GA
Release date: August 21, 2018
Purchase links: Best Buy 4K & Blu-ray
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (BD)
Group buy: TBA

6252776_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

7A8B2A33-585F-44F5-9E15-90A8B5C99268.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, according to steelbook.com this has a spot gloss finish.

So the steelbook itself will be matte red.....

I don’t get what the PET is for?

It changes nothing except say it’s a super edition and adds a speech bubble. Odd and pointless (this is coming from someone who loves a PET)

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I don’t get what the PET is for?

It changes nothing except say it’s a super edition and adds a speech bubble. Odd and pointless (this is coming from someone who loves a PET)

in the USA the plastic sleeves have historically changed very little. So take away some *potential* of printed blurbs, add some subtle design elements and offer protection is just a plus. Nothing major, not like the price point suggests that of an Asian premium import or nothing, but a nice add on none the less.

The art of the steel, while it is different then most people's tastes so far it seems, does however play in hand to the movie. So if some have not seen DP2 it seems hard to cast judgment. One day , some day, any day we will ALWAYS get the regular poster art for a steel. Might as well get creative variants at launch/release as you won't get them very often afterwards. The Deadpool franchise however seems to be one that has a lot of freedom, so its obvious there will plenty of options a long the way for the foreseeable future.

in the USA the plastic sleeves have historically changed very little. So take away some *potential* of printed blurbs, add some subtle design elements and offer protection is just a plus. Nothing major, not like the price point suggests that of an Asian premium import or nothing, but a nice add on none the less.

The art of the steel, while it is different then most people's tastes so far it seems, does however play in hand to the movie. So if some have not seen DP2 it seems hard to cast judgment. One day , some day, any day we will ALWAYS get the regular poster art for a steel. Might as well get creative variants at launch/release as you won't get them very often afterwards. The Deadpool franchise however seems to be one that has a lot of freedom, so its obvious there will plenty of options a long the way for the foreseeable future.

Looking back at some recent ones, there have a been a few boring PETs like CA civil war, true detective and labyrinth Mondo etc to name a few. I like it when they add to the image, probably most noticeable on ant man and dr strange.

Luckily FA are releasing a great steel for it but also lucky the WWA for the first film was a excellent design. Saying that there has only been one re release which didn’t use poster art (that crappy one with him making the heart sign).

But it’s a steelbook and by Fox so like you say another re release is probable at some point

Looking back at some recent ones, there have a been a few boring PETs like CA civil war, true detective and labyrinth Mondo etc to name a few. I like it when they add to the image, probably most noticeable on ant man and dr strange.

Luckily FA are releasing a great steel for it but also lucky the WWA for the first film was a excellent design. Saying that there has only been one re release which didn’t use poster art (that crappy one with him making the heart sign).

But it’s a steelbook and by Fox so like you say another re release is probable at some point
There are also style guides, and creative briefs that have "assets" in them and while some may think a retailer is doing new art, many times they aren't its previously approved stuff from those guides available for licensing. That is what blufans does. They wait and then use poster art that didnt get used.

And as for those pet slips you mention only TD was in the USA. So the positives of this release in regards to the pet was more in reference to reality of what has already been produced and released previously in this territory. Canada had some amazing ones tho, which is sometimes lumped into this territory when referring to NA. But yeah you get my drift. Cant go in USA threads expecting Double Lenti's haha.

So I think this is a cool fun edition. I like it more than a rainbow unicorn, but hey that's just me. I would prefer this release and 1 other one like the white art perhaps. I'm a fan of DP, but nowhere near as much as many others who have the gotta catch em all bug here. Give me 2 awesome editions. This one is loaded with content, so that takes care of that, and if an Asian edition comes out that doesnt have 4k etc. im still good as I have this one.

Reactions: Flloydo
There are also style guides, and creative briefs that have "assets" in them and while some may think a retailer is doing new art, many times they aren't its previously approved stuff from those guides available for licensing. That is what blufans does. They wait and then use poster art that didnt get used.

And as for those pet slips you mention only TD was in the USA. So the positives of this release in regards to the pet was more in reference to reality of what has already been produced and released previously in this territory. Canada had some amazing ones tho, which is sometimes lumped into this territory when referring to NA. But yeah you get my drift. Cant go in USA threads expecting Double Lenti's haha.

So I think this is a cool fun edition. I like it more than a rainbow unicorn, but hey that's just me. I would prefer this release and 1 other one like the white art perhaps. I'm a fan of DP, but nowhere near as much as many others who have the gotta catch em all bug here. Give me 2 awesome editions. This one is loaded with content, so that takes care of that, and if an Asian edition comes out that doesnt have 4k etc. im still good as I have this one.

While it is not the desired artwork, the steelbook still works for me. Like you said, it is a cool, fun edition. Nothing wrong with that.

Having successfully avoided all spoilers up to this point, I take it from the rear art that Juggernaut makes an appearance. :woot:

I just hope he makes a better impression this time around than the last... :ohno:
giphy.gif

I seem to be in the vast minority here, but I really like the artwork.

Never got round to seeing Deadpool 2 at the cinema, but people mocking the style of art for this steelbook seem to forget that the exact same hand drawn cartoon style was used in the credits of the first Deadpool, including the same use of the red background...

Attachments

• deadpool_moe_07.jpg
    deadpool_moe_07.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 128
  • deadpool_moe_20.jpg
    deadpool_moe_20.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and St4rlord