Multi Diablo IV (2023)

GLOBAL EARLY ACCESS AND LAUNCH SCHEDULE​

Early Access to Diablo IV begins on June 1 at 4 p.m. PDT for anyone who pre-purchases a Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Edition before our official launch. To see when you can begin your journey, reference the below Early Access map for region-specific times and dates.

EEZHAPW80TWC1685037964906.png

The official launch for Diablo IV begins on June 5 at 4 p.m. PDT. This is when owners of any edition of Diablo IV can begin their journey. As with the Early Access map, reference the below launch map for region-specific times and dates.

W2PLH305JAFW1684948151907.png

L3EB2J3Z61AN1684948150831.png

PRE-LOAD DIABLO IV​

Prepare for your descent into Hell by Pre-Loading Diablo IV early. Below you’ll find instructions on how to install the game beginning on May 30 at 4 p.m. PDT for Windows PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Purchase of any edition of Diablo IV is required to Pre-Load.

Windows PC

• Launch the Battle.net client. If Diablo IV is not already in your Favorites bar, you can add it by clicking on the + icon. Alternatively, you can find Diablo IV by accessing the All Games page. You’ll see Diablo IV at the top of the list.
  • Once you get to the Diablo IV Game Page, click the dropdown menu under Game Version and select the Diablo IV option. Click the blue button that says Install. The game will install and once it’s available, click Play to Launch.
  • Prepare to become the wanderer Sanctuary needs.
Xbox

• Launch the Xbox Store and search for Diablo IV. Select Download.
  • Prepare to slay Lilith’s Legions.
PlayStation

• Launch the PlayStation Store and search for Diablo IV. Select Download.
  • Prepare to save Sanctuary’s citizens from unspeakable darkness.

I am thinking to pick this up, but curious about a few things and too lazy to look into it myself.
1. Is this online only or can be played offline/single player?
2. Do I pay once for the game and play it throughout from start to end or do I have to buy a season pass in the future?

Appreciate any insight into that. Thanks!

I am thinking to pick this up, but curious about a few things and too lazy to look into it myself.
1. Is this online only or can be played offline/single player?
2. Do I pay once for the game and play it throughout from start to end or do I have to buy a season pass in the future?

Appreciate any insight into that. Thanks!
You do need an always on internet connection but it is mostly a single player game. Although you will see other characters like in town and close to town but they do not interact with you unless you want to pursue to interact with them so as to play with one another to fight a world boss or just to team up. While in dungeons though it is just you alone unless you choose to team up with someone to take down there with you. If you want to cut down on the amount of other players you see in town you can go into settings and deselect Crossplay and this will limit the number of other players you see. They do this so as to give you a choice as to whether or not you wish to play with others or go single player, if you do play with others the most your team can be is 4 players.

Seasons in Diablo 4 will be quarterly, with the first coming in “mid to late July” — a matter of weeks after the game’s launch on June 22. You’ll need to complete the game’s campaign on one character before you can access it. The season will introduce fresh questlines, separate from the campaign narrative, as well as new gameplay features that will change the experience of leveling and developing your new character — all of which will be exclusive to the season and will be retired at the end of the three months. Your seasonal character, however, will be moved to the Eternal Realm at the end of the season, where it will remain playable. Each season will also bring standard patch content like balance changes and quality-of-life improvements.

As for the battle pass, it will have three versions: free, premium, and accelerated. The free version has 27 tiers and rewards players with cosmetic items only and Smoldering Ashes, a resource that can be spent on XP and gold boosts, and other bonuses for your seasonal character. These boosts come with level requirements and are only available from the free battle pass.

The premium battle pass has 63 more tiers which reward you with cosmetics unique to that season and platinum currency that can be spent at the game’s shop. The accelerated pass is the same, but allows you to skip forward 20 tiers and comes with a special cosmetic. The premium and accelerated passes will cost the platinum equivalent of $9.99 and $24.99 respectively.
The shop only sells cosmetic items for customizing the look of your character. These are all grounded in Diablo 4’s dark fantasy aesthetic and, unlike the cosmetic rewards available from the battle pass, are often class-specific, allowing you to further “reinforce the fantasy of your choice for your character,” as Blizzard put it. The shop’s stock will consistently rotate, and your purchases will be available for any character of that class on your account, as well as across different platforms.

I hope that answered your question, let me know if you need more help.

• Thanks
Reactions: Thoth
Ugh.. thanks for that.
So the online play is not so bad.

The seasonal packs sound a bit much, don't think I can commit to play the game that much.

I just got my first Twitch Drop for Diablo 4, the Azurehand Heart-Piercer Sword and then spent a little money for some platinum which is Diablo 4s currency and bought some cosmetics for my female Rogue. Screenshots to follow.

MLN8M0K2X0TD1684972819093.png

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

I've opted for Druid after my Necromancer build from the Beta got nerfed. Really enjoying the Werebear Druid. Now to get through the campaign and see what the game has to offer in the end game.

I'm not much for cosmetics, tbh, but I like what I see of yours, Lone. I'll see if I can figure out a way to take a photo of my druid later. :watch:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I've opted for Druid after my Necromancer build from the Beta got nerfed. Really enjoying the Werebear Druid. Now to get through the campaign and see what the game has to offer in the end game.

I'm not much for cosmetics, tbh, but I like what I see of yours, Lone. I'll see if I can figure out a way to take a photo of my druid later. :watch:
Actually Blizzard just re-buffed it on the 3rd.

Here's a recent video capture of my Rogue build in action during a simple event.

List of changes on the 3rd.

