Deadpool - In theaters February 12, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Deadpool (2016)
Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ryan Reynolds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gina Carano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morena Baccarin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]T.J. Miller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ed Skrein[/ACTOR]

Plot: Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
wyYbBmiO4HExJMDs3wOdJeNJFkS.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:

Last edited:
Deadpool-Box-Office-Records.jpg

Deadpool DESTROYS box office records!!!!

I think originally it was "projected" to make around $55 million (domestic), but now its almost at $135 mil domestically and $125 mil internationally, to a total of $260 million worldwide opening weekend!!!

Some things to keep in mind:
- Not in 3D
- Rated R
- Banned in China (second largest film market in the world)

So if you compare to other Marvel/DC movies (which are mostly presented in 3D with PG-13 rating) or any other franchises like Star Wars (which already has an existing fan base), this is a big win for Deadpool. I believe it's thanks to the amazing marketing they did in the weeks/months following up to the movie.

It beat GOTG and any previous X-men movies. Only movies it didn't beat are Iron Man 3 and Spider Man 3.

Source:Screenrant

Deadpool-Box-Office-Records.jpg

Deadpool DESTROYS box office records!!!!

I think originally it was "projected" to make around $55 million (domestic), but now its almost at $135 mil domestically and $125 mil internationally, to a total of $260 million worldwide opening weekend!!!

Some things to keep in mind:
- Not in 3D
- Rated R
- Banned in China (second largest film market in the world)

So if you compare to other Marvel/DC movies (which are mostly presented in 3D with PG-13 rating) or any other franchises like Star Wars (which already has an existing fan base), this is a big win for Deadpool. I believe it's thanks to the amazing marketing they did in the weeks/months following up to the movie.

It beat GOTG and any previous X-men movies. Only movies it didn't beat are Iron Man 3 and Spider Man 3.

Source:Screenrant

The king of them all (really didn't see that one coming). For now on, I shall refer to DP as Captain Deadpool.
View attachment 218800
That's fu**ing awesome! :thumbs:

Didn't get a chance to see this today, but tomorrow... HELL YEAH! :cool: :hungry: ;)

Hardly that surprising that Deadpool did well, especially as there was nothing much else on in the cinema at the time :p But yea, comic book movies seem to easily smash records now days, back when the earlier ones came out comic book movies were still a relatively "new" thing.

I am more surprised when a comic book movie doesn't break a record :confused:

Hopefully Deadpool 2: Back for Chimichangas :rofl: will be as good as the first.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Love what James Gunn had to say about it - posted on his FB account - , no spoilers ;)

"The film has a self-deprecating tone that’s riotous. It’s never been done before. It’s poking fun at Marvel. That label takes itself so seriously, can you imagine them making fun of themselves in a movie? They’d rather stab themselves."

That's a quote from Deadline Hollywood, attributing it to a Hollywood "suit." I love Deadline and get a lot of my film business news from them. And I love Deadpool even more - the film is hilariously funny, has lots of heart, and is exactly what we need right now, taking true risks in spectacle film - but COME THE **** ON. That's no reason to rewrite history. This quote has to have been said by the dumbest ******* Hollywood exec in the history of dumb ******* Hollywood execs.

Let's ignore Guardians for a moment, a movie that survives from moment to moment building itself up and cutting itself down - God knows I'm biased about that one. But what do you think Favreau and Downey did in Iron Man? What the **** was Ant-Man??!

Come on, Deadline.

After every movie smashes records people here in Hollywood love to throw out the definitive reasons why the movie was a hit. I saw it happen with Guardians. It "wasn't afraid to be fun" or it "was colorful and funny" etc etc etc. And next thing I know I hear of a hundred film projects being set up "like Guardians," and I start seeing dozens of trailers exactly like the Guardians trailer with a big pop song and a bunch of quips. Ugh.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Deadpool wasn't that. Deadpool was its own thing. THAT'S what people are reacting to. It's original, it's damn good, it was made with love by the filmmakers, and it wasn't afraid to take risks.

