Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: June 12, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2
Price: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Karel Hardbox - E1 - E2

CREDD_E1.JPG CREDD_E2.JPG CREED_HB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I think if I am not mistake is that as of now I don't think we can add a memo in the paypal note(anyone correct me if I am wrong).

1) I've noticed that if you are in mobile view on paypal with my phone through a browser, they don't let you add the seller note. The seller note does appear when you are on desktop (maybe tablet, haven't tested that).

2) The note to the seller will be imported from paypal into HDN in a future enhancement. I just received word that this is complete and will begin testing to verify soon.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
That would be a great feature to include since some are still expecting other invoices from previous GBs. It would be a great budgeting tool as we straddle both systems at the moment and going forward

That's actually pretty easy to do - I'll add that to a list to chat with the other GB hosts about :thumbs:

Reactions: frankfish44
I'm not too worried about the payment up front (saves wondering when you'll have to cough up the money)... And it provides an actual receipt through HDN not just PayPal, so you know it's actually been processed.

My only problem was with the 'note' bit. I'm on my laptop as I couldn't figure it out on my phone and still couldn't find it.

I'm not too worried about the payment up front (saves wondering when you'll have to cough up the money)... And it provides an actual receipt through HDN not just PayPal, so you know it's actually been processed.

My only problem was with the 'note' bit. I'm on my laptop as I couldn't figure it out on my phone and still couldn't find it.

I think that's a limitation of paypal and their mobile view. I'll look into it and see if I can come up with a work around / suggestion for folks.

It is difficult to understand how this new GB system is going to work for FAC's :sorry: Primarily speaking the combined shipping arrangement(s) and payment so far in advance... I'm all up for lessening Karel and Martin's workload but we all know how FA operate and delays are inevitable :sleep: (I know the same can apply with most/if not all other retailers where applicable but payment in full upfront without even a set release date?? :facepalm:). Doesn't sound overly inviting to me... :bag: This isn't a dig at the hosts or HDN themselves obviously but still, it's hard to comprehend :cautious:

On the flip side however, like @howarmat stated, non-payers will no longer be an issue which is a massive plus for the GB hosts :thumbs: A shame a minority of people can often ruin what was a good system for us reliable, on-time payers (n) I sincerely hope this new system is successful and does indeed relieve a LARGE chunk of the manual and time consuming work the GB hosts have to intake :notworthy:

P.S. My first purchase was made today using the "New GB System" for Blufans Finding Dory which was very smooth process :D ;)

I think that's a limitation of paypal and their mobile view. I'll look into it and see if I can come up with a work around / suggestion for folks.

Thanks! I couldn't find it in my laptop either, however I sent an email to Karel with the details he requested. Will that be enough?

I am thinking you just will email and send payment for just shipping costs the same as we have before. Just dont have the cost of an actual release added. Hopefully @Collector03601 will provide some better info on that.

I do agree that payment upfront for something that you know won't be released for over a month can be aggravating. But this is really new. I dont really mind it as long as this doesnt turn into fiascos like the MI and Revenant boxsets that took over 6 months.

Thanks! I couldn't find it in my laptop either, however I sent an email to Karel with the details he requested. Will that be enough?

Yes, I think that should be fine. Going forward we'll try to figure out why this isn't showing up for you, as we'd really like to have the buyers need to do less to submit your order to the host.

Reactions: Alcatraz23
The system itself sounds good to me, because as it was mentioned several times, it will clear the non-payers.
What gets me worried is the non-stable system of FAC announcing their titles. Let's use JP for example:

Old system: you knew you had to pay the releases in one big killing transaction, but you knew at least a month in advance to set money aside.
New system: GB goes live and you have to drop the CZK 3000+ at once if you want to sleep better knowing you managed to secure copies before the GB closes.

You have periods where several GBs open in a short time. Those periods will be devastating for people like me who manage to plan/set aside funds, but on a short notice we're broke.
I planned the JP movies and somehow managed to save money. The X-Men titles were even more brutal and I just can't imagine me being able to pay for them back then at the moment the GBs went live.

While I applaud the new system for it making hosts life easier, I cannot help but to think that one day, could be next week, could be in two months, I won't be able to buy a release because of the way it works :(
You might think that in the long run everything evens out from the $ point of view, but the problem here, to put it in poor words is: "cr*p, the GB is live, 10 copies left, I won't have money till next week" vs "ok, I'll sign up and I have 30 days to come up with the funds".

OK, so I buggered up my first go at this new GB system... I simply sent a PayPal payment to Karel without clicking on the link provided (did not see it at first!)
Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks

The new system looks great and makes it easier on the host which is awesome, but I don't expect to see this finished before mid June (without any delays) so to pay 2 months (given FA's history with delays prob 3+plus months ahead) kinda sucks

OK, so I buggered up my first go at this new GB system... I simply sent a PayPal payment to Karel without clicking on the link provided (did not see it at first!)
Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks

I think you should contact @Collector03601 and @carllenc directly.

I'd recommend having them refund your payment and then going through and paying through the HDN GB system.

This way your purchase is registered on HDN and there wouldn't be any question about what your payment was for, if there is any issue on that end.

On the new GB system, the seller can see the actual payment sent by your user name from their dashboard, so it takes away a lot of the manual work of matching up forum ids and payment records.

Reactions: BLUCanadian
Man this sucks guess this will be the first fac I want that I'll more than Likly miss out on due to the new system needing payment well in advance. Like ones say I understand the less work for Carl and Martin but to just jump in and require the whole payment just a matter of hours after the title got an update is crazy. And I am sure Carl never paid for the gb copies this far in advance either just like the Jurassic park trilogy we had close to 6 weeks before payments needed to be. Hopefully @carllenc @Collector03601 might hunk about starting with a small deposit this far in advance of the releases first. 2500czk gonna take me a little while to come up with exspecially with all my other purchases and shipping payments and to miss out on my collectable number which I'll prob lose soon because of this really does suck.