Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Jan 25, 2010
Do you feel like you've got a creative streak and would like to try your hand at designing some custom concept steelbooks? Give it a shot and submit your designs. Whether you know Gimp, Paint, Photoshop or the graphics editor of your choice we would like you to submit your designs and take that small chance that a studio might one day pick up your creativeness and use it on the next steelbook out there.

Everybody's designs are welcome and are treated equal to others. Please also feel free to leave your comments and Thanks on other members designs. This helps promote confidence and assuredness of ones beautiful designs. If you have a request, ask one of the designers to work up a mockup for you and see what they can come up with. We're all here for one thing; Beautiful SteelBooks! Let's make it happen. :scat:

Please go to our Resource Manager and download some free Photoshop templates, filters and backdrops to get you started. CLICK HERE!
-- AcIDc0r3

C9FA4336-58C7-4D7D-B68A-57CD7B8BDAF4.jpeg
DB4B62C0-2144-43DA-BEE9-C9118F703CBC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

InAFalsetto

Premium Supporter
Dec 24, 2014
UK
Gorgeous concept work guys. Esp noodles. Why these are not available to buy like what I am seeing here annoys me so much.

Is there a way to print my own art and wrap it around an old steelbook ? Any specific adhesive paper / templates available here ?

Reactions: Noodles

BluSteel2012

Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Gorgeous concept work guys. Esp noodles. Why these are not available to buy like what I am seeing here annoys me so much.

Is there a way to print my own art and wrap it around an old steelbook ? Any specific adhesive paper / templates available here ?
I know there are some people doing this as you can see them on Instagram and they look amazing.

Not sure how exactly they are doing it though.

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter

Thanks! Appreciate that. :)

As for custom steels... it's been discussed briefly here:

Reactions: InAFalsetto

InAFalsetto

Premium Supporter
Dec 24, 2014
UK
Thanks! Appreciate that. :)

As for custom steels... it's been discussed briefly here:
I dug a little deeper into this. It involves buying a high quality car vinyl / wrap that comes printed with your designs. The vinyl is flexible and can be applied after you spray the steelbook with water (so you can move it around). You then squegee out the air bubble/pockets.

A bit too much work for me but obviously the steelbooks can look great as seen on those IG accounts.

I prefer going down the other route of sprucing up steels with lenticular magnets / static magnets.

• Wow

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
I dug a little deeper into this. It involves buying a high quality car vinyl / wrap that comes printed with your designs. The vinyl is flexible and can be applied after you spray the steelbook with water (so you can move it around). You then squegee out the air bubble/pockets.

A bit too much work for me but obviously the steelbooks can look great as seen on those IG accounts.

I prefer going down the other route of sprucing up steels with lenticular magnets / static magnets.
Damn, definitely a lot of effort then. I actually just came across someone else explaining how they made theirs a week or so ago (think it was on IG), and they apparently use a UV flatbed printer, which can be pretty pricey!

InAFalsetto

Premium Supporter
Dec 24, 2014
UK
Damn, definitely a lot of effort then. I actually just came across someone else explaining how they made theirs a week or so ago (think it was on IG), and they apparently use a UV flatbed printer, which can be pretty pricey!
Just Googled the UV flatbed, expensive but sounds like a much better way of doing it to be honest

I am going to get this made by custom_steelbook_varrona on instagram as there really are no good official steelbooks for Only God Forgives. It will have embossing on the front title and back tekst and a glossy finish. Took a while to get the artwork right, please tell me what you think about it and if there are any people who have had steels made with him, how did they turn out?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles and Varrona

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
I am going to get this made by custom_steelbook_varrona on instagram as there really are no good official steelbooks for Only God Forgives. It will have embossing on the front title and back tekst and a glossy finish. Took a while to get the artwork right, please tell me what you think about it and if there are any people who have had steels made with him, how did they turn out?
Very cool! Love the film. Looking forward to seeing how the steel turns out. :thumbs: