for the important stuff no more Blind Buys for me(which I think anyone can agree its not the best Strategy). But overall I think this has more Positive points than negative ones.

I was wondering how the new system was going to work as far as having to pay up front. Is there any fore warning as to when these releases are up in coming for a group buy. I didnt even hear about this release on any topic. I dont have a disposable income and used to save my money slowly after signing up for a group buy through the old system.

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Only thing I think if I am not mistake is that as of now I don't think we can add a memo in the paypal note(anyone correct me if I am wrong).

I've been able to write a note to Karel when paying, right below the address field :rolleyes: If you don't find it please let me know and we can work it out :thumbs:

Thanks for letting me know about this release my friend @Actarus :notworthy:

I also praise this new GB system, much easier to me and WAY easier to the host, as it should be :happy:

I'm not begrudging any fees. Especially to the GB hosts.

My problem is the hefty price hikes. They've slowly been adding up over the last year or so (Not Karel's fault, I know) but it's got to the point now (and I can speak only for myself) where they are too expensive. They are going to price themselves out of the market. And let's be honest their recent products have hardly been out of this world. It's looking more and more likely that we can benefit from buying these months down the line from the secondary market at a better price. Which is a shame because that should never take priority over buying directly from a retailer.

Regarding paying upfront: At least before you could give yourself time to come up with the money. Now you need it within a day or so to secure your copy. Which is adding a bit more strain/stress to the proceedings.

Thanks for posting this - I just want to make sure we're being clear on the differences between what the item cost is now, has been previously (retailer preferences) - contrary to problems with the new system and it's implementation.

As I said before, HDN staff is working on other benefits for members as part of this new system, but the first goal was to get it working, then get all current group buy hosts on the new system, and then start adding some new benefits and opportunities since the system is no longer completely manual.

I can tell that you my tiny group buys with Star Wars editions (before the new system was live) took a number of hours to update and create a manual spreadsheet to get my request lists correct.

In the future, when all group buys are on the system, this is something that can be generated in less than 20 seconds - and my time can be better spent on other things and member requests.

I hope everyone is in agreement that we really needed to do something to lift the load off the shoulders of some of these group buy hosts that are working a lot more than they should really have to.

I've been part of group buys since they first started here, way back in 2010 and we've never changed the system before now. :confused:

I've been able to write a note to Karel when paying, right below the address field :rolleyes: If you don't find it please let me know and we can work it out :thumbs:

Thanks for letting me know about this release my friend @Actarus :notworthy:

I also praise this new GB system, much easier to me and WAY easier to the host, as it should be :happy:

We've got an enhancement that is coming that will bring your paypal note over to the GB seller as part of the transaction on the forum. In the future your payment note that says "OCD" or "Number 134" will be brought in automatically. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and jordidj
I was wondering how the new system was going to work as far as having to pay up front. Is there any fore warning as to when these releases are up in coming for a group buy. I didnt even hear about this release on any topic. I dont have a disposable income and used to save my money slowly after signing up for a group buy through the old system.

In the future one of the goals we have on staff is to get the word out across social media channels, facebook and other spots.

We can't always announce a live time specifically, but will be striving to say, preorders will begin on such and such a date.

• Thanks
Reactions: jordidj