Day of the Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: July 21st, 2014
Price: £17.99
Buy link: Day of the Dead (Live Saturday 6pm UK time)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies.

10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg

Attachments

• 10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    10949896-1398359093-850927.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 324
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the film but a Steelbook, vs the awesome Arrow 2 disk slipboxed version with the exchangeable artwork, poster, booklet and comic book that I already own (and cost me less than a tenner)
......Hmmm let me think about that for a second...

I love the film but a Steelbook, vs the awesome Arrow 2 disk slipboxed version with the exchangeable artwork, poster, booklet and comic book that I already own (and cost me less than a tenner)
......Hmmm let me think about that for a second...

Maybe it cost you a tenner 2 years ago. That one now sells for 10X that amount. Its been long out of print.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

That steelbook is class,the slipbox may have to go.

Those slip box releases are getting harder and harder to find, I would never ditch that one.

Reactions: lolwut
Maybe it cost you a tenner 2 years ago. That one now sells for 10X that amount. Its been long out of print.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Those slip box releases are getting harder and harder to find, I would never ditch that one.

I picked up the arrow slip fot £9.50 just 3 weeks ago:scat: I may of just got lucky with that one.

I'm glad I bought the dawn slip on release cos that goes for crazy money.

This is a great announcement! I will be getting this for sure (and keeping my slip case). I think zavvi have been looking around in the steelbook feedback section again:D bring it on zavvi, I'll buy the originals and the remakes:scat: sounds like dawn is a difficult one to release if no one owns the rights?? I hope they are just working backwards (Day, dawn then night). Soooooo happy right now:oohyeah:

I picked up the arrow slip fot £9.50 just 3 weeks ago:scat: I may of just hot lucky with that one.

I'm glad I bought the dawn slip on release cos that goes for crazy money.

This is a great announcement! I will be getting this for sure (and keeping my slip case). I think zavvi have been looking around in the steelbook feedback section again:D bring it on zavvi, I'll buy the originals and the remakes:scat: sounds like dawn is a difficult one to release if no one owns the rights?? I hope they are just working backwards (Day, dawn then night). Soooooo happy right now:oohyeah:

I think it was Paul that said he was going to contact arrow about Dawn rights. If arrow still owns them, Im sure they will release a steel soon. But its strange that they would release this one first if both are planned.

And yes if you bought that Day release for £9.50, keep it sealed and you just made yourself atleast £60!

Reactions: chunk
Love arrow steels but their last 2 zavvi exclusive had lots of leftover for a general release

Probably because they tend to release older cult classics. They have a devoted following, but not always a huge one. But they are always quality releases.

I think it was Paul that said he was going to contact arrow about Dawn rights. If arrow still owns them, Im sure they will release a steel soon. But its strange that they would release this one first if both are planned.

And yes if you bought that Day release for £9.50, keep it sealed and you just made yourself atleast £60!

I hope paul has good news for us :ohno: if they're are in a position to release dawn then it is strange that its not up first or second if they want to do them in order.. I'd prefer it done that way.. cos a lot of collectors like to know if we are getting the whole deal or just random releases. I hope we get the original dawn as its one of my all time favourite films. I have to say I enjoy the night remake over the original:emb: I really would buy all of these, plus all remakes:thumbs: hint hint zavvi:D

I was contacting Arrow about day of the dead not dawn of the dead

Dawn of the dead arrow lost the rights
No one has the rights at this moment in time

There are rumours of a cinema release with remastered version planned and in 3D
But no official release date or if it's still happening
And if it does happen it won't be arrow video
Arrow Video Dawn of the Dead Blu-ray only available from some sellers on flebay and very expensive

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk
I hope paul has good news for us :ohno: if they're are in a position to release dawn then it is strange that its not up first or second if they want to do them in order.. I'd prefer it done that way.. cos a lot of collectors like to know if we are getting the whole deal or just random releases. I hope we get the original dawn as its one of my all time favourite films. I have to say I enjoy the night remake over the original:emb: I really would buy all of these, plus all remakes:thumbs: hint hint zavvi:D

I agree the Night remake is excellent. Much better than the original.