Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

Thanks @dan8885!:thumbs::thumbs:
But - where the Hell did they dig these up?!!!

Almost paid $80+shipping for one at the start of the month. So glad I waited! Thanks very much for the heads up @dan8885 :D:thumbs::happy:

Congrats guys on the great deal :thumbs::thumbs:

I don't know where these coming from. This is one of my favorite movies so I've searched for it when I started with Criterion. I paid 43 USD with shipping. Nearly the same when I would order now. 28 + 6 shipping + 7 custom tax = 41 USD

I think it's the amaray case version.

Even the Keep Case goes for over 100 USD. I got the Slip version but didn't even know there was two..

I was definitely holding out for the digipack, but at that price I just can't say no even if it's the amaray. Picture quality on the Korean DVD I've had for years was pretty good, but I've always wanted to upgrade. :D

I just wonder where they came from. Leftovers from Santa's sleigh as far as I'm concerned at that price! :smuggrin:

Reactions: dan8885
It was horrible to see that exactly this title is OOP when I started collecting Criterion back in November. I adore this movie and most of Wong Kar Wai movies.
'In the Mood for Love' is also a personal favorite. If you can enjoy some romantic movies you will love both of em.

Glad so much ninjas was able to get one. Congrats to you all :thumbs: I hope you'll enjoy the movie the same as I am :)

Thanks for the tip again, placed an order immediately.
I am still wondering, if it's "real" or not. I mean, how is it possible to have an estimated shipping date for a long OOP title, popping up out of thin air?
Amazon.com was literally sleeping on a box for years containing several copies, or Criterion HQ made available a few remaining copies...?
I'm afraid this "usually ships within 4 to 7 days" means that some retailer misinformed the logistics about the possible stocks, which is none...
Hope I'm wrong. We'll see. :)

I am still wondering, if it's "real" or not. I mean, how is it possible to have an estimated shipping date for a long OOP title, popping up out of thin air?
Amazon.com was literally sleeping on a box for years containing several copies, or Criterion HQ made available a few remaining copies...?
Or maybe this is the 3rd press due to high demand.

Reactions: zoltan_g
They go OOP when they don't own the license anymore so I can't see a third press happening then. But let's see when they'll arrive with all of you.
Exactly, and if they would have regathered those licenses, it would have been part of their official release plan, I guess.

Reactions: PunkNinja
Well, none have shipped yet I reckon? Mine certainly hasn't and the new estimation ("Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.") also curbs my enthusiasm a bit....

Hoping this is real and does get shipped asap :)

ss+(2016-04-09+at+09.39.57).jpg

Chungking Express was back in stock????? I'm checking this thread forever now.

I actually own a copy; found it mid last year when my work was clearing out items from the library. It's the digipack too, but it's not in great shape, and the disc and booklet has "Property of **** Institute" scrawled onto it in marker.

One day...

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
This email does NOT inspire confidence that I will get this...
-"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive these items, please let us know. We apologize for the delay."
-"New estimated delivery date:
Not yet available. We'll e-mail you as soon as we have a delivery date."

Many times this kind of an email is a precursor to cancelling everything...Hope I'm wrong.