For the theatrical experience to survive, spectacle films need to expand their definition of what they can be. They need to be unique and true voices of the filmmakers behind them. They can't just be copying what came before them.

So, over the next few months, if you pay attention to the trades, you'll see Hollywood misunderstanding the lesson they should be learning with Deadpool. They'll be green lighting films "like Deadpool" - but, by that, they won't mean "good and original" but "a raunchy superhero film" or "it breaks the fourth wall." They'll treat you like you're stupid, which is the one thing Deadpool didn't do.

But hopefully in the midst of all this there will be a studio or two that will take the right lesson from this - like Fox did with Guardians by green-lighting Deadpool - and say - "Boy, maybe we can give them something they don't already have."

And that's who is going to succeed.

Have a great day.

Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in the Deadpool sequel (via Peeltheorange)

cable.png

So with Deadpool massively exceeding box office predictions, the studio have already green-lit a sequel and promised it will definitely feature Wade’s long term sparring partner, Cable.

There’s been a number of names banded round of late for who might play Cable, including Jon Hamm and Ron Perlman, and this week saw a surprising addition to the race.

‘Avatar’ star Stephen Lang has taken to Twitter to advertise his interest in the role. A veteran actor, with a number of other notable sci-fi roles under his belt, Lang’s photo was immediately supported by some mocked up fan-art, seemingly endorsing his candidacy:

12745493_232299383777267_1710191144851072088_n.jpg

View attachment 218940

So with Deadpool massively exceeding box office predictions, the studio have already green-lit a sequel and promised it will definitely feature Wade’s long term sparring partner, Cable.

There’s been a number of names banded round of late for who might play Cable, including Jon Hamm and Ron Perlman, and this week saw a surprising addition to the race.

‘Avatar’ star Stephen Lang has taken to Twitter to advertise his interest in the role. A veteran actor, with a number of other notable sci-fi roles under his belt, Lang’s photo was immediately supported by some mocked up fan-art, seemingly endorsing his candidacy:

View attachment 218941

And I raise you one high definition picture of Stephen Lang...

View attachment 218940

View attachment 218941

That would be an awesome choice!
Loved him in avatar

Did 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Leak the Test Footage That Launched a Franchise?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/did-deadpool-director-tim-miller-865307

I always thought him or Ryan did anyway because of how proud they were of it. I would of done the same and look where it got them (if true)

Reactions: IRON MAN
The Marvel character that Deadpool wasn’t legally allowed to use – but did (via Peeltheorange)

Deadpool has a metric ton of references, easter eggs, and blink-and-you’ll-miss-them jokes. But which one almost couldn’t happen due to legal reasons?

Spoilers for Deadpool ahead. Obviously. Like, why are you even on this page if you haven’t seen the movie yet?

At the climax of the movie, Deadpool savagely kills most of the mercenaries working for Ajax, but at the last second, he stops from killing one of them that he worked with on an assignment (the one in Jacksonville, which apparently involved a TGI Friday’s somehow). That guy he saved was named Bob, who is an obvious reference to none other than Bob, Agent of Hydra, who is a recurring character in the Deadpool comics.

Since Hydra is owned by Marvel Studios, Fox couldn’t use the character in a very direct way for the reference. But since bob is a generic name and the characters are different enough that they aren’t explicitly the same, Fox was able to get away with it.

Did you catch the reference when you saw the movie? Did you think it was clever, and do you want the character to reappear in future movies despite the legally-gray situation? (I do.)

Reactions: Flloydo
wow, I enjoyed every single minute of the movie. I was scared that the movie will be another Spider-Man 3 or Hulk (2003), but I was wrong.
One of the best movies I have seen the last years.

Reactions: Drum18
Just got back from FINALLY seeing it!!!
Loved it. Been a big Deadpool fan for many many years and was very happy with how the film turned out. Was laughing throughout the whole movie.
:thumbs:

Reactions: luke98 and Drum18