Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Gorgeous concept work guys. Esp noodles. Why these are not available to buy like what I am seeing here annoys me so much.

Is there a way to print my own art and wrap it around an old steelbook ? Any specific adhesive paper / templates available here ?

Reactions: Noodles
Gorgeous concept work guys. Esp noodles. Why these are not available to buy like what I am seeing here annoys me so much.

Is there a way to print my own art and wrap it around an old steelbook ? Any specific adhesive paper / templates available here ?
I know there are some people doing this as you can see them on Instagram and they look amazing.

Not sure how exactly they are doing it though.

Thanks! Appreciate that. :)

As for custom steels... it's been discussed briefly here:

Reactions: InAFalsetto
Not my work, but I thought this should be shared here at it's so amazing.

Credit to custom_steelbook_verrona on Instagram.

His work is so much better than what most major studios/retailers are releasing right now.

This and Joker are my two favourites....

• Wow
Reactions: K.i.T and toykuehn
Muppet Treasure Island [Disney]

Muppet Treasure Island (whole).jpg

Thanks! Appreciate that. :)

As for custom steels... it's been discussed briefly here:

I dug a little deeper into this. It involves buying a high quality car vinyl / wrap that comes printed with your designs. The vinyl is flexible and can be applied after you spray the steelbook with water (so you can move it around). You then squegee out the air bubble/pockets.

A bit too much work for me but obviously the steelbooks can look great as seen on those IG accounts.

I prefer going down the other route of sprucing up steels with lenticular magnets / static magnets.

• Wow
I dug a little deeper into this. It involves buying a high quality car vinyl / wrap that comes printed with your designs. The vinyl is flexible and can be applied after you spray the steelbook with water (so you can move it around). You then squegee out the air bubble/pockets.

A bit too much work for me but obviously the steelbooks can look great as seen on those IG accounts.

I prefer going down the other route of sprucing up steels with lenticular magnets / static magnets.
Damn, definitely a lot of effort then. I actually just came across someone else explaining how they made theirs a week or so ago (think it was on IG), and they apparently use a UV flatbed printer, which can be pretty pricey!

Damn, definitely a lot of effort then. I actually just came across someone else explaining how they made theirs a week or so ago (think it was on IG), and they apparently use a UV flatbed printer, which can be pretty pricey!

Just Googled the UV flatbed, expensive but sounds like a much better way of doing it to be honest

I am going to get this made by custom_steelbook_varrona on instagram as there really are no good official steelbooks for Only God Forgives. It will have embossing on the front title and back tekst and a glossy finish. Took a while to get the artwork right, please tell me what you think about it and if there are any people who have had steels made with him, how did they turn out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628_233436_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628_233436_com.instagram.android.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles and Varrona
I am going to get this made by custom_steelbook_varrona on instagram as there really are no good official steelbooks for Only God Forgives. It will have embossing on the front title and back tekst and a glossy finish. Took a while to get the artwork right, please tell me what you think about it and if there are any people who have had steels made with him, how did they turn out?
Very cool! Love the film. Looking forward to seeing how the steel turns out. :thumbs:

Lovely design!
That slip as a single lenti would look amazing. Very underrated film, the soundtrack and atmosphere is incredible.
Thanks! Yeah, it's certainly a movie that's not spoken about too often or given the credit it deserves.

Reactions: zeebeer