JUNE 3, 2023​

- Diablo IV Patch Notes 1.0.2d Build #42131 (All Platforms)​

Hello wanderer!

We’ve made some balance adjustments to Classes and want to provide our reasoning behind them. Overall, we're quite happy with the performance of our Classes, but we know there is always room for improvement. Our goal behind these changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board. Our updates fall into 3 categories:

1. While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness. As an example, we generally want to avoid creating situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time because it too greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV.
  2. Some skills and builds are not as effective as we would like, so we're pushing out some buffs to increase their strength.
  3. Paragon Glyphs are currently providing too much player power, so we're reducing their overall effectiveness.
An ideal we have carried throughout development and will uphold is that Class balance is a journey, not a destination. We want more Class builds to be fun, powerful, and competitive within reason.

Thank you all for supporting us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

Barbarian

Skill Changes​

Challenging Shout

• Damage Reduction gained from Skill Ranks reduced from 4% to 2%.

Legendary Aspect Changes​

Bold Chieftain's Aspect

• Cooldown reduction per Nearby enemy reduced from 2.7-5.4 seconds to 1.0-1.9 seconds.
  • Maximum Cooldown reduction from 12 to 6 seconds.
Aspect of the Dire Whirlwind

• Increased Critical Strike Chance per second reduced from 5-10% to 3-8%.
  • Maximum Critical Strike Chance bonus reduced from 20-40% to 9-24%.

Item Changes​

Gohr's Devastating Grips

• Explosion damage gained from Whirlwind reduced from 50-70% to 16-26%.
  • Damage against wreckable objects no longer increases explosion damage.
  • Explosion damage is only increased by the first 100 hits of Whirlwind.

Druid

Skill Changes​

Pulverize

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 33% to 25%.
Lightning Storm

• Damage increased from 32% to 40%.
Grizzly Rage

• Maximum extended duration from kills reduced from 10 to 5 seconds.

Class Specialization​

Obsidian Slam

• Kills required for bonus increased from 10 to 20.
Calm Before the Storm

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 15% to 10%.

Passive Changes​

Electric Shock

• Damage bonus increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18%.

Legendary Aspect Changes​

Shockwave Aspect

• Damage reduced from 90-130% to 60-100%.
Crashstone Aspect

• Critical Strike Damage reduced from 40-50% to 30-40%.
Lightning Dancer's Aspect

• Flat damage increased from .5-.6 to .7-.8.

Necromancer

Skill Changes​

Blood Lance

• Damage increased from 67.5% to 80%.
Army of the Dead

• Damage increased from 30% to 45%.
  • Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds.
Blood Wave

• Damage increased from 90% to 120%.

Passive Changes​

Shadowblight

• Damage increased from 20% to 22%.
Grim Harvest

• Essence gained reduced from 3/6/9 to 2/4/6.
Serration

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from .5/1/1.5% to .3/.6/.9%.
Death's Defense

• Maximum Minion Life lost in a single damage instance reduced from 75/60/45% to 60/45/30%.

Class Specialization​

Raise Skeleton

• Skeleton Warrior attack damage increased by 10%.
Golem

• Golem attack damage increased by 10%.
Blood Golem

• Blood Golem Life drain damage increased from 40% to 90%.
  • Blood Golem Life drain healing from enemies hit increased from 4% to 5%.
Iron Golem

• Iron Golem slam damage increased from 25% to 175%.
  • Iron Golem shockwave damage increased from 30% to 40%.

Paragon Board Changes​

Hulking Monstrosity

• Golem Life and damage bonus increased from 30% to 40% Life.
Cult Leader

• Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.

Rogue

Skill Changes​

Twisting Blades

• Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
  • Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
Rapid Fire

• Damage increased from 24% to 30%.
Dark Shroud

• Damage Reduction per shadow gained from Skill Ranks reduced from .8% to .4%.
Dash

• Enhanced Dash Critical Strike Damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
Caltrops

• Damage increased from 30% to 40%.

Passive Changes​

Concussive

• Critical Strike Chance reduced from 5/10/15% to 4/8/12%.

Legendary Affix Changes​

Repeating

• Ricochet chance increased from 15-30% to 30-45%.

Sorcerer

Skill Changes​

Arc Lash

• Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 30% to 14%.
  • Glinting Arc Lash Cooldown reduction reduced from .25 to .15 seconds.
Teleport

• Shimmering Teleport’s Damage Reduction duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.

Legendary Affix Changes​

Aspect of Control

• Bonus damage reduced from 30-40% to 25-35%.

General

Miscellaneous Class Changes​

Druid Companions and Necromancer Minions

• Maximum damage over time taken per damage instance reduced from 2% to 1% of maximum Life.

Paragon Board Changes​

Rare Nodes

• Player Attack Speed nodes reduced by 50%.
Glyphs

All Glyph Bonus scaling has been reduced by ~34%, except for the following:

• Critical Strike Damage Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Vulnerable Glyphs’ Bonus reduced by ~66%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Rare nodes reduced by ~50%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Magic nodes reduced by ~40%.
  • Glyphs' Bonus to Cold/Fire/Lightning/Non-Physical/Physical nodes reduced by ~62.5%.

Monster Changes​

• Significantly reduced the spawn rate of Treasure Goblins within PvP zones.

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed the name for the Light Bearer Mount.
  • The Go to Shop button from the Wardrobe will now properly open the shop.
  • Fixed an issue where if a Sorcerer uses Deep Freeze and is affected by another effect that would freeze them, it caused them to be permanently stunned.
  • Miscellaneous stability and crash fixes.