Criterion Price Drop & Sales/last purchased thread @ hidefninja

image.jpeg

OFFICIAL:
My Chungking Express has been canceled.:(:angry::mad:
-
Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Chungking Express (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

Thanks for that pointless adventure Amazon.

Yup, amazon.com has dropped my order too.
Criterion Collection should renew the licence of this movie, and get Days Of Being Wild as well.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Had my order cancelled today too @C.C. 95 . Expected but a pity for those who had their hopes up for a miracle! :confused:

Fortunately my boyfriend treated me to a mint Criterion Chungking for my birthday. That's the only reason I'm not wayyy more annoyed! :sorry::happy:
Thanks for the update! Your boyfriend has impeccable timing!:LOL:
I'll lay my mitts on it one of these days at a decent price. I'm more annoyed that Amazon made us think that this was happening. For all we know, they had one copy. Kind of cruel of them, no?

Thanks for the update! Your boyfriend has impeccable timing!:LOL:
I'll lay my mitts on it one of these days at a decent price. I'm more annoyed that Amazon made us think that this was happening. For all we know, they had one copy. Kind of cruel of them, no?

Yeah the length of time it was strung out was fairly ridiculous. On top of receiving an email asking for you to amend your order to state that you'd be willing to wait longer to get it. Dealing with their customer service can turn you into:

so+you%27re+telling+me+there%27s+a+chance.jpg

:rofl:

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Lutzo
I've only recently discovered the joys of Criterion releases and currently only have four titles. The digipak for Godzilla is excellent.

IMG_1313.JPG DSCF5463.JPG DSCF5462.JPG